Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Waiting for the Bells to Arrive!

 March weather is always unpredictable and the perfect forecast for today changed a bit....


a little windy but Louis Dean went fishing anyway!


I put a cap on and walked around the big tank as he sat on the dock. 
The water is way down!


Winter is slowly leaving and spring is just about to wake up.


This time last year she was being downright frisky!
No green in the tops of the trees yet.
Can you see Louis Dean off in the distance?


I walked all the way around and over to the smaller tank behind the apiary.
You can see our big Red Roof Inn back there to the right!


Back up to the big tank and there's the island in the middle where Sherry and Crystal planted a tree for Dean.


This is the face of a want-to-be fisherman!


The ducks always come out to greet me whenever I go for a walk.


I'd forgotten about the new baby girl goat!


How fun is this???

I had gone down to Sherry's to borrow some butter and noticed the wind had changed.
By the time my dinner was in the crockpot cooking the sky was dark to the north and threatening rain. Dean called me and said severe weather was to be expected with wind, rain and hail. The Bells were en route here and they encountered all four seasons during their drive from Dallas.

Just before they got to Mart, the rain came down with a vengeance.
I looked out to the gate but couldn't see anything past the truck.
It didn't last much longer than 10 minutes or so.......
 

and then the light changed and calm returned!


Just in time! The Bells had arrived!


We were so happy to see them and they were happy to finally BEE here!

We had appetizers and visiting and then dinner together.
Sherry brought pasta and garlic bread down and ate with us.
Later in the evening, the kids and I played Blurt and had a great time while their parents set up  the two tents.



Spring Break!!!


We are already having so much fun!!!








15 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhh, I just KNOW fun & excitement lies ahead!!!

Rain said...

Hi Linda! ☺ I hope you have fun on your spring break with the Bells!! ☺ That baby goat is just so cute!

Susie said...

Linda, Our babies...what happened? Some big kids now !! I love that LD went fishing. I liked seeing where the hives were, as I did not know they were so close to the pond. I know you all will enjoy those kids and have fun times. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

Changes in the wind said...

Oh I hope the weather cooperates for a great time with the Bells.

Vee said...

Of course you are! What fun! (I loved hearing Amber admonish the girls just a bit. I would imagine that it would be necessary from time to time as spirits run high.)

That first photo of Louis Dean fishing is so pretty. Perhaps a future painting?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope the weather cooperates and they have a great Spring Break. Tent camping is very weather related. They are taking a big chance this time of year. Enjoy making lots of new memories !

MadSnapper said...

I wondered where they would sleep, now I know. rather them than me, tents are not my thing. I rather be in teh country home with a heater in the bathroom. LOL.. I know all of you are so excited and the dogs and goats and other critters will wonder what has happened to the noise levels. have a great spring break

Ginny Hartzler said...

The wind on your goat video is amazing! Glad they all made it through all the bad weather! Now let the fun begin!!

Carole said...

Ah, tents ... I was wondering how you were going to fit them all in... Have a great time. Cheers

Deanna Rabe said...

It's looking like spring!

How fun to have the Bell's for Spring Break! So fun for them too!

Enjoy your days together!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You will surely all be having a lot of fun on the Bell's Spring break and my how they are all growing so fast, Linda!

NanaDiana said...

I am so happy that you have spring in the offing there. We won't have anything green until at least May. Looks like LD was enjoying his fishing even with the wind. I am glad your friends made it through all four seasons and got there safe and sound.
Enjoy your day. xo Diana

Bev said...

The weather looks great! Yes you will have lots of rum as always!

photowannabe said...

I can't wait so see and read all about the Bell Adventure..
Tenting at the ranch sounds like so much fun for the kiddos.
Cuteness overload on the new kid on the block...
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

BeachGypsy said...

What a pretty pond! Looks like spring is arriving soon! love all the pictures of the animals. Glad the kids got there safely, they are gonna have a ball!! Enjoy this time! Cant wait to see more pictures.