Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Easter Sunday and Monday......

It's always a good thing to be in church on any given Sunday and it's even more special on Easter. I was blessed to have friends and family with me as we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.


Jesse, Trystan, Kailey, Harrison, Logan, Mike, Amber, me and Louis Dean.


Our good friends, Billy and Brenda.

After the service, there was am Easter Egg drop from a helicopter!


It was pretty cool!!!


They do things BIG in Texas!

Kailey and Harrison rode home with us while the rest went home to change clothes.


Kailey was my little helper!


She made these Peep Kabobs!
Thanks to Ginny at Let Your Light Shine for the idea!


She put the whole appetizer table together for me AND took pictures!


She was my own little personal photographer!


This was a good one of Samantha!


And Trystan!


Harrison helped me get my puzzle going again. 
The cats had knocked it off the baby grand piano and I had to put it back together again.


It was a relaxing day!
Pam came by earlier in the day and I didn't get a pic of her.
There's Ben over there. He had been to his dad's earlier and then came over here.
Summer drove in from Arkansas on Saturday but was in such pain she had to go to bed over at the Bell's house.


Good food.....


.....the BEST brisket Louis Dean has ever made!


Beautiful people!


Even a game of Badminton!


All too soon the day was ending.



The traditional Goodbyes!
The kids have been doing this ever since they could say BYYYYYYYYY!

I came inside with a happy, grateful heart and started 'putting the house to bed.'
That means turning off all my many lights, closing the doors and pulling the curtains.


I didn't even notice these LED votives were on until I walked by and 
I knew immediately that Trystan had turned them. That's because she was the one who placed them there in the wreathes back in December when she was helping me decorate for Christmas. I am going to buy extras so that there will always candles here and I will think of Trystan whenever I see them.
I love that the kids enjoy coming over. For Easter I had purchased a stack of floral plastic glasses for our tea while normally they like to use some of my small stemmed wineglasses. I love that they have grown up here and are comfortable and I hope they will always like coming to MeeMaw's house!
I have lived here since 1967 so all four of my children and all eight of my grandchildren have 'grown up' here in the very same house. Its looks have changed through the years but it's the same house. That makes me happy.

Monday morning Louis Dean and I did our morning routine and then he left in the early afternoon to the ranch while I followed a few hours later in the car.
Only the second time we have ever taken both vehicles.


I enjoyed the drive and seeing all the wild flowers along the sides of County Line Road.


The fields are planted in wheat this year!


I always get excited when I get to the gravel road and I know at the end of this I will turn right and go down past Mr. Jackson's place  and then turn in at the gate.


Louis Dean had already unloaded the truck and a 'new' fire pit.
It was good to have a visit from Rufus!
I didn't have any real treats for him so I opened up a package of bologna and gave him a few slices!


Sherry came down after she got off of work and gave me a t-shirt!
We had a nice visit and were all sitting on the deck when Dean got home from work so we visited a little more.


Louis Dean and I ended our night with the first campfire in our 'new to us' firepit.
(We found it on the curb one day last winter)




13 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Loved all the pictures, and hearing about your weekend. The quads are growing up so fast it makes my head spin! They are so cute and Trystan turning on the light bulbs was so sweet!
Amber still looks like a girl herself and I think you are so fortunate to have all those wonderful people in your family.
We will go home from the kids' the last of this month. I will hate to leave -- it has been so wonderful seeing them everyday. The first few weeks, I was sick with a bad UTI but the last month has really been great. Ed said he would fly out "anytime", rent a car and bring us back when we want to come. (Ed,Sr. won't try flying, so we're limited to cars.) It's been great, and the weather has been fine here in Alabama most of the time!😍
You look great, by the way; take care!

Vee said...

Wonderful! All the photos of your peeps...sorry that Summer was not up to it and pray that she is feeling better. Now, time at the ranch. You've earned the relaxation.

Hootin Anni said...

Life IS better by a campfire. I love the photo of your family at church!

Deanna Rabe said...

We had a great weekend too, but I haven't been taking very many photos! I need to get better about that!

Glad you're back in the country, and had your campfire! It's been too cold here but I am ready for our first one of the year, soon hopefully!

Estelle's said...

Your Easter looked lovely Linda...the children are growing up so fast, it's hard to imagine...they are just adorable! Enjoy your time at the ranch!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It was very nice to see the wonderful day you had. You are so much warmer there than we were. We were sunny but cold here and I didn't like being outside. Our family gathering will be this coming Saturday and Yay, it's to be sunny and close to 80 degrees.

Changes in the wind said...

A lovely Easter with all your loved ones and everyone looked so relaxed and enjoying it all. Sorry Summer was not feeling well and hope she is feeling better. Loved the fire pit and what a deal! Enjoy your time at the ranch.

MadSnapper said...

I enjoyed all the family, friends, kids, and tales of PHUN and all the memories you were making. then I got to the best photo of all and the one I love the most.
RUFUS... my kind of dog. I want to hug him... so happy you had so many of your family for Easter.

photowannabe said...

You knocked Easter out of the park, Linda.
What a wonderful time with family and friends...
I'm so glad you can be at the ranch now and enjoy that place too.
Love your Campfire...that's the best!
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter celebration with family and good food, Linda. Thanks for sharing the special memories with all of us. Our holiday was very quiet by comparison as we were home, but attended services early in the day then watched Easter Parade in the afternoon.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Louis Dean is looking especially dashing in the Easter Sunday pics. What a wonderful day you had! I am so sorry to hear about Summer. You made the Kababs!! I used pretty much the same fruit that you did!

Carole said...

Here's to Amber doing well - and you not getting too tired by the school run.. Cheers

Judy said...

I loved seeing the re-cap of your Easter celebrations. It sounds like you had a lovely and memorable time. Enjoy your ranch stay! And yes...'life is better by the campfire'. :)