Saturday, December 10, 2016

Friday With Friends!



Friday was a special day, indeed, for me!

Photo Courtesy of Pat!

Meet my friend, Pat from Gypsy Heart!!!
We have been Facebook Friends and Blogging Buddies for several years now but this was the first time we have met in person. It was just as I imagined! I already knew Pat and her heart and she already knew mine. Our hearts met long ago.


We visited all through our salad lunch and Louis Dean even joined us toward the end, although he has an aversion to 'Ladies Food!' Apparently the chicken salad was hearty enough for him!


Louis Dean played Pretty Paper for her!
I recorded it but it was too long for Blogger to post.
That's the reason I usually just take snippets.
I know there's a way to do whole songs - I just don't know how to do it!

The afternoon simply flew by!
It seemed like we had just got started when she had to leave for home in order to beat the traffic.
This was the first of many visits to come!

Friday was a good day to celebrate, not only a new friend, but old ones as well.
Candie was Amber's first synchronized swimming coach when she joined the Pirouettes of Texas at 6 years of age. Candie's daughter, Megan, was swimming on the team back then and later became Amber's coach. These two ladies are so dear to our family!


Meet Brady, Megan's son!
He had a basketball game earlier and they came over right after it was over.
His team WON! He was excited!


It has turned cold in Texas so I made a big pot of Taco Soup!
Perfect for a December Supper!
"It was fun like a PARTY!"
That's a quote I picked up from Megan.
She IS a party!


Payton is her beautiful daughter!
While she played Go Fish with her brother......


Candie, Megan and I played my favorite card game - NUTS!!!
Candie was a pretty laid back player and casually won most hands that night!
The first time she quietly said, "I think I'm out of cards."
I think I only won twice but I shouted NUTS with great enthusiasm.
 So did Megan on the hands she won!
 She and I really get into it!


I was happy to spend the entire day with Friends!


This is from the dining room 'Cardinal Tree.'
When Brady was little, he took a clipboard and roamed the entire house counting Christmas Trees.
I haven't counted how many I have this year yet - but I will.


It's nice to have the decorating done early enough to simply sit back and enjoy it all month long.


I think I decorated every single room except the utility room.
This was one of the first things I did - washed all the glassware and added greenery.
Poinsettias make anything look Christmasy!


I will close with this amazing hand sequined poinsettia.
I have several hanging on the branches of the Cardinal Tree as well as several on the dining room table around the candles. I bought a whole BOX of these hand sewn beauties at a garage sale years ago for $2! Candie, Pat and  I all marveled at the amount of time someone spent on these.

It is now Saturday as I write.
Last night I went to bed around midnight and slept better than I can remember in recent times!
It was 10:30 this morning before I woke up!
Louis Dean and I have spent most of the day in the den by the fireplace!
We watched Coat of Many Colors with Dolly Parton and now the Army/Navy game is on.


I fixed an 'almost like Christmas' lunch dinner.

I am loving the cold winter weather we are having!!!
Stay warm! Have fun!



20 comments:

Susie said...

Linda, I had seen on Pat's blog that she came to visit you at your house. I was so happy for both of you. She , like you has a good heart. You are having fun...that's the good part of having everything cleaned and decorated too. I love seeing all your beautiful displays. Hope you and LD have a great evening. Ted and I had a busy day...so we may call it a day early here. Blessings to you and LD, xoxo,love you guys, Susie

Arlene G said...

How fun!! I will have to check out Pat's blog. Love all the Holly Jolly at your house Linda. Wish I lived near by so I could pop in!!

Terra said...

What fun you are having and everything in your photos looks warm and sparkly.

Vee said...

I'd wish you the same, but you like being chilly and you're already having fun! So glad that you got to spend quality time with a blogging buddy, There's nothing like them!

Stacey said...

Linda, you are the hospitality queen! You inspire me all the time with the yummy meals you whip up. So good to see you and Pat together!! We would love it if you girls would join us some time for one of the blogger gatherings. I think we might have one in Feb. or March in Frisco. :)

Aloha Acres said...

I have a blogging friend that is actually coming to visit me next month. It sounds odd at first, but I'm so excited. Like you and your friend, I just feel like I know her heart and I'm ready to have some real face time with her. This internet stuff really can be a blessing, can't it!?

Kathy said...

How fun to meet one of your blog friends. I hope to do that someday. A couple of them live close so hopefully that will happen. And then to have your friends over too. You really are a hostess. Your house looks so cheerful and festive. I love looking at your decorations.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love meeting blog friends! Your house is so pretty and ready for company!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is how Christmas should be! With friends and family. You HAVE to see the latest dolly Parton movie, Christmas Of Many Colors: Circle Of Love". It is even better than the first one! The picture of Brady in front of the gorgeous tree is spellbinding! Isn't it just so wonderful and special meeting a blog friend for the first time? It is so exciting!

mmt said...

Hi I read all the time but first time posting a comment - you need to put all of LD's performances on YouTube. It's so easy to create a channel and then upload. They will be there forever and you can share the channel with your friends. You can also upload him reading his favorite stories to the quads. I found your through Ambers blog and she is lucky to have you as her mom!

Sweet Tea said...

Stopping by to read your blog and catch up with you.
What lovely photos. Glad you're enjoying the winter weather.

Linda Reeder said...

Everything you do is so lovely to look at.
We are enjoying having the decorating done too, and much of the baking. This evening we cheered on our Sounders, who just won the Major League Soccer Cup, the Super Bowl of soccer.

Linda said...

Oh how lovely to meet a friend that you blog with.
Enjoyed this lovely post. A gal from Canada!

MadSnapper said...

I have a red sequined heart like your poinsettia.. lots of time to sew even a heart. I think your post today was "fun like a party" wonder where I heard that one????

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a wonderful get together my friend. It must be the ultimate joy to meet a dear blog friend !
The food you did looks great that it even appealed LD, lol.. I love the two table settings and your house is so warm
Happy Christmas season.
FABBY

peggy said...

hi Linda, it's so nice to meet all your friends! I popped over to Pat's page and visited her. Friends are family that you choose!!!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Linda! I hopped over from Pat's blog to say hello. Lucky you to get to meet that sweet lady! It looks like you have a lot of fun around there- now I need to find out how to play NUTS.
Happy Holidays to you!

Carole said...

Well, Linda - this is just not good enough - an undecorated room! How on earth did that happen? You would be appalled at my lack of decoration! I do have my lovely nativity set out all year round though. Have a great week. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Estelle's said...

How lovely you two were able to arrange a visit. Both such talented and vibrant gals! I know you both must have talked and laughed the afternoon away! Loved it!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Linda, what a special meeting for you and Pat in your beautiful home. I just came from Pat's post and loved her photos and seeing your gorgeous painted Santa collection on the wall. Love it and seeing your beautiful works of art. Such a talent you are!!! Looks like a special day was enjoyed by you girls and I love the photo of you two pretty ladies together. Looks like a lot of great weekend fun happened too. Enjoy the week and be blessed!! xo