Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tuesday's Treasures and BBQ With Brenda!

 Brenda and I have had a lunch date every month since 2011 - the year  before the Grand Quads were born. Some years we meet up every single month and then some years we miss a time or two.

We missed February - I had Covid and Book Fair and Bee Meetings - but we had March on our calendar for weeks and today was the day!


This time Summer joined us and we drove over to Dallas and ate lunch at the original location of Sonny Bryans BBQ on Inwood Road.


I love the history of a place.....


The food was excellent and the sauce was poured up into beer bottles and kept warm on a heated tray.


The weather was COLD today!


We had fun eating and catching up!

Salvation Army Thrift Store was literally right next door.......
and here are my Tuesday Treasures!


The prices seemed to be less expensive than what we've seen at the Goodwill lately - but their senior discount is on Monday!


The lady who checked me out said these eggs look like the chocolate speckled kind she loves to eat!


I do love a good sign!


What a cool thing to use for hanging stuff!
Taking this to the ranch.


The photo didn't turn out well but this is a cool coffee sign!

We started our adventure at 2:30 when Brenda got off work and ended up coming home in 5:00 traffic.
Thank goodness Summer did the driving for me.
I developed a headache and she was not feeling too good herself so we both came in and went straught to bed for a few hours.
I got a second wind when I woke up but I am winding down now.


This is our Chandy Girl out in Snyder.....Louis Dean's granddaughter.
I mailed her this Chicken Whisperer shirt because she IS one!!!

In other news.....


Sabrina, Rayne  and Sunshine were at the airport early this morning.....


and they were winging their way back home to Puerto Rico!

They arrived safely and will be back again in May!!

This has been a really GOOD Tuesday!




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A fun day! I love your egg bush and the board with all the hooks and handles facing every which way!

Hootin Anni said...

More treasures for your homestead!! Oh boy, nothing can beat a good BBQ!!
Y'all had fun. Too bad the headaches kinda soured the end...it was the 5 o'clock traffic 😉

Nancy Chan said...

What a wonderful outing you all had. Great sign and cute hanger. LD's grand daughter is beautiful. Have a wonderful day.

Vee said...

Looks like a fun place to spend time, especially with the thrift store right.next.door. Sorry headaches moved in, but they could not ruin the day. It looks as if Rayne is taller than her grammie. She's going up! Yay for the return in May. Cute t-shirt for Shandy!

MadSnapper said...

Rayne is now a young lady and so beautiful. I did not know they brought Sunshine with them or that dogs can fly like this. so happy for them. good that you had Summer to drive. I find that each day I get older I dread driving in traffic, when I moved here in 1984, i thought nothing of driving alone the 400 miles to Savannah, interstates and night made no difference. now i don't even think about it. it is all in my mind but it is still there. I have two friends who are 82 and 83 and both of them will leave here and drive to TX or Montana alone and think nothing of it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Texas can do BBQ the BEST! Looks like a fun and busy week! ENJOY!

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my goodness the size of those onion rings were amazing!!! What a great place to eat. Don't envy the 5:00 traffic trip, I would have a headache when I got home too. Glad Rayne and family made it home safe.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like a great day all around, Linda, with a friend meet-up, delicious food - onion rings are a favorite here too - and great bargains right next door. Driving in traffic is never fun and hope you are feeling better.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great day you had ! Yum on the Barbeque!

Deanna Rabe said...

Such a great day!

Carole said...

Glad you had fun. Cheers

LC said...

This Linda is once again in awe of your energy and your artistic touch to all you do!

Stacy said...

Love that sign with the 3 rules, the hooks for hanging stuff, and all the Easter decorations! Our Goodwill and Salvation Army stores never seem to put the good stuff out. I'm pretty sure Goodwill, at least holds it back and sends it to the outlet or sells it online. And you are right, their prices are up!

Judy said...

You always pack a lot into your day! Looks like March 8 was a good one over there.

Debbie said...

they sure do bbq right in texas!! it's all we ate when we visited our son in austin!!

awesome tuesday treasures...chandy is adorable!!

photowannabe said...

Your Tuesday Treasures are truly wonderful. Love the signs that will find that special place for your viewing pleasure.
Sad to have family going back to P.R. but fun to know they will return soon. Rayne is such a lovely young woman now.
I do love your Easter Egg tree. I don't dare buy anything like that since we are trying to sell so many of our "treasures" on eBay.
So happy you can continue to get together with your friend for so many years..that's pure joy!!
Love you
Sue
https://allredmop.blogspot.com