Monday, April 25, 2022

Monday's Target Run With Amber!

 We ALL went to bed early last night and my alarm went off at 5:50 this morning and I only pushed the snooze button once!


By 6:20 I could hear the kids getting up and dressed and they were downstairs by 6:30.
I cooked up a hot breakfast of hash browns, bacon and eggs....




and I added some toast for me. Amber buys this amazing Artesano bread that makes the best toast and garlic bread!

We lingered a minute or two - or three to be precise - TOO long over breakfast!
This made our arrival time for school at 7:33 instead of our goal of 7:30!
Not bad! Not bad, at all!

As the kids are scrambling out of the car, I call out, "Make good choices!" like I saw in a movie once. What WAS that movie? I think Jamie Lee Curtis said that in Freaky Friday.

Monday is Amber's weekly trip to Target for her groceries.
I wondered if I would be doing this solo with her list - and Amber ALWAYS has a list!


But NO! She was game to get out of the house and we all know how much Amber loves her trips to Target! 


Here she comes!!!!


Amber and I may have had a tea party on the cracker aisle 4!
We got Starbucks drinks and the vanilla scones when we came in!
Hard to shop, nibble and drink at the same time so we parked our carts and enjoyed ourselves!


It was a fun afternoon!

This is part of my Target buys!

Plus I saved myself a ton of money by buying my makeup and fragrance in the Ulta section there.
Last May I shopped Sephora and it all cost a pretty penny more there- but it did last me nearly a year.

We had the cart Amber was riding in plus my cart completely full with her groceries and my things . I went to get the car and when I got back, a kind employee had offered to load the groceries for us! We drove straight home and unloaded the bags on the driveway and Mike was taking them in for us while I went to do the school pick up!
This time I stayed in the car and took my turn loading the kids up at the curb.

The kids had gymnastics tonight so I put dinner on and while they were gone, 


Amber and I watched a movie!
It's what we DO!!

I brought the things with me to make dinner tonight.
I knew they liked the Angel Chicken I made when they were at the ranch for spring break so I made that again along with roasted veggies and garlic knots...


and we had apple pie and ice cream for dessert!

I'll do the morning school run and then go back down to the ranch. 
We have a bee meeting tomorrow night!
I've had such a good time and it's been wonderful to spend this time with Amber and Mike and the kids. Trystan asked me the other day when I was going to leave - that she didn't want me to go. I told her that the key to a good visit is to leave before you really WANT to go and before THEY want me to go!

Amber is right on schedule with her recovery and is doing well.
We have all enjoyed being together but it's time for me to go home.



Besides, Louis Dean is missing me!
And I am missing him!!

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad to hear it all has worked out perfectly! And I want to know how to make this Angel Chicken. I have bought this bread, and it is really good!

Hootin Anni said...

It's wonderful that your daughter felt good enough to get out of the house. Having time with her was grand, I'm sure.
The kids will miss you...have a safe journey to the ranch

Deb J. in Utah said...

It's so great that you could help Amber out as she heals up. Amber her family kept you busy, but you also had a nice time together and made some wonderful memories. I know Louis Dean will be so glad to see you. Have a good week. See you again soon!

Vee said...

So true! My daughter invited me to sell my home and move in with her. I thanked her kindly, but declined by saying, "We don't like each other enough for that!" 😁 I adore her, but she is too young to be taking care of her decrepit mother.

Happy days at the ranch! 🐝

MadSnapper said...

I love the quote about going home, so true for me. i am a no place like home person.
I had no idea Target sells groceries, I last shopped in Target in 2006 I think. at that time they had a milk and juice and a few cookies and crackers and candy. the things they had were a lot more than WM, so did not buy things there except for picture frames and a few linens as needed. I saw a sign last week they are turning our closed kmart into a target. it will be much closer than the one we have had for years. will go check the prices.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad she is doing well and I know you are ready to go home. You'll be busy when you get there! Enjoy your day sweet friend!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Our Target doesn't have a fell grocery line, They have canned goods, some frozen things, and milk cheese and bread and eggs. They don't have any fresh produce. Their prices are good on a lot of things. Glad Amber is doing so well and you are able to go back to the ranch for the bee meeting. I know Louise Dean had to have really missed you too ~

Changes in the wind said...

Now that is the most fun grocery shopping trip I have ever heard of, you and Amber know how to make a party where ever you go. Am sure your help has been very appreciated and glad you were able to be there and enjoy them as well.

Jan said...

So glad Amber is doing well. It sounds like you've had a really good time with your family and I know it was a blessing for them to have you there!

photowannabe said...

Louis Dean will be thrilled to have you "home". Enjoy your Bee meeting and the Quads are going to miss you so much. I like your thoughts about leaving before they want you to go..makes the reunion so much sweeter.
Happy Amber is doing so well.
Sue

Susan said...

I love the vanilla scones from Starbucks! Looks like the shopping was a success!

Carole said...

Who is the aristocratic looking lady in your new header?? Cheers

LC said...

Lovely account of fun family love in action.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good news about Amber's recov ery and that you and she could spend time shopping. As nice as it is to spend time with family, you do know when it's time to return home and then look forward to the next time.

Deanna Rabe said...

Lots of good memories have been made! Anytime with our adult kids is special.

Have a good trip back to the ranch and LD!