Sunday, July 17, 2022

Mini MiMi Camp - Day #2

We all slept well last night! The boys shared the double bed in the camper bedroom while Jesse slept up in the boy bunk and I was in my usual place - the comfy cozy girl bunk.

I was the first one to wake up this morning and was in the front room with my coffee when Jesse got up. 


He made his coffee using a propane stove.
This is what he uses when he's camping and there's no electricity.
Jesse knows a dozen or more ways to make coffee!!


Between the two of us - we cooked up a pretty good breakfast!
He manned the gas grill out on the side deck.....


and I manned the microwave and hotplate in the front room.


Bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy and (not pictured) fried potatoes!

 

See the 'mop' in the pic?
That's either Remmie or Rugar.

The guys all went back down to Lake Toguchi  - or the big tank - which is a small tank compared to what it used to be before the drought.







Still.....there's fish to be caught there!





And kayaking!

It's still 100+ degrees here so this afternoon all the guys stayed in the air conditioned camper napping and resting. Fishing is tiring in this heat.


I spent my time in the front room finishing up some art and then packing up the rest of my projects to take home with me.

We grilled hot dogs for a late lunch and then they were off to Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir again - this time with fishing poles and kayaks in tow.


While they were gone I prettied up the front room taking all the floral fabric out and putting red in its place.


Art table now back to dining table!


My tub of projects to take home with me.

Then I went down to Dean and Sherry's - 
Sherry made homemade pizzas and pepper poppers!
We three ate and visited and then she sent food back for when the guys came in from the lake.

It's been a good day.....most of it I was as together as I used to be......


Until I looked at my memories on Facebook and lost it for a little while.
This day one year ago. Nita and Mike brought Lonnie and Michele down here for a visit.
It was a wonderful afternoon and they loved seeing all the goats and peacocks, geese, chickens and ducks. Still.....the loss of Nita is too fresh and I cried for a few hours.
The tears and sorrow are so worth the blessing of having Nita in my life.....for 68 years, 8 months and 1 day....... 





12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I believe you will never get over this, but it will get better! Your bee and flower painting is gorgeous!!

Carla said...

I love that flower n bee painting. You're so talented. Those potatoes definitely did get a tad brown. LOL oops.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Nita will always be in your memories. Tears are okay. Take care of yourself. Hugs Carla

Tina said...

Still praying for you and your family as you grieve your sweet sister! I can tell she was so loving and much loved. It’s wonderful that you are surrounded by so many who love you as you mourn her loss. Take good care of yourself! Hugs to you 🤗

Changes in the wind said...

Love that you and your son were cooking together as a team and what a breakfast it was! Wish it were a little cooler for your time there but rest in the afternoon is always good. Hope LD will behave himself while you are gone and grief is a process that will be ongoing as you well know. Blessings

MadSnapper said...

Grief takes Time and a lot of it for a long time. You Got this! I love the change out to RED. red is a color I love and I like those chair covers. the breakfast has me drooling, each of those foods is a favorite. when we go to Golden corral for breakfast that is what I have except the eggs are scrambled not fried. Enjoy the rest of your campout with your family. sorry to see the lake is dryig up. the dogs need it to cool off and those loud geese need it too

Deanna Rabe said...

I’m so glad your boys are enjoying their time at the ranch! Lots of good memories being made.

I remember seeing the big tank much fuller. We must pray for rain for y’all.

I’d have enjoyed sharing that breakfast with you!

photowannabe said...

Yes, I still believe too...
What wonderful promises for us to cling to.
I'm glad you have had this ranch time to be with family and just Feel your memories.
You are blessed.
Love Sue

Jackie See said...

Linda, it feels so good to hear your words. We love you and wish you the very best of happiness that God can give! ~jackie~

Carole said...

Linda, do you fish? Looks like fun - but a bit hot? Cheers

Vee said...

What a grand breakfast! Growing boys need to eat.
You tidy everything well. Looks so nice.
Nita is my age. Did she ever take a bad picture? Too cute. Just like her sister.
Yes, this journey goes on and on, yet The Lord will give you all the comfort you need.
Gentle hugs and ongoing prayers.
(I am praying that Louis Dean did not make too big of an impression on the kitchen. ☺️)

Bluebird49 said...

Praying for Mike, Leah and your whole family!!!!!!😍😍
Honey, last Weds. night , I had a stroke-- affecting my speech, mainly. I have been hospitalized since. It has hard on Ed. I can walk, but speech is difficult, still. I knew it immediately, and speaking was very bad and both Ed and I knew what it was!
I have been to 3 hospitals. Right now, I am home, but not sure for how long. The doctor seems pretty good. Just thought I would let you know, and ask you and L.D. to keep us in your prayer. Thanks!!
It's good seeing you all and Jesse and having fun at Granny Camp! Coffee sounds interesting and good!
Took me 30 min. to type this! 😑

Anonymous said...

Trudy, I’m sending you a private message….