Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Monday Treasures.......

 Monday morning we drove over to Fort Worth to visit with Deanie and Charlie.... 


Lonnie was already over there!


Louis Dean waxed eloquent with his stories and talking.
He's been missing social life and talking to people since we have had so many quiet days at home lately with just me to talk to. 

We all sat together in their lovely den and talked and laughed and cried together.
Well, maybe I was the only one crying but they were so sweet about it. 

I love Deanie and Charlie's home!


There's something unique to see everywhere you look!


All four of us siblings loved the Three Stooges when we were kids.

This is a box that she cleverly framed.


The old fashioned telephone sat on a table in the hall and I picked it and put it to my ear.
I wouldn't have been surprised to have heard a dial tone.


I walked around the house admiring all her pretty things.


Deanie refinished this chest recently and it is beautiful!


She and Charlie are great at finding treasures!
This large oil painting was just $5!


What a magnificent wall of crosses!


This room used to be their office when Charlie and Deanie had Wilson Classic Plumbing Company.


I need a coffee cup like this one!


Deanie and Charlie filled this wall with Goodwill Treasures and it is beautiful!

They had a delicious lunch prepared for us!


Chicken salad and chips and dips and all sorts of fresh fruits and veggies.


And Charlie brought out my own personal box of salt!


There's three of us now.


Here's three handsome guys.
Lonnie was so sweet and spoke wise words of wisdom and comfort to me.


Deanie and Louis Dean are best buds! 

It was so good to be together.

We left around 2:30 and I decided to hit up the Goodwill in Benbrook.
Their prices are so much better than ours in Irving and they still give Senior discounts of 25% - 
except I was a day early!
No matter! The cheaper prices made it come out the same.


That soft gray dress is going to look great this fall with the right accessories. 
Perhaps the perfect scarf? Or the right jewelry....maybe a belt?
The heavy metal pumpkin was just $2.99 and is sitting near the trumpet vine arbor in the kitchen side yard. I'm in love with that pretty purse and I can't wait for a cold morning when I can slip into that warm comfy red robe. Yes, I'll have it all washed and clean and ready - but I know I'm going to have to wait a long time before I can wear it.
 

Four nice Christmas glasses......


I don't know what this is for but I like it!

Our next stop was Hobby Lobby!


All their fall things were out and on sale at 40% off......so I came home with these two pillow covers.


Plus the new sunflowers for the foyer vase.

Today has been a home day.
I slept late and it was already too hot to get out and do anything in the yard.
I brought in a few more tubs of fall debris.
It's like meeting old friends seeing all my pretty leaves and pumpkins and such.
I'm putting 'stuff'  in different places this year and changing things up a little.

Ilene - our sweet neighbor - stopped by tonight and we were so happy to get to sit and visit with her a bit. Inside the cool den and not out on the hot driveway - even though it was after the sun had gone down. Still too hot!


This came up in my Facebook Memories today - a dozen years ago.


I close tonight's journal entry with this special photo sent to me by our beloved Mad Snapper - Sandra.
Thank you!

Good night and God Bless you....


13 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Every picture in this post was a keeper!! I enjoyed seeing Deanie, Charlie and some of their home.
Thank you the note you sent. Ed asked if you were the art lady from Texas, and I assured him you were!❤❤

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Mad One did create such a beautiful card! You got so many awesome Goodwill things this week. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought their 40% off fall sale, as well. I got a sunflower pitcher, and quite a few other things. Deanie's sunflower painting is gorgeous! And I love the funny mug, we are sure night owls. Louis Dean is looking very well, but looks like he has still lost quite a bit of weight.

Brenda said...

Prayers for your lovely family.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Visits with family and friends are the best.

Vee said...

You so needed to be with Deanie and Lonnie. You are still four! One of you has moved to Glory, that is all. I love the photo that your friend sent you. It is so dear and says so much. Ongoing prayers and lots of love. (I still want to shop the way you do. I suppose that would mean going to the store. 😏)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I am so glad that you can gather with family at times like this. You all provide each other with such love and support. I love all the treasures you find at Goodwill. Charly and I enjoy hunting for treasures and deals at thrift stores too! See you again soon.

MadSnapper said...

this is good news you could get together with your siblings. Her house is lovely and the dresser she refinished is gorgeous. the one piece you showed that is my favorite is the long thin table on the cross wall. I could sit it behind my sofa and put lamps on it. hugs and prayers

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you were able to gather together and comfort one another. The lunch looked great and their home was lovely. Thanks for sharing.

BeachGypsy said...

Linda my girlfriend yall have been through an awful sad sad time-- I think of you often. Love the goodwill finds!!-- we would sure have a ball " goodwilling" together!!-- one of my favorite thngs to do! Oh YES!--- With the new dress--- the belt the scarf the jewelry and a HAT TOO! Pile it on!!!ha ha ha LOL-- You know me--- I am not a minimalist!! Hugs!

photowannabe said...

So many tender moments in your blog journal today.
I love your memory family photos and Louis Dean seems to be in his glory chatting away..good for him and good for you.
You always find the best treasures and Fall will be here before you know it.
Love Sandra's card to you too.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, I loved seeing all the pictures. I still have my old Ma Bell rotary dial phone. Just for a keepsake. Beautiful picture of Nita smiling in the sunset . Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

Carole said...

Being collectors obviously runs in your family! Great post as always

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sandra is such a sweet friend and so talented on the computer. I'm glad you're staying close to family during this hard time. Sweet hugs, Diane