Thursday, April 7, 2022

Monday Movie with Amber...Tuesday's Treasures with Brenda.....Wednesday's Rest.....and Thursday Tea with Debbie

 Monday morning I was still basking in the glow of such a wonderful few days with family!
After such a 'high'  it is to be expected to feel a little tired and I did.
I slept in for an hour or two after Louis Dean got up.


He brought me coffee in bed and this was extra special because he had to make the coffee.
Normally, before I retire for the night, I have both coffee pots primed and ready to turn on the next morning. He has a small pot using Folgers coffee while I have the larger one with flavored gourmet coffee. But not on this Monday. I went to bed tired and thought I'd just make it in the morning. I stayed in bed awhile.....long enough for him to bring me a refill!

I eventually got up close to noon and dressed and drove over to Amber's for a little Mother/Daughter time.


She had an excellent salad lunch ready and waiting!
We visited and talked about what a wonderful weekend we had with my Kansas City siblings.
Amber loved adding yet one more aunt to her family.
She grew up knowing her Aunt Deanie, Aunt Nita and Uncle Lonnie.
Then she met Aunt Luann and Aunt Shari before meeting her third new aunt and one more uncle.....for a total of 5 aunts and 2 uncles!


Our movie of choice!
Lunch and a movie is what we do....
and it was exactly what I needed!

Tuesday Treasures happened right on schedule!
Brenda gets off early on Tuesdays and it's our custom to meet up and do a little Goodwill hunting!


Meet my new friends!
They will go in the storage building until I bring them out on August first.
That's the day I am going to start my fall decorating this year - because I am older and slower and it takes me longer.


I was so happy to meet this guy!
I have one similar - but I can't find him.
He's not one particular season so sometimes he gets lost.
The reason he is so important is he hides the TV cords in the den!


What a great sign!!!
It was $12 but had a yellow tag so it was 50% off!
Deal!


Who gives away a brand new candle??
BJ wants to know!!
I should save this one for fall.....but I probably won't.


I was in need of new crockpots.
I'd recently tossed two of mine out and now here is a perfect replacement!
Looks brand new!!


And another one that still had the tags on it!
I have an assortment of crockpots in different sizes - thanks to buying them at thrift stores!


Love this Tommy Bahama tablecloth!
It will go in the sewing room on the Duncan Phyfe table I use in there.


You can't go wrong with Coldwater Creek!
I am wearing these as I write and they are a perfect fit!


As is this comfortable T I'm wearing with it.


I love this plate and this saying and all my friends who like me anyway!!


My life verse from the Bible is Romans 8:28 .....
and this is my motto!


Two Pioneer Woman bowls to add to my collection!
I love this size and have a dozen or so.


Such beautiful glasses for less than $1 each!


Debris!!!!
You know I love all my DEBRIS!!
And the guy holding it!!


The thing about buying things off season is that I forget about them until I bring out the decorations from storage.
This debris will join the other fall friends in a big tub for the next few months.


Cats and books!
I know of only one friend who loves both fiercely!
This will be going to her.


Now I have a ton of cookbooks and really didn't need another one......but for $0.67 I couldn't NOT get it! I am trying to decide on an Easter menu for the family gathering. NOT ham. I need something I can make ahead and will serve a crowd. I've toyed with the idea of meat loaf but not quote sure. I'd love to make potato salad and baked beans. Maybe pulled pork??
If you have any suggestions, I'd certainly welcome them!
I'd also like to do a different slant on the appetizer table.....hmmmm.


I love Vera Bradley things!
This was a buy at $3.98 less the discount for seniors.


All my stuff fit in there perfectly!


One final treasure is this pair of quality pants!
Brenda found it and I love it!!

I am still in Rest and Recover mode and Wednesday was a stay at home and stay in bed kind of day.


Once again, Louis Dean brought me coffee in bed and I lingered long there with my Bible and devotional books and diary and prayer journal.


It was 3:00 in the afternoon before I got up and then I went back to bed at 6:30 for a nap.
I think my age may be catching up with me.

I woke up at my more normal time of 10:00 this morning (Thursday) and actually got right up!
I did some light housekeeping and made a pitcher of fresh tea for my afternoon visit with a dear friend.


It's been too long since Debbie and I have spent some time together......
and we had a lovely visit today!

Before I close tonight's journal entry.....I can't put if off any longer......


 I must tell you that our precious Lillian went home to be with the Lord in the early hours of Friday April 1st. I'm still a little too emotional right now to do a proper post about her but I will soon. I knew I needed to tell you since so many have befriended her and sent her cards and letters and more. Thank you. 
Her granddaughter called me Friday while I was in Fort Worth to tell me.
This is hard but I know she is happy and in heaven.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kindnesses toward her.
You did, indeed, blessed her and you blessed me.





28 comments:

Jackie See said...

I am so sorry to hear of Lillian's passing. I know your entire family had a very special relationship with that very special lady. Rest, relax and enjoy these beautiful spring days! ~jackie

Jan said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lillian. You were a great blessing to her.

Brenda said...

Prayers
Lovely lady

Arlene G said...

I am glad you got rested up after a wonderful visit with family. So sorry to hear that about Lillian but she lived a full life and God called her home. Hugs to you and LD as I am sure it will leave a void in your lives.

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH, what sad and shocking news! She seemed to be doing pretty good, too! Well, she was so blessed to have YOU, I think you and Louis dean made her life so much happier and more bearable. I love your thrift store things, especially the gorgeous goblets. They kind of match the bowls. It takes me longer and longer to do the seasonal decorating, too! I have to start earlier and earlier.

Kathy said...

So sorry to hear of Lillian's passing. But we mourn with the hope that we will see her again. Glad you had a chance to rest and recover. Oh yes, things take more time as I get older also.

Hootin Anni said...

Your dear Lillian is now at peace, and smiling down upon you daily my dear. Tho a great loss, you have many happy memories!!

Love all your treasures found on your thrifting trip. And your sweet L D is a keeper!!

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...I hate power wall sockets & cords too. I hide mine with ornate baskets!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I was surprised to hear about Lillian, but you have my sincerest sympathies for your loss. You were such a good friend to her. May she rest in peace.

Vee said...

Oh dear Lillian...safely home. I often consider these homegoings as a rescue from life's trials and tribulations. God bless you and Louis Dean for being such good friends to her and for sharing her with us. She was a beautiful soul. She is with The Lord in perfect health and peace.

Not at all surprised that you needed some rest time this week. Glad that you took the time you needed. A blessed weekend to you.

MimiG said...

I'm sad and happy to hear of Lillian's going home. Sad for you and us and happy for her - she's now at peace and in a joyful place.
Take another day or two of rest and reading the Word - it will help you so much.
Prayers for you and Lillian's family..

Estelle's said...

I am so sad to hear about Lillian....bless her...she seemed so kind and I know how much your friendship meant to her....

Beth from Iowa said...

I'm sorry for the loss of dear Lillian. She had the most beautiful smile. She was a blessing to you, and you a blessing to her as well.

Luann said...

Linda, Do know that as much as Lillian blessed your life, YOU blessed hers even more. She filled a hole in your heart as you did hers You were each there for one another at a time you needed each other the most. God is SO good.

I love you more than you will ever know,
Luann

MadSnapper said...

so sorry for your loss of your dear Lillian.. love the 'debri' holder, ha ha... I want to see Blackl ight, waiting for it to get on Prime. its there now but 20 to rent it. it will drop in price after it leaves the theaters. I love Liam and would watch him sit in a chair and talk to a wall. ha ha... the goblets are pretty and I am a person who donates candles. I can't burn candles because of scent allergies. the only candle I can burn and only for 30 minutes or so is glad apple cinnamon. people give them for gifts. at work i was always getting expensive candles and giving them away. one year someone suggested we all right down 6 things we would like to have. I put the glade candle and a few other things, she gave me a scented candle that i brought home and donated...

Carol said...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of sweet Lillian. I know you loved her dearly. I think that the movie you chose is perfect and so many of the items you found are so cute. I love Goodwill!!

photowannabe said...

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to find out about Lillian's passing.
I'm praying for you and LD and of course her family.
You were so important to her and instilled Hope in her every time you visited and called. I truly believe you and LD made a huge difference in her last years here on this planet.
(((Hugs)))
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, I am crying as I write this. Lillian was a second mom to you. I know you all bonded and loved each other. Sending hugs to you. Blessings also, love you, xoxo, Susie

VintageCrafter said...

Oh Linda, I am so very sorry for your loss. Lillian was certainly blessed to have had you for a treasured friend. You were a special angel to her and you made such a wonderful difference to her in her last years. Sending hugs to you...

Carole said...

so sad about Lillian - but she knew you loved her. Take care of yourselves.

LC said...

You are a super bargain sniffer-outer. Such lovely finds! I find it difficult to shop now, but maybe I could be a little more adventurous, if I follow your example and recuperate in bed a bit!

Enjoy your purchases and may your energy power you through all your shopping and activities that brighten so many lives, including my life on line!

Gypsy Heart said...

I am so very sorry about Lillian. She’s with our Lord and out of this madness in our world. You two did so much for her and such a blessing to her!

You found some beautiful treasures! I know you need the rest so please don’t hesitate to take advantage of the time to replenish your body.

As far as Easter, make it easy on yourself! Make the pulled pork, baked beans and potato salad. Have others bring a dish…no harm in that! I’m making it easy, that’s for sure! As far as appetizers, TJ’s and Aldi have some amazing things and their cheeses are yummy. Get some delicious crackers, fruit, goat cheese and call it good! I love having a shrimp cocktail and spicy seafood sauce. Also, in a dish cover the bottom with softened cream cheese, layer crab meat all over the top and then cover it all with a spicy seafood sauce…serve with crackers and a glass of wine! 😂 Everything can be made in advance so the day of you still have time to rest. I have a jillion recipes running through my mind right now! 😂 I haven’t yet decided on coconut cake or pie or both. Not sure about other desserts either.
xo
Pat

Anonymous said...

Dee from Tennessee

Sweet, sweet Lillian …. I am so sorry . What a blessing you and Louis Dean were to her . Stars in your crown for being the “hands and feet of Jesus “ to Lillian in her final chapter of this earthly life , a vapor as scripture tells us .

Donna said...

We will all miss Lillian! The posts when you and Louis Dean visited with her (and especially if Louise Dean sang for her) were just the best. She knew she was loved. I had just sent her an Easter card.

Changes in the wind said...

A favorite day, spending time with Amber and watching a movie and then shopping and finding good deals. I am sorry to hear of Lillian's passing but what a blessing to have known her through you and LD.

Betty said...

I am so sorry to hear of lillian's passing just today I was thinking I needed to get her Easter card mailed. You were a wonderful, devoted friend to her insuring that joy was brought into her life. I also thank you for your sweet note you are a bright spot in this dark world. Blessings to you and Louis dean.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My condolences Linda, on the death of your good friend, Lillian, I know how special she was to you and Louis Dean.

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry about Lillian. It sounds like she had a good life and was a good person. I am sure Heaven welcomed her royally. I know you are going to have a hole in your life that will need to be filled with good memories.

Sounds like you had a super busy week and I can't believe all the things you found! Amazing. xo Diana