Tuesday, April 12, 2022

My Tuesday's Treasures!

 We sure do love our kitties!!


Last night Tabitha was playing with something she found on the floor - a rolly polly 'ball bug!'
She looked so pretty!


Then pretty Tabitha started posing by a painting I did long years ago.
Louis Dean found it in a storage building outside and I am going to do some work on it and give it a new life. I painted it for my mother back in 1991!

I woke up with cookies on my mind and went straight to the kitchen and turned the oven on!


The Fun-Fetti cookies turned out great!


As did the Lemon Fudge!
I packed two pieces in a small box and gave all six to Dr. Bloom today along with the cookies.

I love the word 'ROUTINE.'
My morning routine and my evening routine.
Making coffee and the bed.....
And I love routine doctor visits, too.
Since my bladder surgery in September, I have had NO UTIs or any kind of issue!
I praise God and thank Dr. Bloom for this.
My quality of life has vastly improved since I started seeing him.
I can sit through a movie or church service and I actually go in and out of a store or two without making a trip to the restroom.
Plus I sleep for hours at a time at night without getting up.
I remember all too well the nights I would get up dozens of times.
I was talking to my sister, Nita, tonight and told her I do not know how I functioned all those years when I kept a raging bladder infection going for literally years at a time.
It's amazing how we can cope with anything by the grace of God.....and I am so grateful to NOT have to deal with UTIs anymore.



I kept some of the lemon fudge but I did drop off s few pieces to friends this afternoon.
A little goes a long way as it is SO sweet! And so GOOD!

As is our Tuesday routine - Brenda and I met up at Irving Thrift this afternoon.


My four best buys today and Brenda found them all for me!
We both love Chico's jeans and Coldwater Creek things.
These cost a fraction what you would pay for them in the stores brand new and all were in really good shape! That long lacy denim kind of skirt is so me! I am going to love wearing that!


I'm all about all things FAMILY!


It's never too early for me to think about FALL!!!


I am, indeed, blessed!!


Four nice placemats for the den table.

Brenda and I only made one thrift store and then we stopped at Whataburger for a glass of tea and a good visit. Friends make life so much richer!

My very best Treasure today was when I came back home from the doctor's office.
I walked right in and Louis Dean greeted me as I sat my purse down in the living room. 
He asked me if I noticed anything and I said no. Then he instructed me to go BACK outside and come in again and this time to LOOK!


How did I miss this???
Right inside the front door!
He said he wanted me to know how special I am.


I think HE is the special one.
He's always said that the key to a happy marriage is thinking of the other one first.
If we both do that - it's a Win! WIN! situation.
I don't think the 'new' will ever wear off of our marriage. I truly hope it doesn't.
Louis Dean says he has had two wonderful wives and I am honored by that.







15 comments:

Carole said...

what a treasure you have! Have a lovely Easter. Cheers

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are both SO blessed to have each other!! Your cookies look so good! I used to get U.T.I''s all the time for many years. What was it that the surgeon did that fixed it?

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet kitties!!
I bet you will look great in the denim!!

Donna said...

The card is SO special…you two are truly blessed!
And I’m in love with your red chair? Sofa? Anyway, gorgeous…and I’m so happy UTIs are a thing of the past for you!!
Hughugs
Donna

Brenda said...

Blessed couple…

Vee said...

😁 You two make me smile. Many blessings this week...

Unknown said...

You two are so cute and so inspiring! I'll bet you had a big smile on your face for the rest of the day. Blessings to you both Linda!💜

Susie said...

Girl, That LD is a keeper. I like seeing the cats and your treasures. Glad your dr appt went well. We do love our drs when they take great care of us and mean it. Oh, by the way did I tell you LD is a keeper. hahaha Love the last sign on this blog. Made me smile. Blessings to you and LD, hang onto each other. love, xoxo, Susie

Arlene G said...

What a sweet card....being married to a physicist that never happens here so I will try not to be jealous. lol

Changes in the wind said...

I am quite sure I have never woke up thinking about making cookies and am positive I have never done it LOL. So glad you no longer have the bladder issue, can't imagine how miserable that must have been. That LD is a keeper:)

MadSnapper said...

Louis Dean is indeed a keeper and also a one of a kind, they made him and threw away the mold, I had one father, 3 husbands and NONE of them ever bought a card in their lives or said a word of appreciation... wow, blown away by a just because I love you card and no occasion in sight...

photowannabe said...

What a keeper you've got Linda!!! LD is a treasure. I love his tender heart and how he treats you.
I read the card to Dave and he said oh, oh now the pressure is on...
But he does a lot of the same things for me too. I often find a note tucked inside my laptop so I see it first thing. I have a keeper too.
Glad your UTI's are a thing of the past..Good to find a DR. that fixed it.
The quote is perfect! Haha
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Wanda said...

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry you suffered so many years with the bladder. I will never complain again. My issues are so mild, and getting better with the medication.
Louis Dean....they broke the mold for sure after him. What a treasure, and the same goes for YOU! You are perfect for each other.
I miss having Molly and cats. We had our share over the years.
Love your finds at the Thrift store. I just found 2 bathing suits at ours, so just waiting for the weather to get a little hotter, so I can get down to the pool.
btw I posted the Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake on my blog today!
Love and Hugs and prayers.

LC said...

Another bunch of treasures! Good news about the relief from UTIs. Just went through one, but it is the first in over a year since some surgical "improvements"!!

Judy said...

You are the best at finding treasures in thrift shops! Lemon fudge sounds like my type of treat. Happy and blessed Easter to you!