Friday, May 7, 2021

Friday With Lillian......

 I talked to Lillian earlier in the week and told her I was coming to see her on Friday.....
and this morning she called me just as I was getting in the car to drive over to Fort Worth!
I think that's a good thing that she remembered I was coming.


She looks SO much better!!!!
Her grandson from Austin had been there to visit her earlier and he took her some Chick-fil-A and a chocolate milkshake. I came bearing Braum's hamburgers and a chocolate malt.
She ate a little of the hamburger and worked on the malt which I took as a good sign since she had just eaten what her grandson brought her! She may be getting a tiny bit of meat on her bones!!


I bought new bedding and her graddaughter had already bought a new mattress pad.
The sheets are super soft and of excellent quality.
I figured if she's staying in bed a lot, I would make it as comfortable as possible.

I hung up all her pictures.


One of the staff had already hung the one of the Battery in Charlston.
Lillian lived there for many years and her younger sister still lives there. She and Lillian are the last of the 11 siblings.


She leaves this out year round - however it's been in a box for the last year.


This card was inside a card Lillian received and I love it.
There were two white thumb tacks in the wall and I used one for this.


Lillian loves this small Mother's gift from one of her children.
Out of three, only one is still alive and she's not in very good health at all.

Three tiny things on the wall and these are the most precious.


All of Lillian's things had been dumped in boxes and stacked up during the entire year of 2020.
She and I sorted and organized all her drawers and all the boxes.

I noticed such a change in Lillian's attitude.
Normally she tells me, "I don't take good pictures anymore."


But today she smiled and posed and even held my phone herself and moved it around to take a pic!


I am thrilled to see her looking so happy!
Louis Dean didn't come with me but I told her he will next time and bring his guitar.
She said, "Well, I'm ready to hear some music!!"
I must have hugged her 4 or 5 times in saying goodbye!

She was so proud of all 'my mail' as she calls her cards, and she had a STACK of them!!
She said she got behind when she spent a week in the hospital!
I can't thank you enough for all your kindnesses to Lillian!
She knows and the staff knows that there are many many people out there who know who she is and are praying for her. That's exactly why she is looking so good now!
She had a recent doctor appointment and I know they are doing some things to help her feel better.
She has oxygen in her room now and has had it for nearly a year, although she doesn't use it all the time.

On my way out, I stopped and asked the office if the residents were allowed to go out to lunch.
"Not yet." But I think it will be soon!
Lillian used to say she might not go out again but today she say, "I'm ready to eat at Jason's Deli!"

I could not have asked for a better visit!!
Thank you for all your prayers for our sweet lady!


11 comments:

Kathy said...

This is wonderful news about Lillian. She looks so much better. You are so good to spend time with her.

Bluebird49 said...

She looks so good today! You're an angel!

Elizabeth said...

So nice to see that she is looking healthier.
Many of us will continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are such a good friend to her. I'm sure that that makes a lot of difference in her life. She is looking good and healthier.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You are so kind to Lillian. Please post her address again. I would love to send her a card and letter. Also, I must have missed the post where you explained how you met Lillian. Is she a relative of yours? So very glad that she is doing better. Thanks for the update.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's all such good news! You are a good friend to her...and to all of us! God bless you!

Vee said...

Very encouraging! Lillian is looking as if she is feeling better. Her walls look much better and all the organization. It is comforting to look around and see things that are so meaningful. God bless her. And you for being such a bright light in her life.

Changes in the wind said...

This post was so uplifting to know she is better and that you had a good visit.

photowannabe said...

Oh Linda, this makes my heart sing...
I do believe that Lillian has "turned the corner".
Your loving care for her is just the medicine she needs.
Now her room looks like it belongs to her..
So glad she wants to go out to eat too...hope this happens SOON !!
Sue

MadSnapper said...

I am so happy for both of you for this great visit and that you got to hug each other. love all her mementos and she looks super great in tht cute hat and the last photoin the chair is really good of her... God bless you for all that you do for her.

Ginny Hartzler said...

She does look a bit less frail! And I know you and your visit give her such joy and hope. What a shame about her children...she has known so much sorrow.