Monday, April 11, 2022

Can't Take My Eyes Off of YOU, Louis Dean!

 Louis Dean had a 6-month check up with Dr. Maddox, his primary care doctor.
Last night we talked it over and decided it would be best if I went with him to all his medical appointments from now on since 4 ears are better than 2!
And since I am already in charge of all the medicine, it just makes sense!


He was all for it and had a really good report.
209 pounds and 6 feet tall - blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen level all great!
When the doctor asked him if he exercises, Louis Dean said, "Boy! Do I EVER!!!"
I told Dr. Maddox about us being in Home Depot recently and he was throwing those big bags of mulch down like they were NOT heavy!
He still works hard and is eating less.
This can be a good thing.


To celebrate, we drove over to Dallas and had a late lunch at King Buffet.
Louis Dean loves that place and every time he sees a commercial for them on TV, he wants to go! It is really good food and such a variety - mostly Chinese - with 'lots of flavor' just as he likes it!

We did an errand or two on our way home and then I took a nap while he went to Home Depot to get more bags of enriched garden soil for my pepper garden and his vegetable garden here in Irving.

Today was HIS doctor day and tomorrow is MINE.
I have a routine appointment with my favorite - Dr. Bloom - and I always take some sweet treats with me for him and the office. And, no, I didn't bake anything for Dr. Maddox but I will in the future.


Look at this lovely Lemon Fudge!!

I was visiting Nana Diana yesterday and she had made this magnificent LEMON Fudge!!
I love how gracious she is in sharing her recipes!
Her easy caramels are now one of our favorites!
It was super easy to make and I have it in the fridge now and will cut it in squares and package it up in the morning.


I also made the dough up for these Fun-Fetti cookies and will bake them tomorrow so they will still be warm when I go to my appointment.
The morsels were on sale after Christmas at Aldi and I made this recipe about 6 weeks ago and it was delicious! I bought other packages of flavored morsels and I am going to try using them in this recipe next time I bake cookies which will probably be Saturday since I am hosting Easter Sunday Dinner for the family.
Louis Dean has decided to make a brisket and that will fit my menu perfectly.
I bought a four foot utility adjustable utility table hoping it would fit over the living room coffee table and I could increase my seating capacity. Alas, it isn't long enough so I am going to use it in the den instead. I love for everyone to sit down for family dinners if possible.
I'm going to have to get creative in order to make that happen.
Of course, if it's pretty weather I could set a table up in the gazebo.
I did start cleaning that up the other day and will get back to finish it tomorrow.
It's like having an extra room!






14 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

Good for Louis Dean!

Lemon fudge? I adore lemon things, I may have to try that recipe. For our Easter dessert I am making lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting! Yum!

We will have 16 for our Sunday Easter Dinner, mostly family but a few friends too!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Lemon fudge is something new to me. I love learning something new every day. WOnderful photos and always good news with medical appointments.
We will have Easter brunch with our son and his phamily SONday and all of our kids except our youngest daughter & her husband who live across the country.

It was so nice to stop by for a visit Have a wonderfulnew week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad for Luis Dean's doctor report! I believe it is good for everybody to take someone with them to their doctor appointments. I can usually not remember everything, so four ears are much better. Louis Dean looks like he has lost weight. I copied that lemon fudge recipe and am making it for Easter Sunday, along with Peep Kabobs.

Hootin Anni said...

I will have to go get the recipe. Thanks for the heads-up.
I agree with Ginny, L D looks much thinner. Hope the weight loss is a good thing and not a medical issue.

Happy Easter sweet Linda!!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love how you and Louis Dean make the best of everything and always seem to be having a good time in life. What a great attitude you have! So glad the medical appointments went well. That is always such a relief. I hope you have a good week. Did I tell you that we have a city in Texas on our list of possible retirement places?!? We do and it seems to be moving up the list. Texas seems like a nice, friendly place to settle in retirement, and it is much more affordable than many places in the west. We will see what happens in four years when I retire! Hope you have a great week. :-)

MadSnapper said...

I love all lemon desserts as much or more than chocolate. alas I can't eat them but would if i could. good idea to go with him to appts and happy days are here for the great report.... Bob is 5'10'' and 180 so about the same size just shorter

Arlene G said...

Glad for a good report and all those treats look yummy. I have never heard of Lemon Fudge. Sounds interesting. I am busy getting ready for a small Easter celebration this year.

Susie said...

Linda, I love that you made fudge using Diana recipe. LD sounds like he is in great shape. It's the hard work that keeps him that way. He would be a tough aerobics instructor. I hope you also get a good dr. report. I saw my eye dr yesterday. Still doing well after my cataract surgery in 2020. Blessings to you and LD, xoxo,lo9ve you both, Susie
p.s. tell LD even tough guys need a coffee break once in awhile.

Changes in the wind said...

Nothing like a good report on a check up and a celebration was in order. Hope yours is good as well.

BeachGypsy said...

We went to the grocery last night to purchase the ingredients for the lemon fudge!!-- I hope to make it today!!

Suemn said...

Those Funfetti cookies are the so good. I think I've made at least 3 if not 4 batches. I think every now and then I see the chips available in Aldi but I still have a bag and plan to make those cookies again soon.

photowannabe said...

Lookin' great you two!!!!
Good news on the Dr. appointments.
Ummm that fudge looks delicious and a bit scary for my A1c numbers..I'm afraid I would eat the whole thing.
Easter Sunday dinner at your home will be a banquet for sure. I can't wait to see all the pictures of that day.
We are going to family friend's home for dinner after church. There will be more than 20 of us..So much fun. I hope the weather will cooperate..
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

That is a very smart idea to go with him to the doctor's office, Linda! They always seem to forget to ask the right questions haha

BeachGypsy said...

Glad Louis Dean's dr. appt. went well, .....and how did YOURS go? Hopefully great. Have you tasted the fudge yet? I hope to make a batch this evening. I am excited for Easter, it's my favorite holiday. I will cook all Saturday. We will be having ham, the good Sister Schubert rolls, deviled eggs and a HUGE HUGE pretty bowl of my "tater" salad! Coconut cake for dessert and the lemon fudge if there's any LEFT BY THIS WEEKEND, ha ha LOL.