Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Rest and Recover Mode......

Louis Dean and I came home from Fort Worth on Christmas afternoon and went into Rest and Recover Mode! There is nothing on our agenda until New Year's Day when we will go to Summer and Sabrina's for our Christmas with them.
I lingered long in bed on Monday - so long that it was afternoon when I finally got up.
I didn't go far - just to the den with my coffee and watched Russell Crowe in A Good Year.
I'm recording several of 'my' kind of movies to watch this week.

Louis Dean got hungry for Chinese food so we decided to shop for next year's light supply and then eat at The King Buffet.


I use white lights all year round and buy a ton of them at the after Christmas sales.


He is such a good sport!


Another year's worth! DONE!


On to his reward!!!


I hit up the salad bar......I eat a lot lighter than HE does!


HE goes for the heavy stuff and lots of it!!!
I think he had three plates!


It made him happy, though!
AND we didn't have to cook or eat leftovers!

I came home and took a nap and got up just in time to watch the Cowboy game!


It was exciting!!

I went to bed at 10:45 last night and didn't get OUT of bed until nearly 2:00 this afternoon!


While I wasn't asleep all that time, I WAS resting!
 And reading. And playing Scrabble and Words With Friends. 
When I finally left the bedroom it was well past lunchtime so I fixed us each a plate of leftovers which looked just exactly like Christmas Eve Dinner!
We watched a Fixer Upper and I went back to bed for another nap!


It was dark when I woke up!
I fixed a cup of Cocoa Plus from the gift I received at the Fort Worth Chinese Christmas Tree.
Leah brings the best presents!!! I may not have got her quilt this year but this was a good second place prize! It came with another bottle of Kahlua for the times I want to make Coffee Plus!

It's time for another movie and then I will read another chapter in 'kinsey and me' by Sue Grafton.
It's a book of short stories and I am really enjoying it.

Hope you are all recovering as nicely as I am!!!
It will be a good thing to start the New Year all rested and ready to go!!


13 comments:

Deb said...

Recovery mode it good...reflecting on the month from Thanksgiving through Christmas...reflecting on the year and looking forward to what may come in 2017...love you sweet lady!

Nita said...

I'm so glad you're getting to rest and recover, you go 90 to nothing most of the time . Glad you're taking a moment to go at a slower pace . Enjoy the down time while you can .

Linda said...

Sometimes the mind, as well as the body, needs a little time out to rest and catch up. Sounds like Summer may be doing better, I certainly hope that's true. A week in the country should be good for both of you. I would despair at the though of coming home to all those Christmas decoration but it sounds like you have a plan. Actually a lot of those things are appropriate until February. Remove the Santas and poinsettias and you've got 'winter' decorations. I always have a hard time thinking of anything to put out for the month of January.

Vee said...

Rest and recovery are so important. I felt so poorly yesterday that I spent much of the afternoon napping. I hardly knew when my daughter was here to help with electronics. I just napped through it.

Wanda said...

Recovery is a good word. Especially after all the month of December. You and Louis Dean don't stop for the whole month...But look what exciting things you do and how much you give of your life to others and family.

I was in "rest" mode today, but didn't stay in bed. Had to take Molly for her grooming, but did a lot of reading and colored in my new colorbook I got for Christmas.

Three pieces of Persimmon Bread and a small container of toffee are left..as soon as I consume that I'll start my diet. HaHa.

Happy New Year!!! May God bless us all in 2017.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We have a King's Buffet here, but have never eaten there. It looks good, and is that salmon I see? Wish I could rest, but tomorrow we have a birthday, then a family reunion Thursday. Then on to Costco Friday to pick up my glasses. That's a lot of lights! Do yours only last for one season? After Christmas is the best time to buy them!

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. Don't you just love how Words With Friends now lets you swap up to four letters without losing a turn!!

Linda Reeder said...

You are apparently very good at R&R. That much sleep and inactivity would make me feel awful. I've gotta' move.

Stacey said...

I admire your resting! That's not something that's easy for me. Looking forward to a wonderful new year. ;)

Kathy said...

That's a lot of lights you bought! But then you use a lot of lights. Glad you are getting some rest and recovery time. I think we all need it about now.

BeachGypsy said...

after the busyness and go go go of the holidays--it's good to rest and recover! I like to sleep, read, write friends, and watch t/v. The holidays throw so much at us...being quiet and contemplating is good for us

MadSnapper said...

I forgot to go and buy a few white lights, we burn ours all year, but only a string of 20 that stays in the nook. but they burn from 5 am to 8 pm .. thanks for the reminder. good thing to do the R AND R, you have been a busy bee...

Bev said...

What a great couple days!!