Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Good News Wednesday!

   Louis Dean has been feeling better every day - so much so that he's nearly feeling like his old self again!

We had an afternoon appointment with Dr. Maddox today and this is our traditional selfie taken in the waiting room. Louis Dean said he is getting tired of all these doctor visits.


Notice his flashy shirt?
I've never seen him wear it before!
I didn't even know he had this.


Dr. Maddox gave him a good report!
More blood work today but not another appointment until October.
Win! WIN!!

Today has been a good one.

 

While as much as I love Fall, decorating for it in July has never happened before.
At this rate, I will be ready for September a whole month early.
I wanted to start painting my Santa for 2022 - you know, Christmas in July?
But I decided to finish the house first and paint after that.....
but I did listen to a Josh Groban Christmas CD while I worked in the living room.


This was last night's visit from our little possum.
He lives underneath the south kitchen side deck - I know this because I saw him go back down through the hole under there. Louis Dean suspected that's where their den is and purposely did not cover it up.

Between that last sentence and this one, I went outside to look for a water hose nozzle and saw that little possum come out of its den - he saw me and flippy tailed itself right around and went back in.
They love pinto beans and water melon. It was on the menu last night and again tonight!





16 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Peace!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great pic of the cute possum! They eat so many invasive insects. Such wonderful news about Louis Dean, HURRAH!!!

Judy said...

Definitely a 'win win'! Happy for your very good Wednesday. I really like that quote!

Unknown said...

So glad Louis Dean got a good health report from his doctors. I have to admit that little possum is kinda creeping me out. Bless his little heart though. LOL

Hootin Anni said...

'possums are good to have around!! They keep insects at bay. Love the fact that L D is doing well. And your hint of your Santa painting has me on edge ...can't wait to see

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy the visits have had good results! And it's nice to decorate your home whenever you are in the mood. Maybe I should do this to liven mine up a bit! It feels a bit dull. Hugs to you both!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so happy you have some good news to share ! That would make anyone very happy !May the good new continue to come your way !

Carol said...

Glad that LD is feeling better. I don't want to think about decorating for fall yet, but I am ready for this hot and humid weather to be gone.

Suemn said...

So glad to hear the Louis Dean is doing better!

Changes in the wind said...

That indeed is good news for LD and so glad he is feeling better. Only you would befriend a possum:)

photowannabe said...

I can't say that I think possums are "cute" but they are good critters to have around. Nice you give him a treat now and then.
Yay for the good report on Louis Dean. He looks so spiffy in that shirt too. I don't blame him for getting tired of dr. appointments. It does help when its good news though.
Happy Fall decorating..
Me??
I'm still slogging through summer.
Sue

Tina said...

So happy Louis Dean is doing so much better! He looks very handsome in his flashy shirt! You both deserve to have a peaceful rest of the summer after all you’ve been through! Have a wonderful day!

Brenda said...

Prayers for you and your family.

Vee said...

Excellent report! That is a snazzy shirt Louis Dean was wearing. Funny that you didn't know he had it. I imagine there are a few outfits you have that he doesn't know about either.

Latane Barton said...

So happy Louis Dean is feeling so much better and I know you are, too. Girl, you better check out where L.D. got that shirt Hmmmmm. just kidding. Hugs.

Carole said...

Fancy having a pet possum! Glad LD's doc visit went well. Cheers