Sunday, May 30, 2021

Celebrating.......

This sign is in the Starbucks Target store in Frisco and we were there to begin the Quads 9th Birthday Celebration! Mike had taken Harrison for some Father/Son adventures that included go-carts, some ice time at the hockey rink, lunch out at Freebirds where Harrsion lost a tooth as he ate a burrito and then chilling at home for a little while playing video games together before Harrison went with his dad to watch Mike's hockey game! Yes, the whole family loves hockey!

Both of us grandmothers ( MeeMAW as I am called and Grandmommy, Mike's mom) were there to make a party of six for a Girls' Day! Let the fun begin!


Amber surprised the girls with an 'Experience' birthday gift......


Ear Piercing!
The girls were excited and nervous at the same time!
Trystan stepped up to be first,which I thought was entirely appropriate as she was Baby A - aka the Gatekeeper - and was the first to be born. She chose tiny gold stars for her tiny ears, while Kailey and Logan both went with the small pearls.


Look how cute Amber is!!
She decided to get one more piercing on her right ear.....she has several already.


Very Nice!!
Amber had made the appointment for five people.......


 I had my ears pierced for the very first time!


I chose the largest little diamond they had!
I had her pierce them a little ways up so I can continue to wear my clip ons.
72 years old and doing something new!
I teased Louis Dean later and said I am now contemplating a tatoo!
As in TWO of them!
Can you guess what they will be?
Eyebrows!

We had stopped at Starbucks when we arrived and then again as we were leaving!
These girls all love their tea!
Amber got them cake pops and Trystan pronounced this 'The BEST day EVER!'

From there we shopped Sam Moon!

***Source***

We all found some treasures there!
I found two pretty new pairs of blingy clip earrings to go with my new studs!
The girls had chore money they had saved up and did their own shopping.


After they paid, they sat down and showed each other what they had bought!


So cute!!

Next stop was for a late lunch at the Olive Garden!

***Source***

I wish you could have heard the girls order! 
So grown up and such good manners.
We ladies had soup/salad and bread sticks all around, with the grandmothers adding a glass of wine!
Cheers!

Next up - Stonebriar Mall!

***Source***


The girls ALL love the PINK store, including Amber!

***Source***

And Claire's!!!
That was one of Amber's favorites when she was young.
She is such a good shopper and her girls are, as well.
They were looking at some small cases to put their treasures in - priced at $20 each.
Logan, who does a lot of window shopping at Claire's online, told her mommy they were on sale for $11.99 there. When they told the lady at check out, she said she would match the online price in the store! Win!! WIN!!! Good for you, Logan!


It was such a good day!!

I had laughed earlier that morning when I told Louis Dean I would be home before dark!
As it turned out, I pulled into the driveway right at 8:30!

We all met up at Fellowship Church this morning for services!


This is such a sweet photo!
The girls and I were all wearing our new blingy things!


Amber and Mike make a beautiful couple in every way!
I am so proud of them and the way they are parenting Trystan, Kailey, Harrison and Logan and how they keep their marriage at the top of the priority list!

The celebrations will continue!
Tomorrow is their actual birthday......
born on a Thursday to ensure the presence of all 30 members of the sugical team.
They wanted to avoid the weekend!


This photo was taken on May 30th 2012.......
entry taken from my post 'The First Official Prediction.....'

That's my girl! She is such a trouper.

Today has been a 'berry bad day' as she used to say.
The mag IV or the preclampsia - who knows which! - has given her such a bad case of double vision she can't even see people's faces. The doctor lowered the mag IV down a notch so hopefully this will help.
The sonogram this morning showed all four babies still doing great.

The babies were born at 12:55 in the afternoon with Logan having her own minute, the last one to arrive at 12:56!

Happy Birthday to the Bell Quads!!!!
And a big round of applause to the Amazing Quad Mom!
 

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful day! I am amazed that you got your ears pierced! Well, you are always up for an adventure! Happy birthday to the awesome Quads.

Kathy said...

I remember their birth so well and how the Ladies Bible Study prayed for Amber and the babies. So hard to believe it was 9 years ago already. Amber and Mike have done a great job raising them. What nice and polite young people they have become. Happy birthday to the quads.

Bluebird49 said...

What a few wonderful days you've had. You are always making things fun. That's one of your many talents!

Hootin Anni said...

I like the idea of doing "man" things together while the girls went shopping. I remember their birth like it was yesterday...how they changed our lives as only they could.

You're all blessed...and you gave us a gift of life sharing them with us!!!

Deanna Rabe said...

Happy Birthday to the Quads! We've watched them grow up here on the blog and it is delightful to see how they love each other, and their parents and grands! It's wonderful to see Amber and Mike raising them well!

I love that Mike did guy things with Harrison, and Amber girl things with the Trystan, Kailey, and Logan. So fun! And they included you and Grandmommy too!

I like your little stud earrings! I've had my ears pierced since I was 11 years old. I keep thinking about getting second holes like yours!

Arlene G said...

What a fun day!! Making memories those little girls will remember all their days.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I didn't realize that your daughter was the mom of quads. She does sound amazing. There birthday celebration looks like so much fun - an entire day's worth! My oldest daughter's name is Amber as well. I always thought that was such a pretty name. Have a wonderful Memorial Day. See you again soon!

Changes in the wind said...

Ear piercing will not be forgotten and especially since MeeMaw got hers pierced with them. Happy Birthday to the quads and many more.

Vee said...

Oh, yes! A round of applause for sure 🎉🎉🎉🎉! God absolutely blessed the Quads with very special parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. Have a blessed day!

Luann said...

Happy Birthday Bell Quads. I love the shopping experience AND MeeMaw getting her ears pierced with the girls!!!! I think YOU were the bravest Sis! Life is so interesting when we are open to new adventures. :-) Sending love to all

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday to the quads and congrats to the parents on doing such a good job and the grandma's too that helped along the way !

Jan said...

Happy Birthday to the quads! The girls day sounds like so much fun!

photowannabe said...

Oh what an amazing celebration you had. So fun and those girls really had a ball.
Congrats on getting your ears pierced too.
You will really like them.
Amber and Mike are amazing parents to these precious quads and you are a terrific Meemaw too.
Sue

Wanda said...

Oh what a fun Birthday for all the quads. Love that Harrison got to spend the day with Dad. And what a time you girls had. I had my first ear piercing for my wedding 60 years ago. I wanted these little drop pearl earrings. Then when my girls became 13 and got their ears pierced, I got my second hole. So I almost always were to hoops. I love silver hoops.
Thanks for your continued love and prayers. We do feel them.
Love and Hugs.

Carole said...

wow! Half way to 18 already! So grown up. Cheers and have fun celebrations.

Eva said...

Precious kids! They've grown up SO fast! So glad you're enjoying them while they're little.
Linda, please be sure you see some eyebrow tattoos that've been done in real life before you have that done. I have several friends who've had them done and they look blue! Particularly on those women with light hair--I can't look at anything else when I see them. The one thing that might be different is that all of theirs were done a number of years ago, and hopefully the techniques are much better now. I don't mean to be negative, but I'd hate to see you do something so permanent and not like it. Please be sure to check it out, OK, my friend?

LC said...

What a wonderful day!. Kudos to moms and grandmothers who give granddaughters a thoughtful birthday celebration AND provide fun role models for savvy shopping!

Debbie said...

happy birthday to the quad squad, they sure are a beautiful bunch!! it sounds like the perfect day for everyone...

as i read that last paragraph and started to remember it all. what a miracle!!

Carla said...

What a fun time. Girls did their thing and the boys did theirs. You had me going when you said you were thinking of getting not one but two tattoo's. LOL your eyebrows. Here I thought you were gonna come down and get a tattoo with me.
Hugs