Sunday, March 27, 2022

I Do Love Sundays!

 Sundays are so special and it felt good to be in church again.


We watch services online when we are at the ranch but we try to worship together at Fellowship when we are home. I'm so thankful to have a home church. Ours is a large one and there are so many opportunities here to serve. The greeter who is at the door where we go in to be seated is such a sweet friendly lady. Today she was all dressed up like she was going to a wedding and I told her how beautiful she looked. I would love to be a greeter someday. As it is now, Louis Dean and I arrive slightly late as he is a heart patient and the music is loud enough to cause him discomfort so we come in shortly before the message.

This morning Louis Dean drove us in his truck. I say 'us' since Summer is spending the week with us. From church we went straight to Home Depot's Gardening Center which proved to be a popular place! People milling around looking at all the plants and flowers and bushes.
Louis Dean loaded up 10 big bags of the red cedar bark mulch we like so much and then several bags of garden top soil. I bought two different kinds of gardenia bushes - one that climbs and one 'normal' one that already has a bloom on it and it smells fantastic!
Marigolds and some lettuce and a pepper plants rounded out my purchases.


We had good sandwiches and potato salad for lunch......


with a sweet dessert!
Vanilla cream filled brioche from Aldi topped with Cool Whip and fresh strawberries and blueberries. 
I don't know what Summer and Louis Dean did this afternoon but I went to bed for a nap - a really GOOD nap complete with sound machine and earplugs - and slept deeply for three solid hours! I was tired!

Louis Dean was sitting outside on the driveway at the big table waiting for me to wake up.
My goal was to do the bed along the driveway and I succeeded in finishing one quarter of it!
It got dark on me and he put up some lights so I could see what I was doing.


Look what we found earlier this weekend when we were digging in the front yard.


This was one of Benjamin's shoes from maybe 1995 when he was just 7 or 8 years old.
He always did like to play in the mud and this shoe has been in really DEEP mud for a very long time!

We are in and will continue our work in the flower beds tomorrow.
For now Louis Dean is going to bed early after taking a nice long, hot soaking bath.
Summer's doing some work on her computer and I am about to do some mending and sewing. Maybe I will pull up something to watch on Amazon Prime Video.....



11 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

That is a good Sunday!

That shoe made me laugh. When we bought our house 21 years ago, we found all kinds of shoes and other things on our property!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

We had such a wonderful morning at church today - it felt so good to be back in fellowship and worship!

Vee said...

That shoe is something else! Did you assure him way back then that it would turn up someday? 😉

It's too bad that the music is played at such a level that it would be injurious to one's health. Louis Dean can't be the only one.

Summer's there! She will be a good help and wonderful companion for the week.

Happy chores!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great Sunday you had, it is sure to be a great week for you as well. You are able to plant things earlier than we do, here there is snow on the ground. Planting won't happen until after Mothers Day in May. I can hardly wait.

MadSnapper said...

that shoe could be a planter. sit it in a bed and fill it with a plant. loud music hurts bobs ears because of his hearing aids.. yet he can't hear me talk or the tv talk. happy to hear you had a good sunday and made it a day of real rest

Hootin Anni said...

Worship & work...a fulfilling day!! Love seeing that long list shoe.

Deb J. in Utah said...

It's so great that you have a church you love. It is true that a restful and rejuvenating Sunday can make the entire week better. Have a good one!

Debbie said...

sundays always feel so special, we had fun yesterday playing games. i have seen work boots like that, the hubs use to come home from work with boots looking like that!! that sandwich looks yummy, aways best with potato salad. potato salad is a favorite, even over that yummy desert!!

photowannabe said...

Yes and amen on your ending quote.
You and LD sure never let any grass grow under your feet..Busy as a bee all the time.
Your yard will be so lovely with all the new flowers and different plants.
What an amazing find in your front yard. I see a new painting in your future...
Now you have made me hungry with your yummy looking lunch.
Enjoy your day and squeeze Summer for me.
Sue

Carole said...

Fancy finding a boot installation! Cheers

Brenda said...

What a sad commentary for churches today…music too loud for heart patients…so true…I have experienced it also…I am not quite sure when worship changed to entertainment but I have an idea…prayers for you both