Sunday, May 2, 2021

Our Cats Are Back!

Saturday afternoon we drove over to the Bell's to pick up Tabith and Samantha.
That's the only time that we arrive and the kids sigh instead of greeting us all happy like! 
They wanted to put off the kitties leaving as long as they could!
We all went out for yogurt at the Ractrack - the frozen yogurt and topping bar is open again!!
The day was chilly but we sat outside - but the yogurt was good!!!


We visited a little while when we got back .....but it was time to take our cats and go home.
Amber and Mike are even attached to the kitties!


Amber told me the story about Samantha and Mike passing one another on the stairs the other day.
He bent down to pet her and she turned around and raced back up the stairs.
He thought, "Okay......" and went on down to the living room and sat with his laptop to do some work.
She came back seconds later with one of her favorite toys she had gone to retrieve, dropped it at his feet and looked up at him. Playtime!!! And so they did!


They are so full of personality!
I know the kitties love the Bells every bit as much as the Bells love the kitties!

This morning we met up again at church.


Always a great service and many responded to the gospel and gave their hearts and lives to Jesus.
The kids were sweet with each one carrying the new Bibles their parents gave them at Easter.
Logan had a higlighter and found the scriptures and highlighted them.
II Samuel 9:1


The special guest this morning??
The Newsboys!
Amber has loved them since she was a young teenager and she loves them still.


Look how much the kids have grown!
Kailey is already wearing shoes from the ladies department!


Trystan had the cutest dress and leggings on.....
It's a Swirl dress!!


And look who's back in Texas????
I haven't seen her yet but I WILL!!

Louis Dean and I have had the nicest Sunday!
We ate lunch and watched a Bull after church and then he worked on his music and I took a nap.
We both worked out in the gardens and are making our way to the back pond, cleaning, planting and making things pretty as we go. I want to hurry and rush around cleaning it all up - but it is a step by step - keep plugging away at it - type of project. Would you believe - in all the time we have been married - 16 years in June - we have never had the entire back yard cleaned up? That's our goal for this year!

Since I napped and then we worked outside until dark, I just now made dinner and it's all ready except for the garlic toast which I am going to do now.




I do love Sunday!!!


9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your kitties sure are so beautiful! And the quads are growing so fast!

Kathy said...

That is a great weekend for sure.

Bluebird49 said...

You surely did have a good weekend! Glad you've got the kitties back and hope you're feeling better.
Have a wonderful week. 16 years for you and Louis Dean, and 55 years for Ed and I this past June 30th!Ed and I both say we have more relaxing fun now than we did in the first half. We don't have to be so careful in what we say or do, we know each other so well. We're still always finding out new things about each other, too, after all these years. :)
<3 you!

Vee said...

What a great dress! Trystan showed it off to perfection.

Good news, the best news, from church. ♥️

Rayne has definitely grown. All the grands are growing!

Happy cleaning, you two. May the weather cooperate and maybe even be perfect temps for pushing through the
backyard.

MadSnapper said...

Rayne and the quads are now young ladies and a man.. growing up so fast. hard to believe how grown up they are. your cats are blessed to have THREE homes and not many do that i don't think. the best of our world for them. Amber is beautiful, love the photo. good luck with the cleanup

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice you now have your cats home and nice too you have a loving place to take them to when you go to the ranch. Those kitties probably think of both places as home to them. The grands do grow up fast. I have a couple graduating high school this year and it's so hard to believe. I was just holding them on my lap yesterday it seems. I think garden work is always a work in progress, there is always more to do. Hope you have a wonderful new week ahead.

Debbie said...

i love sundays too!! you are so lucky to have a wonderful family to watch the kitties for you, one who loves them like you do!! i watched the newsboys shine, they sure do shine!!

trystans twirl was so cute, they are getting so big!! you had a really nice day!!

photowannabe said...

Your Sunday sounds just about perfect!!
Glad you have your darling kitties back home with you.
I adore Tristan's swirly dress.
I remember way back in my Kindergarten days I had a green dress that I called my twirly dress and wanted to wear it all the time. (thanks for bringing back that memory from way back in the "Dark Ages")
Sue

Carole said...

I watched a Bull yesterday too - I enjoy them even when I've seen it before. Cheers