Saturday, October 21, 2023

Back in the COUNTRY after 3 Months!!

We have been chomping at the bit wanting to get back down to Dean and Sherry's ranch!
The heat, then the pacemaker, the truck in the shop and a last doctor appointment and we were finally ready to drive!!


Louis Dean had a pacemaker check and all was well!
Next appointment in December - just 2 months away - and he  will see Dr. Kizilbash.

Did I mention that we had to get up super early to be AT the doctor's office by 7:45??
It wasn't even open yet!!!
I scheduled the December visit for 1:30 PM!

We meant to be on the road by 10:00 but we spent nearly an hour looking for Tabitha!


All my insulated bags ar in the trunk of my car - and it is still in the shop- so I had to buy a lot of groceries. It'd been so long since we were  here I couldn't remember what we had in the way of staples and freezer food!


We are at the gate!
My favorite moment!


Louis Dean did a good job getting us here!

Our very own Red Roof Inn!!!

We came in and all was well!
After 3 months, I have a lot of dusting to do but no mice or any other trouble!
I forgot to take a pic of our  beautiful roses!
Thank you, Dean and Sherry, for keeping them watered all through the heat!


Sherry has been moving tons and tons of dirt as they prepare for getting their 'new' old house moved here to their property! It was built in 1925 and I am totally in love with it!!


The 'herd' of goats were just babies when  we were last here in early July!


They all have such sweet names that are so appropriate for them!
As in Freckles, Half and Half and others I can't remember but I'm going to try to get them all in my head before we leave.


I always look forward to seeing the meadow!


They have lost quite a few trees lately but there are still many beautiful ones down there!

We were walking back up to the camper and turned around and saw Sherry carrying this possum by the tail.


He  looks a little worse for wear but he was NOT welcome up at their place where he had been digging in Sherry's gorgeous pot plants she has on the porch.
So she relocated him!
I kind of wanted to take him back home with me....


The beautiful 'mops!'
I'm allowed to give them treats now!


Dean and Sherry were back at their place getting ready to leave for Irving.
Dean is teaching a Karate Seminar in Florida so we are down here and they spent the night at our house so he could catch his flight out the next morning!


I missed two complete months being here and enough weeks from July and October to equal 3 months total time we have been gone!

It was so much fun to settle in and put a few things to rights before we called it a night.


Louis Dean cut up some wood for a campfire that first night - the old fashioned way!




Then end of our first day here!!!


Friday was another really good day!


Louis Dean continues to enjoy his projects - from small repair jobs to creating an 'emergency' light from his collection of debris!


We went down to let the ducks out and feed them.
They heard our footsteps and started squawking so loud!


It was a real feeding frenzy!


This beauty was in amongst the ducks when we opened the gate!


Corn husks and salad peelings for this pretty goat!


I will close tonight's journal entry with this photo from Friday night and will catch up tomorrow!


We are SO happy to BEE here!!!






17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great news! And I know fall in the country will be very special and beautiful!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so happy for you that you can be in the country where you love to be. I hope you have a wonderful stay ❤❤❤❤
Granny M

Debby said...

I'm happy you finally made it to the ranch. It looks like a nice relaxing place. Have fun and enjoy each other.

Rita said...

So glad you are back in the country!!
Loved the little videos, too. :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Loved "Our very own Red Roof Inn!!!"
Enjoy your stay.

Deanna Rabe said...

I’m glad you are enjoying being back in the country!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your happy place.

Donna said...

How wonderful for you both! Enjoy!!
hugs
Donna

photowannabe said...

I'm doing the same happy dance as you...so glad you are down at the Ranch. I know this will be a great time of rest and enjoyment.
Evening Fires, family, animals and your precious Louis Dean...what could be better?
Nothing!
Sue

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's so good to see you in your happy place again! Enjoy every moment.

MadSnapper said...

i can't believe you made it there or the fact you missed 3 months there. you know i love those mops. so good to see them and rufus. that is one beautiful chicken. LD looks so happy and handsome, country living suits both of you. my first time seeing someone saw wood for a fire and what a super idea. jealous of the fire

Anonymous said...

Great news! Youall look so good at your happy place.
The animals all look good!!
Sending love!Trudy

Brenda said...

Your happy place. Mine is my little tiny minimalist condo a street or two over from my son and family. Florida is indeed paradise...fantastic here on the Gulf...glad you have your country to visit...and the critters...enjoy every minute with your sweet husband...love your blog...love your writing and your painting.

Pam said...

It is my opinion, that the best place to be is in the country! It is always a happening place! Your hubby looks like he was having the time of his life!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

BeachGypsy said...

Welcome back to the country Pam!!--- so glad you're back! Love all the animal pictures. I'll be around EARLY tomorrow morning (noon-thirty) for a cup of coffee on the porch, ok? Hugs!

Susie said...

Linda, Tell LD "Careful with that saw" . If he cuts himself, you'll have to stitch him up like one of your quilts. LOL He's probably so happy there so he can work, work, work. I know you like to feed the animals. So many little goats. I can remember raking one neighbor's apples to feed to his mom's goats ( she goatsat for her grands). They will practically eat anything. :) Be safe. blessings love you guys, XOXO, Susie

Wanda said...

Some things are just worth waiting for! The Ranch is one of them.
I can understand why you and Louis Dean love it so much. And such a welcome from all the "critters' Love the goats!!

Louis Dean looks wonderful. So glad he is doing so well and you can continue to have your wonderful trips to the ranch.

Just haven't had the desire or things to post about...perhaps soon I will post again.

Love and Hugs.