Monday, July 11, 2022

Good Report and Treasured Memories......

 Sometimes it's the simple everyday things we do that help us get through the day.


Like making tea on Sunday and listening to Jessy Dixon sing some of his gospel songs.


Planning meals and making a boxed pasta salad and adding all sorts of goodies to it - which kicks it right OUT of the box!

I knew Louis Dean was feeling better when I woke up Sunday morning and he had the 'Sunday Morning Music' playing and the coffee made and he was already dressed!
While we didn't go to church in person, we did sit in the living room and watched the service online.

Part of the day I was busy with household things and part of it I just sat in a stupor.
Both are part of the process of grieving for my sister.

We've been going to bed early the last several nights and it's not hard to get up at a decent hour in the mornings. Last night I set the alarm on my phone for 7:00 AM as Louis Dean had a cardiologist appointment at 9:45. I guess I just THOUGHT I'd set it - because Louis Dean got up and saw that it was 8:15 and woke me up!

It wasn't pretty but we managed to throw back a cup of coffee and get ourselves ready and were at the doctor's office on time!


Look at tall and trim he is!
Down to 198 pounds from the 211 when I took him to the ER.




I am not a worrier by nature as I have faith that God is guiding the affairs of Life.....


but a heavy burden of concern fell off my shoulders when Dr. Uppalapatti said Louis Dean was doing fine. He will need a pacemaker eventually, she said, but not yet!
When she pulled up his records from the ER and hospital stay, she said, "You were a very sick man!"
But his heart was not affected by the heat exhaustion or the pneumonia.


He has an appointment with his primary care in the morning to redo some labs and talk to him.
So step by step, Louis Dean is recovering from his ordeal.
And that means I am, too.

Without having to hold him in all my thoughts and watch his every move,
I've had more opportunity to feel my grief over losing my sister.


The sweet cards, emails, texts, messages, Facebook posts and phone calls have all been such a blessing to my heart, and all the prayers prayed for us as a family have been and are so appreciated.

Nita is the first loved one I have loss that has hit me like a freight train that I never saw coming.

Deanie and I speak to each other every day or two - we feel the need to stay connected.
This afternoon she sent me a couple of old photos......

This one is very old!
Mother had taken me out for my 17th birthday dinner and that's Nita and Lonnie on either side of me.
Deanie was at our Granny's house - Granny always did like her best! 
It was September 1965.


Here we four siblings are just a few years ago.
It's funny because Nita's keeping Deanie from saying whatever off-the-wall thing she was about to blurt out.

I saw the following pictures when I was thumbing through the blog book that just arrived in the mail today....the third quarter of 2019.


Leah and her momma.


Showing the birthday present from Nita and Mike.


This one is my favorite, though.
What a perfect couple they were.
Nita was the happiest person I have ever known.
Always a twinkle in her eye and a smile on her face and always looking on the bright side.

It's hard work, this grieving thing, and I wish we didn't have to do it.
But I know what Nita would say and do and what she would want us to do....


This is the way Nita lived her life.....

and the way she would want us to live ours.

23 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I am so glad that Louis Dean is doing so much better! That is good news. Nita was a beautiful woman, inside and out. She will be missed but you will see her again one day. Sending you love and prayers.

Susie said...

Linda, So happy to hear the good news about LD's dr. visit. He sure looks happy. Your sister was a beauty. Her smile was very pretty and her daughter looks like her. I love the picture of Nita and Mike. You are all in my prayers. I love you guys. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Carole said...

what a beautiful 17 year old! Glad LD is better. Kia kaha

Stacy said...

I am so glad things are going so well with Louis Dean's recovery. I know that takes a big load of stress and worry off of your shoulders. I am sorry about your sister. I missed that bit of news as I've been busy training for a new job. It is hard, but I am glad you have the Lord to hold you up and give you comfort as you grieve.

Tina said...

So glad to see Louis Dean is doing so much better and that you are getting to do some much needed grieving for your sweet sister! I have sent you a little care package that is supposed to arrive tomorrow, hope it makes your day a little brighter 🌼

Anonymous said...

Such Good News!

You are loved and being lifted up by those who love you.

Brenda said...

Glad good doc report…sorry about your sister…prayers

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are right! I believe she would want you to grieve, then go on with enjoying life. She had such a happy life, and was so blessed to have her sisters, especially you. You never took her for granted, and always appreciated her.

Unknown said...

Glad LD got a good report from the doctor. That must be a huge relief to you. I love that picture of Nita and Leah. You can tell Leah loved her mama. I hope she's doing okay. Continued prayers for all.

Hootin Anni said...

Amen to such a happy lady! She was a role model!! I'm happy to read the good news about L D's health/recovery. Excellent

Estelle's said...

Probably like most of your readers, I feel we came to know Nita and her family from all of your posts about holiday gatherings. I am so sad she became sick so quickly and was called home to heaven. I'm sure her family must be heartbroken. Very glad to hear LD is growing stronger. More long hot days ahead so please take good care...sending hugs to everyone!

MadSnapper said...

I am hoping Louis Dean will feel as good as he LOOKS soon. The hospital agreed with him, he looks 10 years younger and so tall, slim and trim. and HAPPY. but he always has a smile on his face. it is rare to see a photo of him when he is not smiling. My heart feels joy and also deep sadness looking at your photos from the past. I know you feel that way to. Nita had the right idea, and she was a beautiful person, inside and outside

Arlene G said...

So glad that LD is doing better as that is one burden lifted. You are right, grief is a process and it is something you just have to work through. I remember in nursing school we studied the stages of grief....back then it was just a class but now I think I would pay more attention. Loved the picture of you at your 17th birthday!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have so many wonderful memories of your dear sister. Her smile really does light up a room...just like yours. Tell Louis Dean I think he looks very handsome and hope he continues to feel better. SING...he should SING!!! Sweet hugs to you both, Diane

Changes in the wind said...

So glad to hear the good report on LD and loved the picture of you and Nita when you were just 17.

Vee said...

Great news about the doctor's excellent report for Louis Dean. There are many of us out here who love you both and want only good days for you.

The photos are precious. My goodness you were an adorable teenager, Linda. You could have been Miss Teen America 1965. Nita certainly always has a light in her eye and I'm certain she does today. I have always liked the word that people in Glory are more alive than they ever were on earth. So what a hope to cling to.

I really wish that you didn't have to do this grieving thing, as well. Sometimes life really stinks. Sometimes I question The Lord. I do not understand what He is doing, but I do trust Him. He is working all things for our good.

Thanks to that photo of your lunch, I know what I am having for lunch today. ☺️

Sending love and prayers...

Brenda said...

Maybe some stories of growing up with your sister for those of us kind of new to this blog

Jackie See said...

I am so proud and grateful to call you my friend. I know that grieving is caused by a deep love for someone other than yourself. Do what YOU have to do to work thru this process. I can drive by Jason's old home and be okay but I can't drive by his car wash. I avoid that road unless I am alone and need to remember just how much he was loved. Then I allow myself to feel it. Somedays I leave my "Big Girl Panties" laying on the floor and I am grateful to feel such tremendous loss. For I know, grief is okay. Time for it is okay. This is how I heal. You will also heal, your way, in your own time. Hugs Linda, and know that you are being prayed for here in our home each day. ~jackie~ May our mighty God bring all the tools you need to heal to your door step.

photowannabe said...

Tender and beautiful. So much good news in your post. Yes there is definitely a time to grieve and I am glad you are allowing yourself to do it.
We each have to do it in our own way and own timing.
Grab the Lord's hand and continue to walk together.
Love you
Sue

Bluebird49 said...

Hi honey! I 'm so glad Louis Dean is much better! He is stronger, and that is great!
There is nothing about grief that I like! It is so hard, and sometimes it just doesn't seem to go away, but it does lessen. It changes us.
I'm thankful I will see my Sherry again, and you will see Nita again, too! I loved seeing your pictures. You have always been beautiful!
Sending warm hugs and love!
Love you!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Linda, thankfully, you and Louis Dean had some good news after his checkup and you surely needed that. Grief is such an overwhelming process that can really drain your spirit and energy. Glad you are feeling a little better, but your sister is always with you in your heart as you well know.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you and your family during these trying times. Prayers offerred.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Linda, so glad that LD is on the mend. Very sorry about your sister. I am grieving the recent loss of my brother whose death "hit me like a freight train I didn't see coming," as you put it so well. My heart goes out to you. Take good care of yourself.