Monday, March 28, 2022

Digging in the Dirt!

 That's one of the things Louis Dean dearly loves to do!!!

Digging in the dirt!!!


We dug up all the liriope in the very front flower bed near the front door so we could 'divide and conquer' by lining them up along the driveway flower bed.


As soon as I woke up this morning, I walked out to admire what we had accomplished yesterday and found Summer already working!
I made us a bowl of cereal and we ate that before I got dressed and went out to join her.
Digging up the 'debris' was not too hard but breaking up the ground and getting it ready to plant required Super Man Labor!!! He swooped in and made it happen!
We worked until after noon when I cried UNCLE and went in to do laundry and housework.
Summer and Louis Dean worked on until 2:00 when I insisted they come in for a salad and pizza lunch. 

There's shade out there around 4:00 but we didn't go back out until 6:00 and worked until after 8:00.

I have lived in this house since July 1967 so we have very 'established landscaping.'
It has been upgraded and changed often throughout the years but the last time was shortly after I married Louis Dean in 2005. It was time. Time to redo a few things and we are on a roll!
But that roll has stopped for now.
We have finished up what we were doing and cleaned the driveway, put away all our tools and are now regrouping.

Brother Buster will arrive here in less than 40 hours with Sister Rita and Thomas driving in 24 hours later! I am so excited!
We have stopped on the yard work and tomorrow will be an errand day - getting the car washed, grocery shopping at Aldi's and mani/pedis all around!
We can't wait for them to get here!!!


I am so grateful for every single one of my siblings...
Deanie......
Lanita
Lonnie 
Luann
Shari
Buster
Rita
Lori

I am so blessed!


12 comments:

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about an established yard. I have been here since 1980. I definitely understand.

How exciting to have your siblings come to visit you. Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about it.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful visit - the yard can wait!

Hootin Anni said...

Indeed...you are blessed!! And I can "feel" your excitement.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Wow that was a lot of hard work, thankfully you had an extra hand there helping you out. I can hardly wait until planting time here. Although most of my plants are in pots. Container gardening works best here. The only thing I have established in the ground here is a Rose of Sharon bush which I love. Enjoy the visit with your family !

Deanna Rabe said...

I'm excited for you!

I hope your visit is full of delights. I know you'll be thrilled to introduce them to your other siblings. One big family!

MadSnapper said...

the three of you come visit! our yard was established in 1989 and is still the same only worse because it needs to be redone and neither of us cares enough to do it even if we COULD do it... you are indeed blessed with all those siblings.

Arlene G said...

Can Louis Dean come to my house??? I need to put in a few things at this new house. I did order that old person kneeler from Amazon that has posts to help you get up again.lol I knew I would need it for weeding this year.

Changes in the wind said...

An established yard is a undertaking for sure and many of us have one. Excited for your company to come.

Vee said...

This is great...so much to be excited about and happy for. You're doing good work. Hope that you have the opportunity to rest and chill before your guests arrive. (I'm glad that your readers will be able to join in on the fun...eventually. 🤗 No pressure!

NanaDiana said...

Wow! That is a lot of work you got done. It will all be worth it once things are growing and established. Hope you can get some rest before your company arrives. xo Diana

photowannabe said...

You ARE Blessed dear Linda. You will have the most wonderful time with your family. These will be Golden Memories to savor forever.
Your home will be so welcoming that "they" may never want to leave...and I don't blame them one bit.
Family is what it's all about.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Carole said...

I'm quite glad i've only got 2 sisters... they're enough of a handful. Hoping you have a fab visit. Cheers