Friday, December 23, 2016

The Eve of Christmas Eve......

It is late as I sit here by the open French doors tonight.
 Light rain is falling and it is about 53 degrees and will not drop
 more than another degree or two for the low.
We've been preparing for Christmas Eve when my children and their families 
will be arriving in the late afternoon. 

We did all the baking and cooking today and will just pop things in the oven to finish right before dinner. 


Louis Dean cooked the turkey in the roaster out in the gazebo which freed the kitchen up for all the things I was cooking. 
Company Mashed Potatoes
Cornbread dressing
Fruit salad
Broccoli/rice casserole
Sweet potato casserole
Pumpkin Pie
Red Velvet cake

We even prepared the veggie tray and snack things for when everyone first arrives.
Tomorrow all I will need to cook is the cream cheese corn.
Of course, I must vacuum the house, clean the bathrooms and get ready.
I would rather work hard today and be rested and relaxed tomorrow!

Louis Dean gave me a bit of a scare today.
He developed a 'splitting headache' out of nowhere and then it went away.
Then it happened again. I took his blood pressure and it was pretty high so I gave him a nitroglycerin tablet and that brought it down quick. I put him to bed and gave him two Tylenol and he slept for a little while. When he woke up he was fine.
The odd thing was this happened right after I prayed for those who have lost their spouses this year and are experiencing their first Christmas without them. I'm thinking of a gentleman whose wife of 51 years was killed earlier this week in a terrible car accident. I'm thinking of our precious beloved Vee.....and my friend Melba although this is her second Christmas without JW. I'm thinking of Reaoma who lost her husband 4 years ago and is now in an assisted living home unable to see, walk or even stand. We never know how long we have with our loved ones so we must treasure each day....each moment. I thanked God for allowing Louis Dean and me to bustle around each other in the kitchen, bumping into one another and having to take turns at the sink. I'm grateful we are home together tonight.

Summer is the only one who won't be here tomorrow.


She is in beautiful Puerto Rico!



It is a real tropical paradise! She sent me a video of the waves crashing onto the shore.
No better sound in all the world.


Flowers are everywhere.....


Rayne was playing Duck Duck Goose with the critters!


Summer still holds onto Christmas traditions even in PR!
Sabrina and her family fell in love with Sugarplums and they make them every year.
Sabrina was the first one to call them 'Chocolate BUTTER!' which is pretty much what they are!


Tonight Summer attended a Christmas party in a fancy hotel down there!
Doesn't she look beautiful??


Very elegant!


What a lovely room!


She said the food was as delicious as it was attractive!


Ah!!!! 
What a wonderful place to spend Christmas!!!!
We will have OUR Christmas together when they get home next week!!

Now I am going to end this journal entry and head straight to bed.
Christmas will soon be here!!!






17 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hugs Linda and LD. Have a wonderful time with your families tomorrow.
Joy

Nancy Chan said...

Hello Linda. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, LD and love ones. Hugs & kisses!

BeachGypsy said...

Happy Christmas Eve!

MadSnapper said...

summer does look beautiful and wow on the trip she is on, that hotel is gorgeous. things like LD had happen scare me silly and the first thing I said to bob when we woke up today, is I woke up thinking about our friend Gene Gallo who wakes up on Chrismtas eve mourning his wife that died 5 days ago in their carport. he came home from work for lunch and found her crushed by her car. she pulled half way in the garage and got out without turning off the car and left it in gear and was killed by the car, she had been there for 2 hours before he found her. you are so right, we never know what each moment witll bring and life can change forever in a split second.

Changes in the wind said...

What a special trip for Christmas and wished I was coming for dinner:) Merry Christmas to you all.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Merry Christmas, Linda and Louis Dean!

Prayers for you! You've shared such good wisdom, here too, to cherish our lives together.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful trip for Summer---Summer in Winter in Summer-like conditions!

I am glad Louis Dean is feeling better. Those kinds of things are always scary--especially when you think of mini-strokes, etc., that start with a headache sometimes.

Merry Christmas to you and your crew! xo Diana

Arlene G said...

The merriest of Christmases to you and Louis Dean, Linda. Your blog is one of the first ones I look at when you have a new post.

peggy said...

I stopped at a store yesterday and I asked the checker about her Christmas. She said she lost her mother this year and it was really tough. We can't love our family enough while we have them. Summer is indeed beautiful and what a nice vacation for her! Give everyone a hug from your unknown-to-them blogger friend.

Susie said...

Linda, I am praying for LD. I do pray for my blog family too. I want to wish you, LD, the children and grandkids a glorious Christmas. Please take time to relax. Blessings to all, xoxo,love you, Susie

Estelle's said...

Merry Christmas Linda to you and those you love! What lovely PR photos. Wishing you very happy and blessed day! LD amazes me at his baking skills!

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas Linda and Louis Dean. I have really enjoyed catching up with you this morning. Your quads are growing up so fast and they enjoy coming to your house. They are what keeps us young and help when we need that precious time the most. I love seeing the pictures. Have a very Merry Christmas with your family. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley

Ginny Hartzler said...

Linda, I am praying that this is just an isolated incident with Louis Dean, and will not happen again. I hope Summer is having a blast and is pain free! Well, I don't know about you, but I am totally exhausted, and it isn't even Christmas day yet! Tonight will be CHURCH and I will get to rest there, and have a wonderful candlelight ceremony. you bee photo is excellent! What pretty flowers! Can't wait to see what you got the quads and how your Christmas was. Merry Christmas to my wonderful blog friend!!

Jan said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Vee said...

Is that what sugarplums are? I never knew that. I'll be scrolling around for that recipe. You folks are the busiest two, Hope that even as I type this, you are in the middle of happy family times. I am sorry about Louis Dean's upset and glad that you were there to nurse him right back to good health. I know that we widows scare wives, but don't even think about such things other than to be prayed up. God is not giving any husband his marching orders based on some other person's. My prayer is that we'll all get raptured outta here. =D

Merry Christmas, kids! Behave yourselves now...

Jodi W. said...

I too have everyone for Christmas Eve and love it. I also have almost everything done beforehand so I can enjoy our precious family time. My parents are getting older and Dad is not well so we have to treasure the time we have. I hope you and ALL your loved ones have thee most joyous Christmas!

Penny said...

I did the same Linda, worked like mad pre christmas so I could relax a little on the day. Sorry to hear of LD's headaches. Hope they have settled down. You are so right, every day is precious X