Monday, February 21, 2022

A Busy BEE Kind of Monday!

 It's been a good Monday!
I was up earlier than Louis Dean and enjoyed some quality quiet time and coffee.
Sometimes I just need to have some alone time to think, pray and ponder.


This was our bits and pieces of a meal I served for lunch - as that's usually the first meal of our day.
We're trying to use up our food and not be wasteful - and it helps to be creative!
Thankfully, Louis Dean is easy to please and will eat just about anything I serve him - except for raw cabbage!

Louis  Dean had projects to do outside while I stayed in and worked on my denim.


Every time we come down to the ranch I bring a bag of jeans to whack up, trace squares with a marker and cut them out. I always have someone to sew a quilt for.

It turned out to be a warm day in Texas - it got up to 79 degrees here at the ranch.
I took down all the colored lights we had strung up on the fence line around the yard and we put up white ones in their place. We got half way around so I will need to look for more lights when we get home. I try to only buy the LED ones now but we will use up the others on things like this.

Sherry and I suited up to check on our bees after she got off work.
Tomorrow night is our Waco bee meeting and it will be good to have something to report.

We have gained a hive or two and lost a hive or two over the winter so we are now at six.
We checked on four and put a paper plate with sugar candy on top of the frames. We need to fix one more for the 5th hive.....which we plan to do this weekend.


These are the Speaker Box Bees Dean and Sherry rescued.


Once the weather warms up we will move them into a regular hive.


Can you see the golden pollen these bees are bringing in?
We're not sure where they arae getting it since everything still looks dead and brown.
I need to research what pollen is out there right now.


As Sherry and were sitting on the deck - we saw this beautiful sunset.
That's why we call that one the Sunset Deck.


The wind has been blowing all day long and after the sun set, it began to cool off.
I nearly had to turn the AC on in the camper today and tomorrow it's supposed to be even warmer at 83 degrees!

Louis Dean and I sat outside and had our own Happy Hour with white wine, sparkling water and a fresh raspberry and blackberry.

Dean stopped by for a short visit after he came in from work.


Sweet Rugar wanted him to know he was outside waiting on him!

I do so love a good Monday!!





11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I DO see the pollen on the bee's legs! Where in the world would they have found it? Let us know if you find out. Your sunset photo is astoundingly gorgeous!!!! It looks like you have new background, or else the old looks prettier than usual!

Hootin Anni said...

A great day at the ranch land!! A perfect ending with a Texas sunset, a glass of wine and a the beautiful dog at the door.

Arlene G said...

So glad your bees are doing well. Marvin really misses his bees but we just could not keep them happy there.:) Raining here all week but temps are in the 60s so that is okay with me. I am ready for spring.

MadSnapper said...

this is so cool seeing the speaker hive. they do a great service to the bees and the people who don't want the bees. glad you had a good monday.. and some alone time. i crave alone time. and rarely get any. our days have been in high 80's for a week and the past 2 went to 85. to warm for Feb. we did manage without ac so far

Deanna Rabe said...

I love hearing about your days. Lots of regular activity is good for us!

Bev said...

Oh 79 degrees we are having wind chills of -23C right now...
Bees are amazing... I just learned they only live 40 days ... visit about 1000 plants... and make 1 tsp of honey...!?...

Vee said...

A wonderful, interesting day. Love the color of that sunset!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope your Tuesday is just as good as your Monday was. I do wonder where those bees found polen this time of year. That's amazing. Ah the miracles of nature can't be beat.

Brenda said...

You amaze me...the things you do...can't wait to read more about your life...

photowannabe said...

I was wondering how your bees were doing.
Terrific close-up of the golden pollen on the bees.
We all need our "alone" time..it charges the batteries and makes togetherness even better.
Love and hugs
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Carol said...

It was in the upper 50's here yesterday and I was excited about that. I was able to sit on the porch a bit. I am thankful for that. We are possibly going to have a winter storm this weekend. Lovely Indiana weather- says NO ONE! Mother Nature has to be bi polar as much as we have changes in our weather.