Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Tuesday and Wednesday - Short and Sweet!

 I pretty much took Tuesday off! I slept late and enjoyed walking around the gardens and drinking coffee with Louis Dean. I did a little of this and a little of that and then it was time to get ready for our bee meeting in Hillsboro!


It was kind of a Girls Night Out - Just Sherry and I!
I have to admit - it's nice to get some one on one time with my sweet Sherry!
Robin was the speaker at the meeting and spoke on splitting the beehives, queening and so much more! The more I learn - the more I realize how much I simply do not know!!

The meeting was over at 8:00 and Sherry and I headed to El Conquistador for their potato nachos and guacamole! AND a margarita for me!
We talked and laughed and had the best time together!
I am so blessed by both Sherry and Dean.
It is their generous hospitality that allows us to have our country home - on prime real estate!!!

I slept better last night than I have in a long time!
Only woke up once in the night!
I think I set a personal record!

Louis Dean was up much earlier than I and had my coffee made and even brought me my first cup in bed. 


I left this afternoon to go home and regroup before going to Amber's to spend the night.
Louis Dean is 'Home Alone' and I told him to enjoy himself!

I got home around 5:00 and watered, did laundry and repacked for a few days at Amber's.
She will be having a knee surgery in the morning so I will be on hand to do the school runs with the quads for a couple or three days.

Summer came over this evening and she fixed my car windshield washer!
She is so handy!!!
We had dinner together and watched a TV program then she went on to Granbury and I am about to shut down my computer and go to the Bells.

It's wonderful that our country life is not too far away from our city life!!




11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What kind of knee surgery is Aber having? I hope she doesn't need a total replacement! I just made some potato nachos! I used buffalo sauce.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me...friends, coffee, margaritas!

Hootin Anni said...

You and me both...anytime is margarita time!!! 😊

Hope the surgery is successful AND minor.

Lisa said...

Nachos and Margaritas. It don't get better than that.
Prayers for a speedy knee recovery .
Lisa

Arlene G said...

Have fun with the Bells....we were at Grimmwood this week but headed home this morning. I am excited as I plan to ask Marvin to stop at the Cross Stitch shop in Huntsville on the way home.:) He is always a good sport about it. Girl time is always a recharging time for me. Glad you and Sherry had a good evening.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was a short trip to the country but it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Good thing you are not too far away and are close enough to help out your daughter. Knee surgery may keep her down for awhile.

MadSnapper said...

prayers for the knee surgery to go well and heal quickly. have fun while there. you are blessed to have Sherry and Dean for sure!!!

Changes in the wind said...

Wow, what a turn around. 80 miles an hour in one direction, bee meeting and etc. and then 80 miles an hour in the other direction, back home and on to the Bells. Hope the surgery goes well.

photowannabe said...

I'm so glad you can have some girl time and are able to help out with the quads for a few days.
Prayers for successful surgery and recovery for Amber and the knee surgery.
Prayers for LD being "Home Alone" too.
Sue

Deanna Rabe said...

I hope Amber is recovering well from her surgery!

Enjoy your time with those sweet Bells!

Carole said...

Glad to see on FB that Amber's surgery went well. Have a good time at the Bells Cheers