Sunday, January 15, 2023

A January Sunday With June.....

Here I go again!
I was just about to publish tonight's journal entry - when I lost the entire thing EXCEPT the very last word!

Tabitha got out yesterday before I left for the girls' hockey game and it was stressful for her AND me getting her back inside.

This morning I woke up thinking about letting both cats out in the backyard for a few hours to let them explore.


I think they had a wonderful time!


We had fun watching them and stayed out in the gazebo where we did our Bible reading and watched church online. Louis Dean wasn't feeling too steady on his feet so it worked out well for him.


He was in a playful mood today!
Since we were hanging outside to keep an eye on the cats, he filled the ponds up as well as the birdfeeders and watered some plants for me.
I gave him a good haircut yesterday so that's debris hanging on the fence making his hair look wonky in the photo.

He had to go back to Walgreens for yet another Rx pickup.
His insurance isn't allowing 90 day refills anymore so he has to make trip after trip to get his meds.
He takes 4 Rx pills a day plus eye drops. While he was gone, I put fresh sheets on our bed and put a pistachio crack cake in the oven.


Instead of using one big Bundt pan, I used a beehive muffin pan and one of rectangle mini loaves pan. 


Instead of using the icing, I just dusted a sprinkle of powdered sugar over the tops and packaged them up to give to the workers at the nursing home when we went up to visit June this afternoon.
And I made enough for June and the family as well!

I first went to memory care and gave Bella a cake.
She was the one who let us out after we accidently got locked in to that unit trying to find the exit yesterday.


I met June's nurse and others who are taking care of her and handed out goodie bags after introducing myself. Everyone was so kind and I feel good about where June is.


Kimmy and her sister Traci was there as well as Loose (don't know if I'm spelling that right!) who is a dear friend of Kimmy and June's.


It was fun like a party and Louis Dean played the guitar and sang.
I bumbled around like I Love Lucy but it was all fun.
Another resident and one of the nurses came in to listen to him, too!


June loved to hear him play and she smiled and nodded her head.

It was starting to get dark when we left to go the less than a mile home and we managed to make it to Little Caesars for hot wings and breadsticks and got back to the driveway before total darkness fell!

Louis Dean has been watching the football games recorded earlier today while I have been writing - twice!

I think I'll go take my shower and start another load of laundry before doing our medicine boxes for a month. That will take a good solid hour and more so maybe I will watch a program on my laptop.









15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your little cakes are beautiful! I bet you made the day for several people. We each take far more than four pills a day! I am counting now, and I take at least 14 a day least 14. I package mine up in a large pill keeper, but have to use what is marked as a week's worth just for one day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Linda, you are so kind to everyone. I love reading about you and Louis Dean and all the fun and loving things you do. I hope you both have a great week. See you again soon!

Unknown said...

Between your crack cake and Louis Dean's guitar playing I'd say that's a win-win for all. Prayers for your friend June that she is feeling better soon.

Rita said...

When you lose something try hitting ctrl+z right away. My son showed me that and it has recovered a lot of things for me when I am writing!

Deanna Rabe said...

What a wonderful way to make your cake! You are very thoughtful of the people who do the hard work of caring for our loved ones. I am taking a lesson from you, if we ever need this kind of care.

I bet the kitties had a grand time in the backyard.

Louis Dean's music is a gift to people, and you are gift in yourself! Just think about those people who don't have anyone to visit and sing to them. You and LD are going to be a favorite there! And so close to your house! Win-Win!

MadSnapper said...

in blogger when it goes poof, ctrl Z most of the time brings it back, that includes the photos that poof... it works in email and word also. but not when making comments on others blogs. the residents in the nursing home where rich was loved to hear people come in and sing. it is good for LD and for the residents for him to sing. sorry the kittie got out.

Chatty Crone said...

Beehive muffin pan - boy that caught my attention. Do you have a relative in that nursing home or do you just go to visit? Sing? Very nice.

Vee said...

You brightened the day for a lot of people.

Don't get me started about the changes in insurance
and healthcare. Sometimes, it feels as if we are
going backward.

That's a good haircut you gave Louis Dean. You know
how to do everything.

Wanda said...

My heart is so touched with your visits to the nursing home. What a sweet time of fellowship and music you and Louis Dean had. I know the nurses and staff loved your goodie bags. Thouhtful and kind. Your visits remind me so much of the years I visited Elizabeth weekly until she passed away. She was almost like a second mom to me, since I was missing my own dear mother.

I had to chuckle at L.D and his "hair' sitting in the back yard. I too give Don his haircuts, but he doesn't have much to work with, HaHa. How nice that Louis Dean has a beautiful head of hair.

You are aways in my thoughts! Love you.

photowannabe said...

You have the heart of an angel, Linda.
Everyone and especially June were blessed by your visit.
Goodies and music..the perfect prescription.
I cut Dave's hair too and had noticed LD's "hair-do" before you explaned it was decor on the fence..haha
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

My but you get a lot done in a day. I hadn't heard of beehive muffin pans but I looked them and they are really neat! I can imagine hoe good those cakes are ( but I have a terrible sweet tooth). I hope you have a great week.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You and Louis Dean sure brightened the day for a lot of people, especially your friend June. The cake looked so good, Lind, and sure it tasted even better. I just did a couple of laundry loads today and it is so good to know it's done and put away until the next week! Almost forgot to mention that Louis Dean's haircut looked great!

Susie said...

Linda, I love the little boy's haircut. LOL You and LD are just wonderful to your friends and neighbors. And all you meet along the way. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

Donna said...

I'm sure your June loved listening to LD play and sing!
SO kind...
Hope you're doing well!
hugs
Donna

Hootin Anni said...

Remember next time hold down cntrl/z at the same time!!
Love the kitty portraits and your time spent with family & friends!!
We love you to bits, Linda
Btw...congrats to the cowboys!!!!!