Thursday, March 10, 2022

Coffee and Friends......

 Summer gifted me this awesome coffee thermos/mug and I used it for the first time this morning.


It works great!!! 
Coffee stayed hot throughout my entire prayer/reading time.


The first thing I did after coffee was bake one giant cookie for a 4-year-old boy!
He's a shy little guy but I thought he would be impressed with such a big cookie - just for him!


Homemade banana pudding!
Delicious and I meant to give it away in Care Packages to a few of my friends today.
However, I turned away from the stove to get a piece of cheese and a cracker to munch on while I was stirring it - and it scorched! While it still tasted good - I couldn't gift it with all those brown speckles.


So I whipped up another batch using boxed mixes!
Prettier - but the homemade was better!

The last couple of days I have been cooking meat loaf, company mashed potatoes and candied carrots.


This afternoon Summer and I delivered my 'Meals in a Bag'.....
First stop  - Pam's house!
We had a nice little visit with her - she and Summer are the same age and Pam is Reaoma's daughter - they were our next door neighbors for 17 years so we have a lot of history together.


Second stop for my friend, Shirley. 
She is just about one month older than I.
It's a funny story but I was friends with her mom before I really knew Shirley.
I've told the story before but long story short - Shirley and Summer were both delivered by the same doctor - Julius McIver! His office was on Lemmon Avenue in Dallas. Shirley was born in August of 1948 and Summer was born in October of 1963 - so we are all Baby Boomers!
And I think her little 4-year-old loved the one big cookie!


We took a Mother/Daughter trip together in 1997 to Salado and on to San Antonio together.
Jean and Shirley and Mother and I......


So Shirley and I have history together, too!


Earlier this week I made some cookies using Funfetti chips and the recipe on the backof the package - which calls for 2 oz of cream cheese. These were seriously GOOD cookies!


Our third and last bag was for Kimmy and June.


June is a beautiful 90 years old!

We had the nicest time visiting with them for a few minutes.


When I went to the bathroom, June warned me that the doorknob fell off....so Summer was quick to volunteer to repair it!


Kimmy was our dental assistant for many many years and also came to my art class for a long time.
When she stopped coming, June took her place.
I loved seeing the paintings they did from back then still hanging on their walls.

When we left there, I stopped by the Dollar Store there on Shady Grove and Story to pick up a few things. I noticed my eye doctor place was open so I walked over there - just as he was starting to lock up. I asked if they were open and he said to go on in. My pretty glasses - the ones with silver frames and extra bling on them - had been injured when I tangled up with some rose bushes earlier this year.
His wife was able to repair them then and there!
I told her I would be back next month for that pair of green glasses with bling on them that I really liked!!


Our dinner tonight.
This was the meal I delivered except tonight we had pork loin chops while meat loaf was in the Care bags. We ate our meat loaf last night.


I am so thankful for the all the friends God has brought into my life. They have been there for me when I have been in need of comfort and it is a blessing to be able to be there for them - just because we are friends.


11 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. You are such a kind friend to all. I always enjoy seeing the smiles and happiness that you bring to others!

Vee said...

You, my dear, are a truly wonderful friend!

Hootin Anni said...

I adore you my friend!!! You are like Atlas (in a good way)...carrying the weight of your world!!!

Changes in the wind said...

You are a blessing to many.

Robin from P'ville said...

You are an amazing woman for all you do.

MadSnapper said...

summer to the rescue again, wish she were here, i need to new door knobs. i know the little boy loved that cookie. I met bob at Sears auto, for his birthday Oct 1 1984 he turned 48 and I gave him a giant birthday cookie to share with the mechanics at work. i bought mine but they loved it like the little boys they were and still are

Arlene G said...

Oh all those yummy foods!! I am giving up sweets for Lent and it sure is hard and I am only a week into it.lol What a blessing you are to your friends, Linda.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

There is truly nothing like a good friend and you are certainly a good one to yours. Glad you had Summer'a help. She has such a great smile and I'm sure they were happy to see her too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You went through your day lifting up as many people as possible!!! Talk about the best possible use of your time! I get the feeling more and more that Summer is a really good "handyman"!

Jan said...

You truly have a heart for serving others! I made banana pudding the other day and decided to try making it in the microwave since I almost always manage to scorch it on the stove top. It worked like a charm and no worries about scorching! I'm making pudding that way from now on!

Carole said...

You are indeed a blessing. Cheers