Tuesday, February 8, 2022

It's the Scholastic Book Fair!!!

 We are knee deep in all things Scholastic Book Fair and I am loving it!!
Amber is the coordinator and as busy as a bee.
The snow days last week robbed her of her plan to set it up so she has been working like crazy getting it all together even as she's doing the Preview Days!


That's when every single class in the entire school gets to come in and browse all the book tables and shelves and fill out a Wish List. They each get a clipboard and pencil and fill their paper out with the titles of the books they are most interested in and the price of each one.
This is spread out over three days - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.


In between the classes coming in, you can find Amber behind the shelves blowing up balloons and getting decorations ready to put up.


She came up with the theme for this year's book fair since the company no longer provides one with the set up materials.


It's all about Space!
She has been planning and ordering things for weeks now and it all came together.


I am so thankful I am well and can be part of this book fair.
It's one of my most favorite things to do!

Monday I was up at 5:30 in the morning - school starts early!!
We worked all day and then after school, we hosted the Teacher Preview!


Amber has a heart for teachers and she makes it like a small reception with drinks, cheese and crackers, scones, cookies, brownies, fruits and even fresh veggies with Ranch.
The teachers fill out their own Wish Lists and then Amber works hard to make the Fair such a success that their wishes are, indeed, fulfilled!

After the reception, she and I stayed on to finish up some of the decorations!


You can see how fun this book fair is!!
Amber does all the balloons - I am not allowed since I tend to scream when I pop then and I cannot get the knack of filling them up properly!
Can you spy me in the space ship??

One of my responsiblities is displaying the color sheets for the book fair.
Every student may color a rocket ship and we have drawings through the week and the students who win get to choose a book from the fair. The first 15 winners will be announced in the morning and I am so looking forward to seeing them come in and select their free book!

Here are a few of my favorite rocket ships so far......


Guess who did this one??


And is this not the cleverest thing????
I LOVE it!!


This one and only child (so far!) thought outside the box and did his design landscape style!

This afternoon we finished up the last of the decorations including a Balloon arch that is awesome!!!
Tomorrow is our last preview day and then we open up the cash registers for business!
Last book fair set a record and Amber is determined to beat it!
This is her third book fair and each year has been more successful than the last.
I'm really happy I have been able to be at all three to help her.






14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. So glad you are feeling better. We have Covid at our house now - our son has it and Charly and I are praying that we don't get it. I used to LOVE volunteering at the book fairs when my kids were little. Good memories. I love anything that gets kids to READ!! I hope things are going well for you and Louis Dean. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

How awesome! I think my favorite rocket ship is the one with the tiny alien inside. You must have been totally exhausted when you got home! Let us know if any of the Quads won the drawing.

Hootin Anni said...

My favorite is of YOU gazing thru the rocket ship's portal. Now THAT is a prize winner!!!

Hope y'all most success!!! Update us if you can.

Changes in the wind said...

What a wonderful thing to be a part of. I am sure it leaves many lasting memories for all.

Deanna Rabe said...

Amber is so amazing! I love that she works to make this special for everyone!
I am happy that you get to help her every year, too!

Vee said...

What a blessing to the students and teachers. Amber is a dynamo. She takes after her mother. 😁

Buttercup said...

What fun. I loved the Scholastic Book Fairs and remember the excitement of seeing all the books. Glad that you're feeling better. Take care!

MadSnapper said...

its so much fun and raises money for the library and if they had things like this when i was in school would have loved it. reading is a huge part of my life, a world without books would be awful.

Vick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
photowannabe said...

Wow, what a fabulous event!!
Amber is a true prize. Lucky school.
I loved volunteering for this kind of school activity too but ours were nothing like your school.
So glad you are well enough to help out too. Its so fulfilling.
Books are so important for all of us.
Sue

Carole said...

Glad you are well - and great work on the fair. Cheers

Bev said...

Such fun....it seems like ages since I was with grands in the classroom.Such good times!

Carole said...

Hoping you and LD are doing fine. Look forward to your next post. Cheers

Debbie said...

with all that amber has on her plate, how wonderful that she does this, and that you help out as well!! space is such a great theme!!

hockey rocks, i can't imagine who made that one??!! all of the art is great!!