Sunday, April 17, 2022

Our Friday and Saturday Before Easter.....

 Friday afternoon we took the heavy 16 pound brisket out of the fridge and seasoned it with Brisket Rub and whatever Louis Dean could get his hands on.


I carried the jalapeños out to prepare the pepper poppers.


My Kansas City Sibs had given us a selection of BBQ sauces and Louis Dean really likes this one of Arthur Bryant! This huge chunk of meat went back in the fridge to marinate all night.


I made a big potato salad! This one has eggs and onions!


The smaller version without eggs and onions.
Amber can't eat egg yolks and Pam doesn't like onions!
I aim to please!

Louis Dean and I worked into the evening - he on his music and I on the food prepping.


He surprised me with a nice little campfire at the end of the night.


The air had cooled off and it was nice to sit out in our clean gazebo.
Normally we are night owls and stay up well after midnight.
Not Friday night!
We were in bed by 11:00!

I was the first one up this morning and was surprised when Louis Dean got up shortly after I did. He staggered to the pantry and drug out the big electric roaster from under the bottom shelf. Then he took ot out on the kitchen deck and gave it a good scrubbing and got it all set up to cook the brisket.


Guess what??
It didn't fit!
He had to cut it up to get it all in there - but he did it!
While it cooked all day, I worked in the house and selected my clothes and accessories for Sunday. I decided on a long Victorian style lacy dress with pink pearls. The earrings had to have a bit of repair done on one as the clip had come off. I started to ask Louis Dean to glue - but then I remembered all the times he's used Gorilla Glue - so I got out the hot glue gun and did it myself.

Speaking of Gorilla Glue - his latest adventure involved rehanging a huge clock in the bathroom after I had taken it down to put in a new battery. The nail kept going flush to the sheetrock when he would try to hang it. SO - he put Gorilla Glue on the nail and let it dry overnight. The next morning I noticed a long yellowish drip on the green wall.
When will I ever learn???
The clock covers it up, thank goodness!

Sherry told me she read the directions and that the glue is activated by water.
I told Louis Dean to read the instructions.....but he forgets and just keeps using it like normal glue - which it is NOT!!

His big project today was moving a super heavy fountain and setting it back up.
Amber and Mike didn't want the fountain that was in the front yard of their house when they bought it in 2013 so we took it.
It has been in our back yard ever since but Louis Dean decided to move it to the opposite side of where it's been - which involved moving it around a storage building and up two little steps - which he did all by himself! He has what he calls a two wheel truck/dolly.


He knows physics! How to move things.


It is REALLY heavy!!!





But he did it!!!



Now I need to clean it up with some bleach but it runs!!!
I love the sounds of a water fountain!
We have three......

I made a sausage/cheese quiche yesterday and we finished it off for breakfast this morning.


For dinner tonight I made a hearty salad!


We watched FOOTBALL while we ate!
Seriously, football in April!
My son, Jesse, was over and turned it on.



It's the USFL and it's real football!
Today was the opening game and we were excited to get to see it!
I don't know why I like football but I do!

I finished up the last of my food prepping.....
brownies and a Sock-it-to-me Cake.


And for the first time ever I made deviled eggs!!

Now I need to get my shower, wash my hair and paint my nails!
I love Saturday nights knowing we are going to church on Sunday!





11 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Happy Easter!

Jan said...

Have a Blessed Easter!

Arlene G said...

Happy Easter to the Chapman Family. I pray you have a blessed time together. It is just us and Amelia and Todd today. Amelia is brining the deviled eggs as Marvin loves them but I cannot bear the smell when making them.lol Thankful for a daughter who wants to love on her daddy!!

MadSnapper said...

I love deviled eggs, so does bob and all our dogs have loved them. mother always took potatoe salad out for me before she added onions. she did that with anything she put onions in, they are one thing I just can't eat. I can taste it on tomatoes if they are cut with the same knife. bob found out real fast not to cut tomatoes with the same knife as onions. he and LD have John Wayne TRUE GRIT.. they just don't give up not matter how heavy the work... Happy Easter, take a pic of you in your easter dress

Changes in the wind said...

What a feast you all will have and I would love to try one of the peppers, I have never eaten them. Happy Easter to you all.

Beth J. said...

Happy Easter, Linda! It looks like you will have a blessed and enjoyable day filled with family (and great food)! Many blessings to you all on this Resurrection Sunday.

We are in Texas! We have a daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandsons here in Houston and are enjoying spending time together. (Plus, it's WARM here and it is SNOWING in Iowa!!!

Hugs, Beth from Iowa

photowannabe said...

Happy Easter you beautiful , wonderful, blessed woman of God.
Your day is going to be spectacular.
Church, friends and family and gobs of yummy food to eat.
Enjoy and I look forward to reading all about the brisket and all the action of your day.
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Ginny Hartzler said...

Louis Dean is looking so good! What huge jobs he tackles, he is not afraid to do anything! I know you will have a wonderful day, because wherever you are, there is FUN! Happy Easter, Linda!

Carole said...

Did you laugh at the ding-a-ling song?? Cheers

photowannabe said...

Your Hubby is truly amazing. I think he thrives on hard work.
What a wonderful day you had with all that good, tasty food and family time.
Can you believe it?
NOT one photo from Easter Day..totally rediculous for a family of photographers...
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Not surprisingly, the dinner prep by Louis Dean and yourself looked delicious, Linda. Sure glad that he was able to get that fountain moved and set up without any injury or damage as it did look quite heavy just from the photos you posted.