Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Our Den all Dressed up in Red, White, and Blue!!

 I think I must be running on fumes today!
I didn't go to sleep until after 3:00 this morning and I was wide awake at 9:00!
AND I did not even take a nap today!

I pretty much threw myself into cleaning and decorating the den in red/white and blue!


You can see Tabitha is looking for her basket and does not seem too pleased at not finding it!


I took this pic just a few hours before the one above!


I left the one she had been favoring on the stool over there by the table in case she still wants to fold herself up and get in there! There is a wire basket suitable for her on the piano - and we'll see if it suits her fancy!


I love having my perpetual tree in the den.
I took off all the birds and eggs and nests and packed them away.


This theme will last through the first part of July and then I will pull out all my sunflowers.


Table for four!
So far Tabitha has ignored her basket over by the table!

*****Source*****

I'm closing tonight's journal entry with this great photo a friend sent me.
I am heading to bed now.
Wishing you all a good night's sleep!







14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, you went all out for July Fourth! The little tree is so abunant and professionally done!! And your table is gorgeous, it should be in a magazine. You really have a talent for table settings.

Bluebird49 said...

It looks very festive in there, even though Tabitha couldn't get in her basket!
You've had lots of wonderful excitement lately. I hope you're getting plenty of rest and winding down. What a year already!!💕

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your den looks so great. I love all the red, white and blue. I especially like the thought in those notes at the end. Great advice. Nice post. I will stop by again soon.

Vee said...

After all that activity, I hope you sleep well and for a good long time. You deserve and need your rest. A happy and blessed day to you...

Arlene G said...

Linda, I loved hearing about your trip to KC. With moving I cannot remember if I commented on your post or not. So heartwarming. I am in my new house but it is still a mess right now. Could you bring some of that energy and come to Alabama????

Changes in the wind said...

How sweet that you decorate around the cat and doesn't your fourth of July tree look wonderful!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the red white and blue decorations. I do the same here and love that they last throughout the summer. Mine are up until lLabor Day comes. It is a work in progress for me, I'm not done and only just begun.

Sandi said...

Sweet cat! 😊

I appreciate your patriotism. It is good to see!

Debbie said...

awwww, tabitha is still/always adorable!! the house looks great in red, white & blue, and i adore the tree. i don't think i have ever seen your home decorated in this way!!

i have an ornament tree that i use to decorate for the patriotic holidays, i guess i have lost my enthusiasm!!

photowannabe said...

Well SuperWoman I sure hope you have gotten some rest and that your energy is renewed.
You are such a human dynamo .
Poor Tabitha looks so disgusted..it made me laugh.
I hope she will settle into her different place.
Your place looks so festive and patriotic...I love that.
About as much decorating as I will do is finally put the flag out.
Even in your tiredness you are so encouraging..
Linda...you are one in a million.
Sue

Wanda said...

Oh how lovely your Red, White and Blue. Love the table setting and all the lights. Tabitha is so cute.

I must get out my flag for the balcony and a few other decorations. Don't have much, have been trying so hard to "downsize" with things that take to much time and energy to change.

All you do keeps you young and exciting....how your fanily must LOVE coming to your home.

Love and hugs.

Deanna Rabe said...

So much goodness in this post! Love your red, white, and blue!

LC said...

You must be a whirlwind of energy, even with little sleep. And loved those thoughts for the day. God bless!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Linda, your decorations whether seasonal or for a special holiday (aren't they all special?) are so wonderful to see. I do not change the decor inside our apt, but only decorate minimally outside our entry. Most folks living here do not even do that it seems but it welcomes us home every time as your decorations surely do yourself and Louis Dean. The photo of Tabitha in the basket was sweet and glad she located it.