Monday, April 4, 2022

Friday's Gathering in Fort Worth.....

 Friday was such a special day for me and my siblings!
We were going to Fort Worth to spend the afternoon and my Kansas City Sibs would meet my Fort Worth Sibs!


Summer had spent Thursday night at Amber's so this was her very first meeting with her Aunt Rita. Louis Dean rode over with Summer while Rita, Buster and Thomas rode with me.


This was the first time Nita and Mike had met them even though they were the ones who took me to Kansas City last May to meet them. The night we all went out to dinner, Nita and Mike had gone out of town to find Lloyd Ernest Ewing's gravestone....he was the father of Nita, Deanie and Lonnie. It's a shame Mother told them he had died back in the 70's. He actually lived until 2001.


Charlie and Thomas - two wonderful brothers- in law.


Summer and her Uncle Lonnie talking about something!


Lonnie's beautiful wife, Michele.....


Deanie is one of Louis Dean's all time favorite people!
They bonded back in 2012 when the quads were born and they drove back to Fort Worth from Houston together - talking and laughing all the way!


Everyone loves Rita! And Summer! And Deanie!!!


It was a wonderful afternoon......


Good food!!!


Good conversations......


Lots and lots of laughing!!


We had the best time!


We went out to the fence so I could introduce my new siblings to Sheryl next door.
Remember she is THE master gardener of all the gardeners we will ever know!


Me with five of my living siblings!


I couldn't help myself!
I took lots of photos....


My two brothers!
Who KNEW I had two awesome ones???


My son, Jesse, and Uncle Charlie.


Jesse hugging his Aunt Nita.
Have I mentioned there was a lot of hugging going on??


We were all so happy to be together.


I love these guys!!


Daughter and Mother.
Two beautiful ladies.


Look how TALL I am!!!
I was standing on a rung of the chair.


Leah and Uncle Lonnie.


Deanie sparkled like a diamond all afternoon!!!!

We spent the entire afternoon over at Nita and Mike's and had such a great time.
Everyone loved each other and it was like old home week.
Not one moment of stress or tension!! It was like they all knew each other already.


I should have started this Friday journal entry with this pic.
We stopped by Pam's on our way to Fort Worth to drop off a goodie bag of food.
Pam had a hip replacement on Monday and here she is walking out to the car to see us off.

Oh, my goodness!
Friday was such an awesome day.
Thomas is a man among men and when the sun was giving me a headache, he graciously drove us home and then took Rita and me to the grocery store.

Every day has been like a precious jewel and I have one more to tell about tomorrow!


“Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalm37:4

We all had such happy hearts and I believe it showed.


15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite is the pic of you and all your siblings. You are so very blessed, with another whole branch of your family; now all together!!

Brenda said...

You are amazing

Hootin Anni said...

So, so fabulous!! I am enjoying every minute shared!!!!

Kathy said...

I am so happy for you and your whole family. It is a joy and a blessing to see you all together.

Vee said...

🤗♥️🤗

God is good.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad were able to dodge the storms qnd nave a good visit together !

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Finding your siblings has been a great adventure that you've shared with all of us, Linda. Glad to see all the photos and the good times you all have been sharing.

Deanna Rabe said...

What precious time! I love all the happy chatter, and laughter. Linda, God is good!

Susie said...

Linda, I loved seeing this post. I miss seeing your family. These gatherings are precious as time goes by. So wonderful that all could gather and enjoy one another's company. Blessings to all of you. xoxo, love, Susie

Changes in the wind said...

How wonderful it has been to find these siblings and to be able to gather together. Love the picture of all of you together.

MadSnapper said...

you did a super job of capturing your family and all the memeber that were there. each photos shouts joy and will be fantastic for stirring memories in the months to come.. you are blessed with a ton of wonderful family

Jan said...

I'm so happy for you! The pictures are wonderful!

photowannabe said...

I am thinking about the old Sunday School song..
I have the Joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart..where? down in my heart etc. That's what this entire blog post is about.
JOY...complete JOY !!!
Sue

Arlene G said...

So wonderful to see all your family together Linda. I know you were thrilled.

Carole said...

Wonderful! Would love to see your family tree to understand how it works! Cheers