Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Tuesday Treasures and Wednesday Art!

 I love a good Tuesday! 
Or any day!


October is a good month to count our many blessings ....name them one by one.
Each one of you reading my words this very moment is a blessing to me and I treasure you and your friendship. I know so many of you personally now and love hearing about YOUR lives!
Mine is an open book  - literally - so I do appreciate you who correspond with me so very much.
I don't know how to contact those who must comment anonymously  so I am just going to reach out to Bev who left a comment in a previous post - my email is artlady1948@gmail.com. I would love to get in touch with you! Your comment means so much to me and I thank you for taking the time to post it.

Every Tuesday is a good one but yesterday was  especially so!
I was to meet Brenda up at the thrift store at 10:30 - and I arrived at 10:33!

We always have a good time together and visit while we shop!
She and Billy had plans so they took off after the first thrift stop.

Guess what I did!!!
I had rolled out of bed at 9:00 and by the time I had fed and watered the cats and given LD his medicine, taken mine, drank down one cup of coffee, and made up my bed - it was time to leave!
So I was hungry and went to Whataburger for a Jr. meal - all by myself!
I forgot and left my book at home - Sue Grafton's 'H is for Homicide' but I had my Words With Friends on my phone.
I had the best time!!

Whataburger is right next door to Goodwill so I drove across the parking lot and pulled up to the donation drop off place. A strong young man hauled the two very heavy bags plus a heavy box from my trunk!

I thanked him and said, "Now I will go in and shop!"
He said, "HERE???"
I said, "Absolutely! That's where all the stuff in the bags came from originally and now they are back!"
This is my version of recycling!

I picked up one of Louis Dean's prescriptions on my way home.
Taking care of our medicine is a BIG job! 
None of it comes up for refills at the same time so I am constantly making trips to Walgreens.
PLUS we both have supplemental policies with United Heath Care but his is through his Teacher Retirement program and even if you have a 90 day refill - which he does - they will only give you 30 days at a time. MY 90 day refills give me 90 days!!
We each have over a dozen prescriptions between us so I have to keep my wits about me to handle this!

Instead of photographing all my treasures out on the driveway table - I thought I would post where they 'live.' I always deal with my purchases the day of - taking the tags off and putting things away.
This goes for thrift store treasures, groceries from Walmart and Aldi and shopping form Home Goods, Hobby Lobby or whatever!


I was happy to find two brand new never lit before Twisted Peppermint candles from Bath and Body Works for $2 each! Not bad since they are $14.50 apiece.
The jack-o-lantern lives in the laundry room and I plopped him down on top of a short electric candle.
The other faux pumpkin is on the porch chair beside the front door.


This light as a feather crimson touched with gold wreath is hanging in the living room.
While this is not its permanent home - I am enjoying it for the time being.


I fell in love with this beautiful sturdy canvas and Louis Dean hung it on our bedroom door.
I took the wreath down and put it in my sewing room.
For Christmas I am going to hang a large golden bow with ribbons around this canvas.
I think it will be elegant!
$7.00


A nice rug for Louis Dean's bathroom - I need more than one to switch them out in the laundry.
$2.50


I couldn't pass up this fun lamp shade!
$3.50


I found this slinky white  ?? it's so lightweight I can't call it a jacket!
I know I will get a lot of wear from it - less than $5!


Brenda found me this Chico's black velour jacket with a subtle pattern to it for just $5.50!


I love this rough linen table cloth!
It lives in the gazebo covering a trunk that I am using for a 'coffee table' and to prop our feet on!


Tuesday night supper was a healthy salad and some shrimp done in the air fryer!
We are eating so healthy it's boring!

This morning (Wednesday) I sent an email to our mechanic and he responded that the truck is actively being worked on and he would give me an update this evening.

Louis Dean was so happy to hear this - although he forgets and I tell him again and again.
He misses his truck like it was a girlfriend or something!

Today was a home day and I loved every minute!


We love our gazebo but it's not entirely 'kosher' if you know what I mean.
The mosquito netting doesn't meet so for the spring and summer, I put up some white lace panels to keep the pests out.


Now that it's fall - I am replacing that with a sheer curtain I bought at the thrift store yesterday for $1.50! Now please do not zoom in on this pic but it is me without make up.
I can paint up and fix up but believe you me - I start out with a blank canvas!


Louis Dean, on the other hand, wakes up tall, dark and handsome every day of the week.
It is so unfair!


The new panel goes so well with the netting and rain curtains.


This is where we start and finish our days now that the weather has mellowed.
It's like another living space but outside!

I spent the day doing homemaking and housekeeping things.
A little laundry, a little vacuuming, a little yard work..... 


but finally my to-do list was checked off and I did some art!


My Christmas paintings are not going to paint themselves and I must sit in the chair with brush in hand and a palette before me if I intend to get this finished in time to make this year's Christmas cards and canvas prints for a couple of giveaways.

I hope to have three Christmas paintings this year if I can stay at the art table long enough!

Now for my big news!!!!
The truck is READY to pick up in the morning!
Charles called at 5:00 and said he had EXCELLENT news!
Indeed, he did and the total bill is actually LESS than the estimate!!!
When he told me it was ready, I said, "Praise GOD and thank you, Charles!!"

I close tonight's journal entry with a prayer for Israel.....




Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! “May they be secure who love you!"

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You look adorable with no makeup. So fresh and cute. I love the new clothes! I am sure Louis Dean is over the moon with his new truck back. I bet he had to think of somewhere to go to drive it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we all need to pray for Israel! Can you imagine being bombed 24/7?
I always love finding out what you have been up to! Good to hear the big white truck is fixed!
Sending love to you and LD!

MadSnapper said...

YAY for the new old truck coming home and now you can go to your country home for a while... i like your new old sweaters. as always you found more treasures and deserve a well done on all the things you returned to Goodwill. I wonder if you ever shop and accidently buy something you donated. HA HA.. just a thought. one thing we will never read here is that you were bored to death with nothing to do...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely home you have. So glad y’all are getting the truck back. I am praying for Israel. Jan

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I haven't been doing any art work here yet, but there is still time to get it done. I don't do well on faces and will keep it simple for me. I have to do 7 of everything I paint so I can give a family gift to each of my children. It gets monotonous at times. But I cannot afford to buy anything for each of them. I do try to paint an ornament for each of the grandchildren. I haven't decided what to paint yet, but it will have to be simple if I want to get done. Love your decorations, all the good buys you found,, and especially liked the prayer for Israel. Have fun and enjoy your week Love, ma

photowannabe said...

Linda, I am so thankful for our Blog Friendship too. You are a breath of fresh air. I love coming here and seeing your treasures, meals and darling Louis Dean.
Yes, and I am praying for Israel too.
So glad you have that truck back and can go to your Happy Place
(((hugs)))
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So thankful for your friendship, and for all the wonderful inspiration you give us every day with your adventures and journeys. Always something special to discover here. Yes, we are praying for Israel. And for our nation as well. We know God is in control no matter what.

Rita said...

Any month is a good one for being grateful--lol! ;)

You find the best deals! I am really envious of all the candles you find for so cheap. I love the glow of them--especially during the winter. Enjoy!

And the favored truck is done and will be home again.

I just got mail from you today and will be writing a snail mail back soon!! :):)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your home at this time of year! And your great buys are fun to see. Hope the truck is 'good to go'! Take care!

Arlene G said...

Oh so glad LD's other girl is coming home.:) Men are attached to their trucks for sure. I pray in agreement with you for Israel, Linda. It is so heartbreaking what is happening there. I just dropped off two boxes of stuff at Good Will. I am trying to declutter a bit but I do enjoy browsing several of our local thrift stores. Have a good weekend.

Deanna Rabe said...

Praise God the truck is back and fixed! What a blessing to Louis Dean and you, too!

You find delightful items to make your home just how you like it. Everyone should have their home styled for their enjoyment.

I'm glad to hear your weather has mellowed. Enjoy your time outdoors!

Wanda said...

Missed a few of your posts, as I caught a "bug". Feeling much better. I love all your outfits, and I agree with your other comments, you are adorable with or without makeup.

Goodness you make everyone and every thing look so good. I wanted to say how much I enjoyed Kailey filling in for you. She had your "touch". She will be a great blogger, and addition to your blog too.

Just love every picture of your darling Louis Dean. What a keeper!!