Sunday, April 10, 2022

A Slow Easy Weekend and Cheering My Favorite War Hawk in Hockey on Sunday!



 I pretty much took this weekend off and rested.
Friday I did go get my hair cut - really super SUPER short!
This will make it easier to wear my little hair pieces called 'toppers'. Plus hair grows back and summer is coming and short is good! I remember when I was younger and went to have my hair cut in the heat of the summer. I told my hairdresser, "I need something that looks good WET!"
After my hair cut, I picked up Subway sandwiches and went over to Pam's to play some cards. Then I came home and took a nap.

Saturday was another day to rest and count my blessings.
I love to putter around the house doing little chores here and there - I cleaned out my pantry - WAIT! I should not have deleted the pic I took and sent to Summer!
I am always fascinated to see what other people's pantries look like.


I retrieved the photo from the text to Summer, saved it to my phone and sent it to my friend, Jutta on Messenger and saved it to my laptop from there.
But I didn't want the first photo on tonight's journal entry to be my pantry - so I put the one of Mike at his hockey game tonight on.

I digress....it was wonderful to take things slow and easy and go back to bed whenever I felt like it to read or play Words With Friends.

By this Palm Sunday Morning - I was back to normal!
Amber and Mike saved us seats at church and then we lingered long afterwards.
They were serving breakfast tacos after the service so we all had one or more of those and visited while we ate. I had taken two of the kids' new hockey sweatshirts home with me to mend on Tuesday so Granddad went back to the car and brought them in.
Even expensive clothing has weak places and the pockets on two of the sweatshirts had come unsewn. My Bernina has a lock back stitch I used to prevent that from happening again.


For some reason this song got on Louis Dean's mind and I pulled it up on my phone for him to listen to on the way home from church.


And that took care of the rest of the afternoon.
He worked on it and had the best time!
I love how he can lose himself in his music.

Me? I lost myself in Midsomer Murders and ironing.

We gathered up our coats and covers and drove over to Dallas to watch Mike play hockey tonight. His game started at 6:00 and since it doesn't get dark nearly as early - we could still drive home.


They played a good game and it was fun to watch!


It does us good to get out and do a few things.


Plus Amber and the kids came in and added their cheering to the game.
It was a fun evening!

Now it's time to start a brand new week!
I shall sleep well tonight - fresh sheets on the bed!!





11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm glad you have been resting some, after such a busy week. Now of course, I want to see your hair!

Bluebird49 said...

You all look great. Yes, it does us good. We are still with our little family in Alabama until May at least, but really need to get back to Virginia and whatever " normal life" is. Glad you and L did keep up with so much! ❤ love, Trudy

Hootin Anni said...

To me, your relaxing time was still busy (but yet restful...does that make sense?).
My favorite photo today is of you & L D

MadSnapper said...

if i was rich enough to have a maid/housekeeper, i would sleep on clean sheets every night. I do love the first night on sheets. I wash mine every Saturday but that first night is super.
Mike is so handsome. you had a fun filled day, but you do that every day... i don't have a pantry, but would if i could... my friend had her hubby build her a huge pantry in part of the garage, the door to it was in the kitchen. she used one side for food and the other 3 sides for instant pots, crock pots all the small aplliances... it was something I would like. but more than that I would like a house without a kitchen and a phone for room service

Deanna Rabe said...

My house doesn't have a pantry so I keep a free standing cupboard next to the stove and some shelves in the basement. My dream kitchen will have a pantry!

I love that you had a relaxing weekend. We need it sometimes. Love that you were able to be at church with Amber, Mike, and the kids. We take two of our grands with us to church and have Sunday 'dinner' at lunchtime, with my parents, and my grands. It's a special thing.

You and Louis Dean are looking happier and younger every year!

Have a great Easter Week!

Donna said...

It always feels good to get out and about...
Cute photos...Glad you both enjoyed the day!
hugs
Donna

Changes in the wind said...

Fun time to watch the hockey game and see the gang.

Vee said...

Yes to clean sheets! Very pleasant.

What a pleasant weekend with no hurry and bustle.
I have been fighting sleep since I woke up. Perhaps
I'll take a cue from this post and return to bed for a
little nap.

photowannabe said...

I definitely agree with you on the fresh sheets..Ahhhhhh
So glad you took some "ME" time this weekend. We all need that to recharge.
I just love that photo of you and LD at the game..too cute. I think you need to enlarge it and it's a wall hanger for sure.
Last week we hit 90F for two days...
Today its 46F right now and trying so hard to rain..we need more than a spritz to off set the drought.
(((hugs)))
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like my short hair too. Makes it quick and easy to wash and dry. I love clean sheets too and a nice cool night! Enjoy your week! I hope L.D. has sung some train songs this week too!

Debbie said...

fresh sheets on the bed are always the best. if you dry them outdoors, it is even better!!

you have a nice big pantry and it is looking mighty organized. mine is teeny, tiny!!

i love ice hockey, i had a boyfriend in high school who played!!

now let's see if this will publish!!