Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Tuesday Treasures and My Sweet Summer!

 We had an appointment on Tuesday morning to see Louis Dean's neurologist and used our parking placard for the very first time!


We were able to park smack dab in front of the entrance to the medical building!!!


We had a good visit and he got a good check up!
The visit was necessary in order to continue to get his dementia medicine.
He looks confused in this pic but that's because he was the one pushing the button to take it!

The doctor says he is still in the early stages and that the Memantine is working to slow down the dementia so that's a good thing!

Summer came to town and she took this picture of me as I brought Louis Dean home.


I am wearing a top that belonged to Brenda's mom.....and I carried a purse that Nita carried.

We met up with Brenda at the thrift store!


I fell in love with these pretty plates!
And I think I am now stocked up on candles - however, one can never have too many!


These four cushions are now on my sofa in the living room.
I had a couple that had been wore past the stage of shabby chic so I removed them and added these - every other one. Looks really good!


I liked this cute top and am wearing it as I write tonight's journal entry with a pair of short leggings.


You can't really SEE this table I got last week for just $13!
I moved things around in the foyer and took out the antique Singer sewing machine.
My sweet neighbors helped me get it out to the curb then Stephanie came in to see my foyer.
By the time we finished visiting for a few minutes and went back outside - it was gone!
It's like magic the way things disappear on the curb!


I made a good dinner Tuesday night and we watched a movie -


It was good and even Louis Dean enjoyed it.


I'll continue to use this recipe book the rest of the week and pick out another one next week!

Today was a Stay-at-home one and this afternoon Summer came over to work on our front door!


There's nothing that girl cannot fix!!


She will be heading back to Arkansas tomorrow but we had two good visits for my Mom Heart is full!

 I am sitting in the sewing room writing and it is RAINING!! As in heavy and I am loving it!
I got out this morning and filled three giant trash bags with clippings and brush and debris!
I should have three more sacks by next Wednesday for trash pick up!
We go back to twice weekly service in December and I am so happy about that!


I nearly forgot to include the rat traps Louis Dean made today!
He's so proud of himself!
The rats crawl on the wire out to eat the peanut butter on the can and it rolls and they fall into the water. I know it works because he made some at the ranch earlier this year!

Now I think I will go outside and watch it rain for a bit.


Then I will come back and work on my Christmas painting for awhile!
Hope the power stays on!











14 comments:

Brenda said...

Send some ran here…prayers brenda

Brenda said...

Rain…oops these old fingers..the birthday just came.

Granny Marigold said...

What I can see of your new table is really nice. I think whoever scooped up your antique Singer sewing machine must be so pleased. It's so much fun to find new treasures and pass old ones along so someone else can enjoy them.
Those rat traps seem quite effective. I wish we could devise a raccoon trap. Sure could use one around here. Granny M

Ginny Hartzler said...

Congrats on the rain! We still need quite a bit. I love your new hot pink top!!! Also, really good news about Louis Dean!

MadSnapper said...

we need rain so badly and would be so grateful if we got a day of it. the only rain we have had comes in 5 minute heavy sprinkles. a good pour down even a all day pour down would be nice. minus lighting though. i love the 13 dollar table, great bargain. we have the same curb thing. we like to put good things out there and see how long before it disapears. we can watch through the living room window and we like to see the excitement of who ever finds the treasure on the curb. we have a neighbor about 10 house down that puts things that are like new out in the garbage can. sometimes if they are not in the can we bring them home and sit them on our curb . this week they put not one but TWO golf bads, like brand new, full of golf clubs, and the clubs even had furry covers on them. they had dropped both bags down in the huge can, or we would have brought them here. we think they rent oneof their bedrooms out and when the renters leave, they leave their things and they just dump them at the curb. almost every month or so they throw out new things. especilly childrens things. the house accross the street has a 3 month old and last week they put a Real Wooden Cradle/bassinet, a beautiful one, in the garbage pile and we watched a man dig it out. not sure why they don't at least put it out so people can see it and save it

Rita said...

Glad LD's appointment went well. :)
I agree--one can never have too many candles. ;)
Someone will love that old Singer!
Yes--that was a good movie! I like seeing some movies lately with seniors starring in them.
Summer is just a godsend! Our Leah is like that. She can fix just about anything, too. They are such a blessing!!
Enjoy the rain!! :)

photowannabe said...

I'm grateful you got a good soaking. We need the rain so badly too. but we have another heat wave coming this weekend.
I am so over HOT !!!
Your Summer is a doll. She rocks the repairs for you.
Love your treasures
Happy you finally got your placards. It is going to make such a difference in your lives.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, You sound busy all the time. I love that LD is working on the traps. Using his brain power. Great . I know what you mean about curb treasures. I saw piano last week. Oh boy it was all I could do not to snap it up. It found a new home , drove by later and it was gone. We are having rain today. We need it and it is cooling off. Blessings to all of you, love, xoxo, Susie

Deanna Rabe said...

Lots of good things happening. Glad LD is doing so well. Praise God for that!

Summer is amazing. She has a birthday soon I think, right? She and I are the same age!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good to read that Louis Dean's appointment went well and that the medication is working well, Linda. I had heard about the rains that finally came your way. Your thrift store finds continue to amaze!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

If that Singer sewing machine you put out was anything like the one my grandmother used to have, it's a real collectible. What a wonderful find for whoever took it.

Donna said...

Glad LDs checkup went well! Your blouse is pretty as are all the things you got at the thrift store!
Recipe sounds good...and wishing my daughter could fix things! Lolol...she usually comes to me!lol
We got much needed rain, as well!
hugs
Donna

obscure said...

Oh, I loved the book Our Souls At Night!

Anonymous said...

Oh! That Santa kiss painting!! I hope I get one this year!
You have been busy as a bee. Wonder how the bees at the ranch are doing?
Love, Trudy