Sunday, July 24, 2022

Celebrating Sunday.....

Saturday was a good day.....


It started out at 83 and didn't get into the 90's until about 10:30 to 11:00 so we sat out on the kitchen deck to have our coffee and devotionals. I'm so grateful that we can get outside for a little while every day.
Still no end in sight for the triple digits.

I am so humbled by the love of so many.
Just knowing y'all are out there reading my words and praying for us as we mourn our dear Nita has been such a blessing. We have been through so much together over the 12 years I have been writing in this online journal. It's been such a blessing to share my joys and it's been so easy, but sharing sorrow is so hard. I do so appreciate you who read my words. I've come to know so many as personal friends and we have shared our joys and sorrows together. I pray for you all.....asking God to bless many of you by name and then 'all those who read my words.'


My friend, Marilyn E. sent me a box of love and I cried.
Thank you, Marilyn, for not just the lovely things in the box - but for the gift of your love and friendship. The coasters are now part of the kitchen table place settings, the napkins are part of the den Honey Table place settings and the sweet SWEET T-towel is draped over the back of a side chair like a cover. I love it all and especially the card.
Thank you for thinking of me.....and please know I love and appreciate you.

I haven't been to church in person since before we lost Nita.
Last week I was at the ranch and the week before I just couldn't....and the week before that....

I told Louis Dean on Saturday that I was ready to go to church again.
This was a very special Sunday!


I got all dressed up!
This is the new dress I bought at the thrift store last week and it is so comfortable I could sleep in it.


It's a simply tank dress with an uneven hem line and a band of flirty filmy fabric.

Jesse came over and took us to church in his truck......


It's Summer at the Movies this month.
Last week was Star Wars.....today was Top Gun!
This is so cool the way they do this.
The movie is condensed down to all the best parts and then Pastor Ed is spliced in for his comments.
Can you guess what character trait is portrayed in Top Gun?
Pride.
Such a creative way to present the message!
I love my church!

The best part of this Sunday happened after the service.....


We all went down to the beautiful lake behind the church.....


It was super hot and sunny but we found a spot of shade to sit in.


It was a Baptism service.....
and Trystan, Kailey, Harrison, Logan and Mike are under that closest white umbrella.


Son Jesse found the shade of a tree while we waited.


It was cool watching the guy with the drone he used to take aerial photos of the baptism pool. 


Here they are after following the Lord in baptism.
It is an act of obedience to show we have accepted Christ as our personal Savior.

It was a glorious day and I am so thankful for Amber and Mike and Trystan, Kailey, Harrison and Logan.


We all had lunch together at Texas Roadhouse and then naps followed!
Good long deep-sleeping naps - the very best kind.


It was after 7:00 when I finally got up!
Time to water and I cut these three new sunflowers to put on the kitchen sink.
A new week is starting and I pray that it's a week full of blessings and life happenings for each and every one of you.






23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You look so beautiful, Linda! You are like a model spokesperson for all of us seniors! How wonderful that the Quads got baptized! I believe God has already begun to heal you from this sad loss.

Debby Messner said...

Congratulations on the children and their baptism. It sounds like today was a special one. ❤️

Brenda said...

Prayers and blessings

Hootin Anni said...

What a special blessing. We who stop by are blessed with your friendship, as you are blessed with a loving family!!!

Your Sunday was nothing short of lovely!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We are starting the week with a break from the heat. It's to be in the 70's and there is a chance of showers too. We don't have the triple digits that you have there anyway. What a blessing to see the baptism. I watch church on my phone yesterday and we had a baptism too. But ours is done indoors. The congregation applauded the newly baptized to welcome her into the church. Such a happy occasion. Take care in the heat and try to keep cool there !

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful to get to be there for your grandchildren to be baptized. Blessings to them for their whole lives. I know they'll do great!

Arlene G said...

What a special Sunday for the Bell Quads. I know there were tears of happiness shed at this big moment in their lives.

Changes in the wind said...

What a special day to see your grandchildren baptized and you look great in your new outfit.

terre said...

what a wonderful joy it is to see your little ones baptized. i know this to be true myself and still pray for the rest of the team! just want you to know that tho you live far away, i think of you on the daily. i see things around here that make me think of you or that i think you would like. it was truly the hand of God the led me to your blog. hugs, my sweet friend.
terre

Vee said...

Great joy in seeing your family members be baptized. It took fortitude in that heat.

You are a blessing to so many, Linda. I am grateful for having you as a blogging buddy.

Have a blessed day. Never fret the teary ones for they bring healing and sweet memories.

Just remember: It's not over!

Deanna Rabe said...

You are gorgeous! Inside and out! What a wonderful Sunday!

So happy for you all!

You are treasured by all who read your blog. You share yourself with us and we can't help loving you!

MadSnapper said...

I love your new dress and you look adorable in your bedroom, and agree with Ginny, you look fantastic. so happy you could go to church and stay for the Baptism. If we sat on the ground, there would be no way to get up. you and your family are so blessed to have each other, which heals the heart of all of you...

Carol said...

So much happiness and good news in this blog post. So exciting to see the kids and Mike being baptized. You look fantastic in that dress! I am so sorry that you lost your dear sister, but I am thankful that you and LD are still out and about and doing well.

Jan said...

How wonderful for you to see the quads' and Mike's baptisms! This post reminds me of a scripture-3 John 1:4 "I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth". Continuing to pray God's blessings on you and your family.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that all 4 were baptized together!

photowannabe said...

Thrilled that the kiddos were baptised yesterday.
So happy you were there to witness it.
God is so good and He cares so much for you.
Sue

Debbie said...

you and ld look great!! we have been thinking about a movie, top gun also, just to beat this heat!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a wonderful post, and your dress is beautiful...and you look fabulous in it! But the baptism is the greatest part. How wonderful to see young people following the Lord in baptism! What a blessing! So glad you and Louis Dean were able to be there to witness such a wonderful event. And I understand that long nap! Some days you just gotta do it! (we take a nap every afternoon after lunch, even if only 20 minutes, it sure helps). God bless you dear friend. may He continue to comfort your heart and give you peace.

Robin from P'ville said...

You look beautiful in the new dress.

Susie said...

Linda, I am so happy about the quads. I remember when I got baptised. My brother Charles did the same day. I went first, then Charles. I think we were the only two that Sunday. I used to tease brother about leaving a dirty ring in the baptism pool. :)
Love how very pretty you are in the dress. So happy and smiling. You needed that good day friend. You have a handsome family.
You and LD stay cool and out the heat. Hold tight to each other. Blessings, xoxo,love you guys, Susie

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello Linda. What a nice gift from your blogging friend! Blogging friends are so very kind and generous! You looked so beautiful for church and I am so glad you and LD could attend. Our granddaughter is getting baptised next month - yes, baptism is an outward symbol that we have accepted Christ and and have chosen to follow Him. I hope you and LD have a great week.

Carole said...

Love that dress although I coudn't wear a handkerchief hemline. Glad you felt up to going to church - cheers

Eva said...

Linda dear, I'm just catching up after a few weeks, and I didn't know about Nita. I am heartbroken for you. I've lost a brother, and I know that it's a loss you will always feel, particularly since you were so close. I'm happy, though, because I know she knew her Savior, and she's in His presence for eternity--and you will be with her again. I'm praying for you, my friend, and for your dear LD.
Eva