Friday, December 2, 2016

Our Bedroom All Dressed Up For Christmas!

After a solid 8 days of decorating, I am very close to being done.
Louis Dean and I were talking this evening and I realized I haven't even been out of the house since we came home from Fort Worth on Thanksgiving Day. 

I haven't had a bit of make up in over a week!
Granted, I was pretty sick with these Texas allergies and that may be one reason it has taken me so long to get this decorating done. I've had to take lots and lots of breaks. 

The arthritis in my right hand seems to have worsened in recent weeks making it difficult to so much as tie a bow. I exercise my hands trying to keep the fingers bending as much as possible for as long as possible. I'm finding that as I get older, I'm having to make adjustments here and there on one thing or another. Nothing ever stays the same. For anyone. It's good to be flexible not only in body but mind as well. That's one reason I gave myself permission to do a bit less this year. Gasp! I did not use every single bit of Christmas debris that I have! There are still tubs of it - not many but a few - still packed away. I used only the things that I really like this year. 


I think last year was the first time I really decorated our bedroom and we liked it so much I did it again. I put fresh sheets on the bed and cleaned everything up. I confess that today was the first time I've made up the bed in a week. What was the point? I kept returning to rest 'for just a few minutes!'


This year we have tiny trees on each side of the bed.
This is Louis Dean's side. He is so secure in his manhood, he doesn't even mind the lace and frills and he kind of likes the candle.


I slid his book and glasses up under the pillow when I took this picture.
I'm just now remembering that so I better go pull them out of there so he wont go looking for them.


The mitten garland was in the den last year.


But it looks cheery in here!


A couple of red stockings, some Christmas books in the rack and a tiny tree on my side of the bed.


Louis Dean and I flip who sleeps on which side of the bed off and on. When we use the attic fan, I sleep on THIS side because it's closest to the door and my side gets colder.
When I had the surgeries on my toes I went from one side to the other and back again.


It feels good to have the bedroom done AND it smells so good after it's cleaned.


The bathroom got a good cleaning, too!


It has its very own tiny tree!

Next was the guest room and we put clean sheets on the bed and set up the Christmas tree with colored LED lights on it for the quads to decorate tomorrow evening.

All that's left is Louis Dean's bathroom.
You will be happy to know that it's not heavily loaded with debris!

There's still one small tree, one medium tree and one big tree still to decorate.
All will be done soon.

It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!


19 comments:

Linda said...

Your bedroom is very pretty. I love the red and white. I've been in bed with positional vertigo but plan to hit the ground running tomorrow. I only have out a tiny bit of debri. Perhaps tomorrow I'll add more.

Linda Reeder said...

Oh my! You decorate everything, everywhere! Lovely!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So pretty! I like at least a touch of Christmas in each of my rooms!

Kathy said...

Beautiful! I never decorate the bedroom but maybe I should!

Blondie's Journal said...

How beautiful, Linda! I love the lighting...it shows off everything so lovely and I like that your bedding is white...a good highlight. It's cozy and comfortable. I might leave this year round!

I hope your hand feels better. You know that I broke my arm in three places a year and a half ago...very close to the wrist. Left arm and I'm left handed---my 'great fortune' as always! It hurts on rainy and humid days, and at night I wake up and need to flex my wrist. I can imagine how time will make it worse and I'm so afraid to lose the ability of my dominate hand.

I'm a great napper but I hate to not make my bed. I keep a lot of really comfy throws around...and I mean REALLY cozy ones, not 'for show' and i use them That way if someone pops over all I need to do is fold it up. And I'm really happy as I've got a few snuggly favorites that i drag everywhere with me on cold days, like Linus!!! lol!

Jane x

Laura said...

Your decorating is-as always- just stunning.
I hope your allergies and your hand feel better soon.
I know exactly what you mean.
I am doing so much less this Christmas, but it is OK- or so I tell myself!

Laura
White Spray Paint

jamarson1 said...

It looks gorgeous! I'm trying to get in the mood to decorate but we aren't going to be home for the holidays this year. Hope your feeling better

Arlene G said...

I love your Christmas Sparkle Linda. That mitten banner is so cute I just ordered a little banner from a friend on Easy and it will go on the bed in my guest bedroom. I am so enjoying everyone's Christmas home tours. I gets lots of ideas for my own decorating. Hope you are on the mend. We had colds over Thanksgiving as well and I am just getting back to normal.

MadSnapper said...

so festive and your bedroom is beautiful again. I just love the tiny tree in the bathroom.. glad you can rest now. I don't know if I could sleep on the other side of the bed.. I have all my life slept on the left side of any bed.. maybe we should shake it up. LOL

Susie said...

Linda, It looks so pretty in every room at your house. I love it all. We all know that LD could wear lace overalls and he is still the he-man hero there. LOL. Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Hootin Anni said...

I would definitely have visions of sugarplums and the nutcracker ballet dreams in a bedroom like this. Linda, this is awesome!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh Wow! Your bedroom looks like a professional came in and did it all! SO inviting, cozy,and beautiful. I love the red wreath on the window, and the mitten swag! And the tiny trees are beyond cute! You did an amazing job. I don't know how you did it. I only decorate two rooms, and am exhausted and now am on antibiotics!

Debbie said...

It was good to pop on here today and catch up some with you! It all looks soo festive and warm and cozy! I aire you having the strength and stamina to put more then one tree, and decorate every room. It takes us forever it seems to just get the one tree up, and the living room, family room and kitchen done, lol. LOVE the white bedspread and red pillows! Hope your feeling well now. Enjoy your week-end!

Aloha Acres said...

Your home is as beautiful as always. I want to decorate our bedroom for Christmas now! I can't wait to see how the quads decorate the tree in the guest bedroom.

Estelle's said...

I love it SO MUCH! How festive and warm! You have the touch Miss Linda....so creative!

Wanda said...

Linda dear, I saw your bedroom on fb, and just melted. I wanted to jump into the screen and lay on that beautiful fluffy bed and gaze at all the lovelies in the room. You are the Master Decorator....you are amazing and I don't know anyone who can compare with what you do. Love and hugs

Carole said...

HI Linda, you certainly have made a lot of progress. We are off in about an hour to our street's annual summer party - we join with our neighbours - every one brings something to eat and drink and then one of the guys dresses up as Santa and tosses sweets to the kids. All fun. Cheers Carole

BeachGypsy said...

I have had to approach the Christmas decorating in much the same manner. I guess it's just necesary as we get older...but I just choose the MOST IMPORTANT and leave the rest. I do love a prettily Christmas-y decorated bedroom, very romantic and festive. You do a great job. When I was young I put a tree up in every window. We are down to one small tree now but you know what?--it's okay. We have adjusted. I do tiny little table top trees scattered about but no more big trees. Works for us. So easier to take down and put away when the time comes. I SO HOWEVER!---still put out a manger scene, my big Christmas village with "snow", and many other small things. I also love to fill the windows with cheery window cling-on thingies, I think those are so cheerful and happy for all to see! I think what I gave up in TREES I made up FOR IN LIGHTS IN THE WINDOWS......ha ha ha LOl because we have hung alot of pretty colorful lights in the windows the past few years. Do y'all do that as well? Hope you have a real nice Sunday!

Vee said...

I'll say! It looks Merry and Bright and I know that you will enjoy it for weeks to come! (Sorry to read that your hand has become so sore...a good warm soak in Epsom salts perhaps?)