Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Have I Told You Lately......

..... That I Love You?"  That is the song Louis Dean is playing and singing to me in this photo on a recent July evening on our front porch. That particular evening our young neighbors across the street had invited us over for dinner. Josh is tall, blond and handsome.....Sophie is tiny, dark and beautiful. Both are YOUNG (in their 20's) so we were flattered they wanted to cook dinner for US! Sophie is from New Mexico and her bloodline is  Spanish and French.....and her cooking is mouth watering! She prepared the most delicious chicken enchiladas I have ever tasted....complete with all the toppings and tasty beans unlike any I have ever cooked! We had taken a bottle of wine over so our meal was complete! Louis Dean and I ate every single bite on our plates and then she gave us containers of food for the next day! We walked BACK across the street about 9 pm.....just cool enough to sit on the front porch while I watered the yard and flower beds. I set the hose up to spray a particular area then I sit on the porch for awhile.....change the hose....sit some more...this can take quite a bit of time. We have tried to leave the water on and go inside but invariably I FORGET and water the street and sidewalk and driveway! SO while we were waiting for all things green and/or flowering to have their daily drink of water,  Louis Dean brought out his guitar and began to play. The torch Summer gave us keeps the mosquitoes away!

And thus we ended our day with a little wine....a little music...and the gentle sounds of a July evening in Texas. Next time you are in the area...won't you join us? We love company!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I have never seen an evening like that in our neighborhood, ever.
Good for you and glad you had such a lovely evening.

ps Where do you live ?? I might move there, lol!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

How wonderful!!! I am glad life is so full for you, Linda :)

Unknown said...

Louis Dean sings country? He has that head-banging rock & roller look to me...

Linda said...

Thank you for the comments, blogger friends! LD sings Marty Robbins, Lefty Frizell, Willie Nelson, George Jones, Hank Williams, Glen Yarborough, Burl Ives style music. He loves to sing just about as much as he loves to EAT!