Friday, March 11, 2022

A Stay-at-Home Friday! My Favorite!!

 I love a good day where I simply stay at home!
No errands to run and no reason to leave the house.....
and it was COLD today and a bit rainy around noon so it was a perfect day to stay inside!


So I puttered and cleaned and decorated and had such a good time.
The two Santas are down from the living room wall and I added back the Umbrellas and magnolia paintings.


Loving my new Easter decorations.


The living room and foyer are both dressed up for the spring and Easter!


Little Easter things scattered here and there.


Looking from the foyer into the living room.
The mirrored wall makes the room look bigger than it is.


Can you see the three lamps looking like six?

I've been busy all day and Louis Dean has been working on his music and cleaning and organizing his room.


So we met up in the living room for our own personal Chapman Happy Hour.....
featuring a new to me wine.


I bought it on sale and it's good!
I like it a lot!


And I'm loving my easy peasy electric wine bottle opener!
I bought a battery powered can opener for arthritic hands and it works pretty well - until you need to change the batteries. That is hard and Louis Dean has to do it for me. Now I can't get it to work at all so I'm going to order a regular electric can opener.
I really appreciate a good one when I make something like Taco soup that has multiple cans to open!!


For dinner we had breaded pork loin chops ( I know - two dinners in a row featuring pork! It is what I defrosted not even knowing what it was!) plus baked potatoes and garlic green beans with garlic toast for good measure. The potatoes were really good!  I baked them in the oven and the skins were nice and crispy so Summer and I ate them like finger food - skins and all.

I'll close tonight's journal entry with a photo of the tool my brother Buster gave me that belonged to our father. I looked at it the other day and thought - why that would be perfect to use as a candle holder. Louis Dean is going to find something metal for it to sit on so I can actually burn the candles.

Only 19 days until Buster arrives here in Texas for a visit with my sister Rita and Thomas arriving the very next day! I am so excited!!

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I declare, you can find a use for ANYTHING!! I guess it is the creative artist in you.

Hootin Anni said...

Linda, it's all so lovely!! Cozy, warm, and comforting.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your house always looks warm and welcoming no natter what time of year it is. It'll look great when your family comes for a visit !

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love all the artwork. You are so talented. A day at home is always nice. See you again soon.

MadSnapper said...

you have a lot of pretty trays, you could sit the tool candle holder on a tray. everything looks like spring has sprung, now if the outside weahter would do that also...

photowannabe said...

Your home is so charming..your wall of your paintings is fabulous. I really like the one of the umbrellas in the rain and the western boots too..well !!! I like them all...
I do love a stay at home , putter around the house...just do what I want to do type of day.
19 days until family comes...it is going to be so wonderful...I can't wait to get the full report.
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com

Donna said...

I love all your decorations!! And I agree…it’s SO nice not to have to go anywhere on such a nasty day!
Enjoy all that cozyness!
Hughug
Donna

Carol said...

Your home looks cozy and inviting.

Bluebird49 said...

You are a very special lady!!

Carole said...

A lovely day. We are still hunkering down so am almost ready to be able to go somewhere... Cheers

Vee said...

So much to look forward to! Everything looks fine at your place,

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your Easter and spring decorations look very nice, Linda, Here, I still have a lot of snowman decos both inside and outside our apt entry. Sometime next week, I will change over. But, this year, My focus will be on less decos because storing them becomes an issue. Your meal looked so good and nice to find a new wine you enjoy. Nice to read that you will be having more family time very soon.