Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday Traditions!

Ruth Ann and I celebrated our first Tuesday together in a  long time by keeping all our Tuesday Traditions! As is our custom, I called Ruth Ann this morning after I was half a cup of coffee into waking up. Together we laid out our game plan.


We combined lunch with our movie at Starplex! Sully was the film of choice and, for fifty cents, what a treat to watch it again for me. It was Ruth Ann's first viewing and she really liked it!
Hot dog and a Senior combo of small popcorn and small drink was lunch.
AMC recently purchased Starplex and they have upgraded to fancy beverage machines with all sorts of buttons as you narrow down your desired drink from a wide range of offerings!


From there we hit up the Goodwill.
That large wicker trunk was less than $5!
You should have seen Louis Dean's face when he opened the car door to haul it out!


A spring wreath to be used in just a few short months.


More spring 'debris.'


A nice fall wreath for my September collection!


Four place mats from Pottery Barn Kids for $0.50 each!


I spied these bright happy sunflowers the minute I walked in!


I scored on the Debbie Mumm Christmas Sledding Characters plates!
$0.75 each for 6!

I bought a metal Snowman calendar that never made it home so it must have gone back into the store in the buggy. Oh, well. Perhaps someone will buy it a second time and love it!


In keeping with our Tuesday Traditions - we did art tonight.
Yes, I am STILL working on Santa paintings!
This one is mine to keep and therefore, the last one to finish!
Hopefully he will be mostly done by next week.


Ruth Ann put her pattern on for her large Santa painting and then she and Sherry visited with us while I worked on mine. It was a lovely evening!


As they were leaving, they paused to look at the ornaments on the living room tree.
They were admiring two white, intricately crocheted ones.....a star and an angel.
Then I brought over the new one for this year I had just received today.
Jamie chooses a special design each year.
What a blessing to receive one of her creations!
Some people just spread love everywhere they go!











12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great Goodwill haul you got! Especially the plates, fall wreath, trunk, and placemats! I am sure your return from these trips is a constant surprise to Louis Dean!

jamarson1 said...

I'm glad your back at it again! As always, I love to see what your up too:)

Latane Barton said...

What a nice outing with a dear friend. I loved 'Sully' too and saw it with my gentleman friend. Your paintings are coming along great. Have a great week.

Susie said...

Linda, So good you could be with Ruth Ann. You two love so much of the same kinds of things. So good you are finishing the paintings. It probably felt good to get out for the day. Hope everyone is feeling well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Estelle's said...

I certanly do enjoy tagging along on your shopping excursions! Darling little Debbie Mumm plates! Sounds like a good day!

Changes in the wind said...

I loved that movie:) The plates are so cute and perfect for the quads...

Arlene G said...

I had been missing the Adventures of Linda and Ruth Ann!! Oh those plates...what a bargain. I need to hit up some of the Good Will stores around here to find things for my little house.

MadSnapper said...

I wish I could have seen his face when he saw the trunk.. once again you found all these bargains, I am thinking when our bring home new stuff, you have to donate one old thing for each item brought home.. what think ye?

Vee said...

Oh I love it when I know what you are up to...just the sort of Tuesday I might have predicted...course I don't know what you're up to today. ๐Ÿ™‚

Curtains in My Tree said...

Love the Debby Mum plates also the Santa plates.
I had so much fun at Gooodwill stores in Oregon when I was there,hoping to see all your Santa painting when your done.
I liked everything in your shopping basket and that big wicker basket also. I have been looking for those lately

Merry Christmas

Janice in Missouri

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Linda, sounds like such a fun time with your friend. You sure did great at the GoodWill. Those Debbie Mum plates are a treasure. Great wreaths too. Love the red crocheted star ornament. Have fun painting your gorgeous Santas. Have a nice weekend ahead. Blessings xo

Aloha Acres said...

So glad you are able to get back out and in your routine.

I haven't seen Sully yet. Looking forward to it.