Wednesday, February 23, 2022

2/22/22 was a 2's DAY!!!

 My friend Carolyn had this on her Facebook page yesterday and I thought it was so cool!

And it WAS a super good 2's DAY!!


My all time favorite step son Dean - and he seems more like a son in law to me since I  never had a step son before - came down on his way to work and repaired the water line in the camper bathroom.
Win! WIN!!!! It only took a few minutes but he had to think outside the box since this is an older RV and most 'fixes' have to be done through the RV service places. Dean figured out how to do it with a new product not made for RV's and it works!


I am at Chapter 22 in my memoir and have purposed in my heart to finish writing my book this year!
I've asked God to help me write one hour a day until it's done. It's not easy this going back in the past but it's the only way to write one's history. I have to live it again and it is painful.But knowing that I have a happy ending makes it easier. I wrote from from 1:05-2:15 before I closed up my computer and went out to the front room to do some art.


At 3:00 I cleaned my brushes, took a hot shower and got ready for our bee meeting.
Sherry got off early at 4:30,  picked me up and we headed for Waco!
This is my new outfit from the Farm and Home Store!


We were meeting up with Rosie at El Conquistador in Bellmead and we were just a tad early.....
early enough for me to order a frozen margarita with SALT!!


Sherry and I neraly always split the potato nachos!
With guacamole and queso - it makes for a full meal!


I rode with Rosie from the restaurant to the bee meeting and we caught up with what's going on in our lives. It was at one of our bee meetings a few years ago that I noticed Rosie.....she is such a beautiful lady and she was sitting by herself. I introduced myself.....and we have been fast friends ever since.
Rosie is retired from the army -  a patriot and salt of the earth.
I can't tell you how much I admire her!
She has an amazing life story!
We ALL do when you come down to it.


I seldom take pictures at the bee meetings.
It's not photogenic for the most part but I need to get creative about this.
I cropped this pic but it did leave a lot of beekeepers out.
We meet at a college and everyone tends to spread out......

The weather is Texas has been on a roller coaster and we took another dip and roll last night and today.


Louis Dean has kept the Dearborn heater going all day today.


The cats have made their beds near it and that's where they have stayed all day long.

I made a good breakfast of oatmeal,bacon and toast for our midday meal.
Louis Dean has been working in his shop while I have read, done some housekeeping, did some art and wrote for my allotted hour. This session was even more painful than the last but iron has entered my soul and I am going to DO this thing!!

It's COLD in Texas tonight as I write!
The camper water froze last night and we have struggled to keep the water on in the bathroom.
Tomorrow looks like a day much as this one was.


Yes, it WILL!!!!




9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Potato Nachos look so good, I am going to make them! I used to have a red poncho pretty much like yours, I wore it all the time for years. But one icy day I was going out the door and the poncho caught in the door as I walked out. Fell and broke my leg. Watch out for doors!

Brenda said...

Can’t wait to read the book…

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I can hardly wait for Spring to come and be warm again. We've had a few teaser days, but go back in the deep freeze again. I've been warm though and no frozen pipes. Hope your pipes don't break. Keep hanging in there. No winter lasts forever !

MadSnapper said...

at the time your pipes are freezing we are having record breaking heat here. 87 day before yesterday and the past 4 days and a week out is all mid 80's. weather gone wild. you look so cute in your new country outfit and warm also. God bless Dean for fixing your water problems.

Deanna Rabe said...

You’ve made me hungry!

I admire you working through the pain of the past to write your story. The chapters you’ve shared before were so interesting!

I hope Texas warms up soon! Hard to enjoy your days when your living space is cold!

Carole said...

Good luck with your writing - hope spending this time will give you insight and distance... Cheers

Brenda said...

P.S.
Spent so many summers and several weeks in December in Fort Worth, Dallas, Austin, Houston…never ever saw cold…maybe global warming…I have used furnace two nights in Florida only because needed to see if it works…all those water problems would drive me crazy lol

Vee said...

You find the best quotes. That one is especially good when we are expecting a snowstorm of 8 to 12 inches. How good that you are working on your book. The only way you won't finish is if you quit. May it warm up there soon!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love that beautiful sunset picture. Gorgeous! I didn't know you are writing your memoir. Are you going to publish it on Amazon? I would love to read it if you are. I have thought that one day I need to write down my life story as well. We have had a cold week here in Utah, and got a little snow, but next week we will warm up again. Have a good one and I will see you again soon!