Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sister Rita and Thomas are HERE!!!!

 I loved waking up on Thursday morning knowing my brother was sleeping in our guest room!
He's an early riser and I was all prepared for that!
I was up early and fixed my coffee (Buster doesn't drink coffee) and had my quiet time - all the while listening for the guest room door to open.
9:00 came.....then 10:00.....I carried my coffee outside and sat for a little while longer.
I had already done some laundry, emptied the dishwasher and even sewed a bowl cozy for my sister's gift basket I was preparing for her.
Finally, at 10:30, I couldn't stand it any longer and I very gently and quietly opened the guest room door a tiny little crack so I could peek in and check on my brother. He was sleeping like a baby! It was foolish to be worried about him but I was greatly relieved to see the blanket rise and fall with each breath.


He woke at last shortly after 11:00 and I was so pleased when he said he slept long and well.
Louis Dean got up a few minutes after Buster and we all had a simple breakfast outside on the kitchen deck.


I just love seeing this picture of them sitting out there visiting together.


I went in to start food prep for dinner that night.
First of all, I baked a cake!
Texas Dr Pepper White Sheet Cake!
Pam found this recipe in the newspaper and I made it for her birthday one year and it is really good!

Louis Dean and Buster went out to the driveway and worked to get things ready.
LD parked his truck between our house and Stephanie's and I moved my car to her driveway since she and Mark are out of town.
That left plenty of room for their 31 foot RV.
We moved the outdoor carpet and Louis Dean cleaned under it with a bleach/detergent mixture while Buster wiped down the table and chairs.
I made a sandwich plate with chips and pickles and we all sat out there to eat a late lunch.


Louis Dean asked me to get him a glass of tea so I picked up his big yellow Dickeys cup.....
gave it a rinse and filled it up.
We were sitting there eating and drinking our tea when Louis Dean said, "Linda, you gave me some of your 'funny tea'!
No, I didn't because I had only made regular black tea!
He drank down an inch or so before he asked me to taste it.
I did and it DID taste a little funny and was kind of floral scented.
Turns out - I had used the cup he mixed the bleach and soap in!!!

OOPS!!


 I put together an appetizer table later in the afternoon so we could nibble on that after Sister Rita and Thomas  arrived.


They had taken the opportunity to stop in at the Magnolia Silos in Waco on their way!
I'm so glad they did! Spring Break is over and they didn't have to deal with huge long lines.
I have yet to eat at Magnolia Table - even though I pass right by it on the round about so many times. One day I shall stop!


Brenda stopped by on her way home from work to say hello and meet my newly found siblings!


We love Brenda and Billy like family!
As it happens, Brenda was there when Rita and Thomas pulled in.
Perfect timing! 



We have full hook ups on the driveway and this was just perfect for their visit!
No RV park for them!


I was so happy to welcome my sister!!!
Thomas brought a bottle of wine - he meant to pick up a bottle in Italy - but he missed the exit!!! That's a joke because there's a small town named Italy on the way here from Waco.


She brought us cupcakes!!!


Amber had wanted some so badly when we were there and the lines were incredibly LONG so she decided to pass. Well, now here they were from Rita!!


We opened the wine and sat out on the driveway visiting for the next few hours!!
Rita gave me a Bucket List gift because she knew I am thinking about the things I still want to do! I gifted her with a basket of Texas Things! 



One of which was a bottle of a limited edition of margarita scented hand soap made in Texas!
The funny thing about that is that Thomas thought it was a margarita flavored something that you could add to a drink......so he gave the dispenser a little lick......so......


in the space of three hours I had nearly poisoned two wonderful men!!

The party rolled on and 
our sweet neighbor Ilene came down and we had fun laughing about it all as we retold our tales to her.

It was getting late by the time we were ready to go in to dinner.


I had dinner all ready ahead of time by using crockpots.
Easy Creamy Chicken with Pasta and a Caesar salad, candied carrots and garlic bread knots!
Brenda had brought us a strawberry cream filled cake so we had dessert, too!!

I was so happy to have my sister and brother right here -
sitting around my dining room table for the very first time all together!


I am so grateful for the special gifts God has given me.....
their names are Rita, Buster and Thomas.


12 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I just lost my little brother in January after he suffered a cardiac arrest. Oh how I wish he could have awaken in my guest room this morning. It is wonderful to hear how much you appreciate your brother and your family. As Joanna says " it is a gift" indeed ♥

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful time with so many loved ones. And this is one of the strangest predicaments you have ever gotten yourself in...you bleached your husband!

Hootin Anni said...

Those men better keep an eye on what you have set out,and what you are serving them!!! Lol

Fun times in Irving Texas!!! How thrilling.

Vee said...

Except for the near poisonings, this was a perfect meeting of family. It is so satisfying to see your story begin like this. ♥️

MimiG said...

Linda, what fun you must be having with your "new" siblings. Family is a real gift.
Did LD need a clean out? LOL
Enjoy the rest of the visit, love seeing the photos of y'all...
Prayers for safe homeward journeys for Buster, Rita and Thomas.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a heartwarming reunion, except for when you shared that you nearly poisoned a couple of folks, Linda 😉which we know you would never do! Hope you continue to share many happy moments with your new-found family.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad everyone had a safe trip and you are enjoying each other. That is a great looking RV and how nice that you have hook ups...perfect.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

1What a wonderful time you all are having. Family is every thing! Hope your visit continues to be so much fun!

MadSnapper said...

these stories will be told and retold and add much laughter in the future just as they did while happening. I am glad he did not continue drinking. I like that RV it looks like the perfect size.. enjoy the rest of your family affairs, I am waiting to hear how things go when you add the quads and their family

photowannabe said...

What an amazing time with family..Golden Treasures for ever and forever....
A bit scary on the "DRINKS" though...a funny story for the future.
I think you will need a vacation from your special time. That was a whole lot of doings packed into a short amount of time.
Sue

Wanda said...

My heart is just busting with joy for you and this wonderful visit with your siblings. Funny Tea ~~Yikes..haha
All your food looked so good, and what would we do without crockpots!

Carole said...

Lovely food. Good times. Way to go. Cheers