Thursday, February 17, 2022

It's a COLD Thursday in the Country!!

 Today (Thursday) is our second full day here for February and it was a good one.


I had my coffee and prayer time in the girl bunk with the window open to the country sounds.


Louis Dean was alrady out plowing up the garden!
He started in his t-shirt and overalls but later had to add a heavy shirt AND coat plus gloves and even sunglasses to shield his eyes from the wind. The temps began to plummet and yet he plowed on.
He was determined to get that job done and we intend to plant the wildflower garden across the back part of the fenced in area before we go home in March.


I closed all the windows as the weather changed and plugged the electric heater in the camper while Louis Dean lit the Dearborn heater in the bathroom.


Our sweet Tabitha.
She doesn't even try to get out the door - so far anyway.
I think there's too many interesting things inside to keep her busy.


Cats are such good nappers!!

Dean came in to visit for a few minutes early this afternoon.
He had been to a funeral and the weather had turned windy and cold right in the middle of it.

Alas, we seem to specialize on water leaks and today I noticed the camper bathroom sink was dripping.
I could hear it but I was looking right at the faucet and no water was coming out!
I opened the cupboard underneath the sink and there it was! Dripping from the pipe below the sink.
That bathroom is tiny and Dean graciously checked the leak out for his dad. Louis Dean does not fit in that bathroom! Neither does his son but he's more agile and can contort himself into the awkward positions required for looking underneath sinks.


All water to the kitchen or bathroom comes in from under the girl bunk.....


So I had to take the bed apart in order for Dean to inspect that area.
He has a plan and thinks he can use Apex pipe but needs a fitting which we hope to find in a Waco plumbing supply that Summer told me about.


My main acccomplishment today was sprucing up the bathrooom that is NOT inside the camper!
Louis Dean built a front room that is connected to the camper. Yesterday he installed the mirrored medicine cabinet the Cumby's gave us and today I moved my toiletries in and created a little dressing table for myself. It was a good room to hang out in as the weather turned really cold.


When Dean and Sherry came down to visit this evening, we alal sat in the bathroom where it was toasty warm.


How do you like my hillbilly/redneck privacy screen for the toilette area???
I thought the hat on top was a nice touch!


I think this is a FUN thing to read.......
and I may be guilty of saying a few of these myself!
Louis Dean says several......



I will close tonight with a photo of Summer!


She is as sweet as she looks and this is the way she looked today as she was out and about in the Dallas area doing errands.




11 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Hope the water issue is now curtailed. Love the privacy screen, but most of all the smoke to end your journal for the day...sweet Summer

Hootin Anni said...

Smoke should be smile

Brenda said...

Love this blog...your husband is a real worker and amazing as are you. Keep writing...it is a journey...

Vee said...

Oh no! Another leak. Hope that this one is a quick fix.Glad that Dean is helping out. The weather is very capricious these days...warm then cold. Up and down. It's mud season early here, but I am resisting the urge to think spring. In Texas, though, spring must be on the doorstep.

MadSnapper said...

Hi to sweet and oh so good Summer! and only you could have a Party of Four Party in your bathroom. I LOVE IT and love the screen. that heater looks so warm. glad you have two bathrooms even if one is so tiny. happy country time!!!!

Arlene G said...

We had some lovely days at Grimmwood but here in Decatur is it cold today. And like Dean, I have a funeral to attend. The daffodils are blooming here and they are so cheery. God is so good to us to give us the beauty of spring after the winter. Yall take care and don't work too hard!!

Changes in the wind said...

What I love most about you and LD is your flexibility! You go with the weather and get comfortable where needed and just let the rest go.

photowannabe said...

Oh, Summer looks so wonderful. What a sweet smile she has, even her eyes twinkle.
You and your plumbing problems are just too much. I sure hope you can find the part and get it fixed.
Love the cabinet mirror and shelves you made. Perfection.
LD is such a worker. Great photo of him behind the plow. Wildflowers will be awesome.
Keep enjoying your time at the ranch.
Sue

Carole said...

Always forget you get cold weather! It is still warm here but thankfully not as humid. Cheers

LC said...

Wonderful that you have talented, experienced "youngsters" you can call on!

Deanna Rabe said...

Glad it seems to be an easy fix. I hope it doesn’t stay cold while you’re there.

Summer looks great!