Saturday, February 19, 2022

Fridays Feel Like Saturdays at the Ranch!

 Sherry is off on Fridays so it feels like we get two Saturdays every weekend we are here at the ranch! 


Sherry's parents were taking her and Dean out to celebrate Sherry's birthday and invited us to join them.
This is one of their very favorite restaurants!


Ichiban recently relocated and this is really nice!!
All brand new and beautifully decorated.


It's fun watching our meal being prepared!


Dinner and entertainment at the same time!


A young couple was at the same table and we all enjoyed watching this little boy!
He didn't like loud noises but he loved the fire flames!


I wish I could duplicate the dressing on their salads......


So much fun!





I ordered rice and veggies....
Louis Dean had shrimp but shared them with me. He prefers FRIED shrimp - not grilled.


We had followed Dean and Sherry so we all parted ways after lunch - Les and Jeanie back to Hamilton, Dean and Sherry to do errands and Louis Dean and I were on our own in Waco for the afternoon.


Our first stop was Orscheln Farm and Home Store.
I bought this t-shirt and wrap on clearance for $12!


Roses were in short supply last year here in Texas so when I spied all these rose bushes - I filled my buggy up! We have a rose garden here at the ranch with 3 rose bushes from last year and now we will love 9 more!


Second stop - Hobby Lobby! 
I went up and down every isle and this is all I bought - a bee sign for the bathroom and three artists brushes at 50% off!

Trips to Aldi and HEB followed before we headed back to the ranch.


Thousands of acres are now solar farms......changing the landscape of the country.


I love this beautifull tree on back road to the ranch.


We came in to find the cats asleep on the couch.
They have been playing hard ever since we arrived here on Tuesday.


While the solar  farms are under construction,
 the red lights of the wind farms have further changed the landscape.
This is what we see at night off to the north of us.


This was a perfect ending to such a good day!





10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I like that "Bee You" sign. So glad you had such a nice weekend. Hope you have a good week in the country. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a gorgeous fire photo this last one is! But I think my favorite is the beautiful big tree. And the kitties sleeping, both in the same pose.

Kathy said...

Sounds like the perfect day. There is an Ichiban near where Joe and I have our church's annual conference. I wonder if it is a chain and they are connected somehow. I love that tree picture.

Hootin Anni said...

Like a mirrored kitty portrait! Such sweet things they are. Love your new t shirt and too...wanna see YOU wearing it tho!!
Like the two above said, I too like the tree photo.

Vee said...

What a nice day starting with Sherri's dinner and on to shopping. Interesting about the solar farms. They are all over the place here as well. Yes, it does change the landscape. I'm not sure what I think about them yet. I know what I think about those clunky windmills.

MadSnapper said...

I have always wanted to eat in a place like this, you know how much I love FLAMES! food looks delish. I like my shrimp fried too and my fish and steak and chicken. fried meat is what i was raised on. the only thing no fried was a baked ham or a chuck roast on sunday

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice you were there to help celebrate the birthday! The dinner was a treat! And you were able to some shopping which you are very good at. You always manage to find something special. Hope you continue to enjoy your trip to the ranch!

photowannabe said...

Ahhh...Country Girl, you are in Paradise!
What a perfect ending to a perfect day.
Lunch with friends, terrific purchases from the stores and a magical evening by the fire...
Slightly jealous.
This has been a hard week for me so it was fun to read about your wonderful week.
Sue

Carole said...

Wind farms and solar farms in Texas - whatever next! I'm not keen on wind power myself - a lot more visual and noise pollution than people think - and also damage to birds... Enough of a rant! Glad you are enjoying the country. Cheers

Susie said...

Linda, I would rather see solar farms as those wind turbines. The solar farms are low enough they don't foul the horizons. So happy you all had a wonder meal together to celebrate Sherry's birthday. Tell her happy birthday for me. Blessings, xoxo, love you, Susie