Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Celebrating FAMILY!!

 Saturday was SUCH a great day!
I made a Dutch Baby for our rather late breakfast......


It's an eggy pancake baked in a cast iron skillet and it curls up like a bowl.
Although this one didn't curl quite according to plan - it was still good!


We filled it with fresh and canned fruit - Rita just so happened to have fresh sliced strawberries in her camper - which was great since I THOUGHT I had some - but didn't.
After we added the fruit and squeezed some fresh lemon juice over it, I added a dusting of confectioners sugar and a dollop of Cool Whip. 


Thomas loved it!! We all did!
This guy right here is just SO much fun!!
Every time I took a pic, he would explain about being in the Witness Protection Program!
He's funny, charming and so very smart!
I could listen to him talk forever!
What a gift he is to all of us.


If I had to choose just ONE photo as my favorite - this would be the one.
God blessed me with Rita and she is amazing. We are truly sisters of the heart as well as of blood.
I'm still wrapping my head and heart around all of God's good blessings.

Jesse and Sam and Levi were the first to arrive and the guys went down to the local school to play some basketball.


Jesse didn't play since he's still recovering from his motorcycle accident from last summer.


But he took some great pictures!


The Bells arrive!!!


And the picture taking stepped up a notch or two!!


Amber and Jesse!


Buster is a master storyteller and you can tell he can captivate his audience!


The kids loved being with their Uncle Ben!


Amber and her new Uncle Buster!


These two bonded so well!!!


And I know everyone loved Thomas!


Rita and I put together an appetizer table and then we made these pepper poppers which went fast!! I had made the filling ahead of time and Thomas and Rita did the rest.


We introduced my sibs to NUTS!!!


We all had so much fun - even though I did not win a single hand!
I think I have lost my touch!


Sister Luann and Harrison and Trystan.
Rita and Buster have now met all my other siblings except for Shari who lives in Alabama.


I didn't remember to take pics of food and such but Amber was in the kitchen setting up the toppings for the Taco Soup Rita and I had made. Thomas was our hero opening more cans than I can remember!!


We spent so much time outside on the driveway!
I left the house open for much of the day since we were all going in and out.
Thank goodness the weather wasn't really HOT although I did have to turn on the AC later in the afternoon.


I took lots of pics as did everyone else - including the kids!
They have the cutest little instamatic cameras so they now have their oen photos to remember the day by.


My sweet friend, Tamara, walked over to meet everyone.
She's wearing a mask because she had been sick with strep throat and then the flu the week before and did not want to take any chances on sharing!


I love LOVE loved watching my family visit together.




We all had so much fun together!


The kids enjoyed playing with Uncle Ben and I believe Uncle enjoyed playing with them every bit as much!


The day went by WAY too fast!


Louis Dean enjoyed the grand finale when I agreed to sing a few duets with him.
I am so NOT a singer but it did make him happy.



The Bells departed in their usual manner!
I remember once when they left I heard Trystan say, "This never gets old" as they drove away.


Ben was the last of the family to leave and I do believe he and Buster bonded.


We are already talking and planning on a trip up to Kansas City this fall.

After everyone had gone, Buster, Rita, Thomas, Louis Dean and I all sat out until after midnight talking on the driveway.
The entire visit was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it would be.
Not one moment of stress or tension from any quarter.
From start to finish - from when I picked Buster up at Love Field on Wednesday until they pulled out of the driveway on Sunday morning - I loved every single minute of their visit.


One final pic before they left.
I do love these precious family members.
It's been a year now since 23andMe matched our DNA up.
I realize all stories and matches do not end up as wonderfully as ours has - and I thank God every day for the blessings of family and knowing my paternal siblings.
Our hearts are knitted together in love and our journey together has just begun.


I admit to being a little sad to see them leave.
Arrivals are so much more fun than departures.


There they go.......
I admit to tearing up as they drove away.

I love you, Rita, Buster and Thomas!
And I will be coming up to see you in the fall...













15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful! It is a rare occurrence to have such things turn out so perfectly, even better than we dreamed!

Hootin Anni said...

How extraordinary Linda. You have begun a new chapter in your life and shared your heart with us all!!!!!

Brenda said...

Amazing
I love the song…one of my favorites when jimmy sings it or Johnny and June…love you two…what a saga…you are blessed…

Vee said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful time with family. What a blessing to your life... Answered prayers...🙏🏼

Estelle's said...

I second Vee's comment...thank you for sharing the visit from your newly found siblings....it must have felt like a wonderful blessing to each of you....so very happy for you Linda!

Changes in the wind said...

Welcome one, welcome all seems fitting. Thank you for sharing with us.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved seeing all the happy faces and good times you had with your family. I so agree, times like that would never get old. You've made some new happy memories to hold close to your heart !

Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful time with your family. How very blessed you all are.

MadSnapper said...

this could not have turned out any better if you had planned it yourself. everyone looks so happy and I already know how happy you are. Bob said this would make a great TV movie or a book. get writing. ha ha. maybe you can sell it and make all of you rich together.

Susie said...

How I wish I could have joined in on the great time. The little ones are not so little anymore. I loved seeing all the family pictures. You and LD singing made for a sweet evening touch. Blessings to one and all. Love you guys, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

What wonderful family bonding. Good company and good food--what more could you want? You are, indeed, blessed, Linda! I have never heard of the card game NUTS but it sounds like fun.

I hope you all get to take the Kansas City trip this fall. xo Diana

photowannabe said...

Well, I teared up too...Your heart was so full it spilled over out of your eyes!!!
What an amazing family reunion..
You are blessed beyond measure.
Thank you for sharing this special time with us.
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Linda, I am so happy for you getting to spend time with your family like this. I believe you look a lot like Thomas and I feel that you have found family that will always be a huge part of your life. I am so excited that they met the quads that we have grown to love. I enjoyed hearing you and LD sing. Doesn't matter if we are good or not, sing!!

Robin from P'ville said...

Loved your reunion.

Carole said...

Some Nuts practice is in order.... Cheers