Tuesday, October 31, 2023

It's Time to Go Home......

 Our time here has been wonderful!


We had a few pretty days where Louis Dean got out and played in the dirt!


He made a platform for our small campfire pit to sit on.

Sherry and I worked on an art project that she's giving as a gift so I can't share it yet....


but since I had all the acrylic paints out, I decided to paint up the ceramic sunflower pieces Sherry gave me earlier this year.
This one will be a clock!


I will finish them on my next visit!


Louis Dean has puttered in his 'shop' room and rearranged and reorganized things.


We have been eating well!
I made a big pot of vegetable beef stew one cold night.
The AC has been turned off and the small electric heaters have been taken out of the shop and plugged in. Flannel sheets and warm blankets are on the bed and it's been cozy sleeping at night.


I took this partial ham out of the freezer and heated it in a crock pot with brown sugar and apricot preserves. It looked like a Halloween face to me!


Louis Dean carved it up and it was good!
We are taking leftovers home with us tomorrow!

The days here have been such a blessing to us.
I've had plenty of time to rest and read and nest and just BE!

We didn't go home for Halloween as we usually do.
Normally we sit out on the driveway and sip wine from our goblin cups and hand out candy.
And we always enjoy seeing the kids in costume and for the last couple of years I bought regular size candy bars for all the older kids.
However, I just wasn't 'feeling it' this year - so stayed here.
We will go home in the morning - or mostly likely noonish!

I will close tonight's journal entry with the Bell Grands in their costumes for today!


I just love the Fall garland Amber made for her front door!
This is Harrison - I think he may be ET?


The girls are Hockey Ghouls....

Tomorrow is November 1st!!











17 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Please don't leave...stay out in the country with us! LOL. Be safe going home tomorrow. Sure looks like pretty country there, pretty blue sky. Enjoyed the trick or treat pictures of the kids! Ham looks delicious. You cant go wrong with ham! or BACON!! LOL

BeachGypsy said...

ooops! PS.....the sunflower crafts are so pretty!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness! The girls have all been hit in the head with hockey pucks!! How clever and hilarious!! I love how you painted the sunflower ring, the placement of the different colors.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you made the most of your time in the country once again! Your granddaughters’ costumes are great! Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Oops. My phone doesn’t want to identify me when I comment! Anonymous = Judy @ My Front Porch

Donna said...

I think you need to sell up and move to the ranch permanently.
I know you both love it so much and LD would certainly keep busy...
Love the kids costumes!
hugs
Donna

Estelle's said...

I share your feelings....your days in the country sound lovely, and how wonderful it is to just be.....For the first time in forever, I was not feeling the Halloween festivities this year either...I actually went to bed early and my sweet son was in charge of the trick or treaters....we have been in post surgery recovery mode so it's just time to rest...

MadSnapper said...

it seems like you just got to your country home. time seems to be on fast forward for us, the weeks and months are flipping like a breeze in the calendar pages. love the ghouls and ET..you know i am always jealous of your fire pits. no need for one hear, still hot summer. although we are promised 58 degrees Thursday morning. that is cold enough.

Arlene G said...

So glad you had some good days of rest, Linda. We just got home from a week away...part of it in Ga and the end of the week in NC. I am playing catch up.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your country life makes me appreciate all the peace and quiet there. I love the craft project that includes sunflowers. They are one of my favorite flowers. Can't wait to see what you and Sherry were working on. You'll have to share pictures of that too. Hot soup or stew is perfect when the weather turns cool. It's freezing today and we had our first snow on the ground this morning. The sun came out briefly and melted all the snow so now we are back to nothing but leaves on the ground. When I used to came, I had a furnace to heat the camper and it worked well. It didn't take much to heat up the camper. Sorry you are going home and your busy city life will begin again. At least you got some well deserved rest.

photowannabe said...

I am so happy you got to just rest and do the things you love to do..that's the best therapy around.
Love your projects and your Grands are so cute in their costumes.
Louis Dean really looks like he was in his Happy Place..Good for him
Sue

Rita said...

I love the vibrant shades of color on all your sunflowers.
Good costumes for the kids.
Safe travels!

Debby said...

Aww well if you have to go anywhere, "Home" is a good place.

Wanda said...

Yeah, a good time of Ranch Rest! A bit of heaven. That ham in the crockpot looks so good, I think I could smell the brown sugar...mmm.
Louis Dean always looks so cute. He is such a treasure.

Arts and Craft just come to you so naturally. Everything you touch turns to gold.

Since we live in a gated community. I only get my "cookie kids". They showed up last night and I had vanilla and chocolate cake pops instead of my regular cookies.

So it's November....how can that be!!

Love and hugs

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love the Hockey Ghouls! So cute. So glad you had a nice stay in the country. I love those ceramic sunflower projects you are working on. Enjoy the rest of the week. See you again soon!

Pam said...

Linda, when I first looked at the ham, I thought, "what in the world kind of mask is that?". It's true! I saw a Halloween face, too!

I know y'all hate leaving the country! Life's just better in the country, isn't it?

BTW...when I told you about being from Texas, I failed to tell you that I attended Lewisville High School. Home of the Fighting Farmers! Small world, isn't it. What are Sherry's parents names? I've been gone from Hamilton for 26 years but my niece still lives there and my sister drives through there when she goes to her Mother in laws home in Brownwood.

Enjoy being back home, dear!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I was thinking the same thing about your ham, haha.