Friday, October 24, 2014

Celebrating Friday With Mother....and Deanie.....and Stephanie.....and Louis Dean...

Last Friday Louis Dean did the beauty shop/lunch run with Mother so it had been two WEEKS since I had seen her!! I told her it was MY treat for lunch today and then we would go to Target if she felt like it. She was excited!! I had to stop at the bank which is very close to the salon and you should have seen her face when she thought I was taking her to the In 'N Out Burger place for lunch!
I assured her it was the BANK I was going to.......the ONE drive serves BOTH establishments!
She said, "Thank GOD!!!!! That's AWFUL!!!!!"


IHOP was our choice which was handy since it is very near Target.
She approved the pic above......


She did NOT approve of THIS one to be on Facebook!! However, she didn't say I couldn't use it on the BLOG!!! I like this one BETTER!
Do you see the white 'earbuds' she is wearing?
Deanie ordered her a 'Pocket Talker' and I have no idea 
how that works except that she only wore the 'earbuds' today and left the THINGY at home!!!


Whatever! It makes her feel like she can HEAR better and therefore TALK better!!!


Mother has turned fragile in the last two weeks.
She uses her cane and has a hard time getting in and out of the car.
The shopping cart helps her and gives her something to lean on.



We had fun together today!


She followed me around as I picked up the last few things I need for the back to back parties this weekend. I also helped her get a lip liner that rolls up and doesn't require sharpening. She bought one last week at CVS with Louis Dean telling the clerk she needed an eyebrow pencil!!


When I left Mother's I headed to the Starbucks to meet Deanie!


My beautiful sister!


We split a Pumpkin scone and I had my VERY FIRST Spiced Pumpkin Latte of the season!


BOTH of my daughters saw this pic I posted on Facebook and were jealous!!!
They do love their Aunt Deanie!
We talked for two hours and it seemed like a few minutes!

I spent a couple of hours after I got home cleaning and preparing for the Ladies Party I am hosting tomorrow night. Our beloved neighbor, Stephanie, came over to see if I wanted to go for a walk. I talked her into sitting in the gazebo over a glass of wine instead! Louis Dean was taking a well deserved nap. After she left I went back to my cleaning and sewing and doing - or BUZZING as Louis Dean calls it!!! He is totally bummed that he missed seeing Stephanie!!! You know - she is the one he wanted to adopt as soon as he met her!!


Well, I have done as much work as I am going to do this day!
Now it's time to close this journal entry and join  Louis Dean in our evening wine routine.
See that box beside him? That's a Wine Cube of  Riesling.....one of my favorites!!
So, CHEERS to a lovely Friday night.....
wherever you are and whomever you're with!!!


7 comments:

Deb said...

Count down to Fun Girls! We are all excited!

Linda said...

Your mother is such a delight! I love these photos of her, and her laughter makes me smile! :) Thanks for sharing the video, too.

Kathy said...

Another busy day for you. What fun to see first your mom, then your sister, then your friend. I hope you enjoy your back to back parties this weekend.

Penny said...

Lovely pic of you and your sister! Can't wait to hear about your party! X

MadSnapper said...

I love the pic your mom did not like, peering over the cups.. your whole family is beautiful... sorry to hear she is having troubles getting in and out. my mother used the carts to walk for many years.... your mother always looks so happy and full of joy

Susie said...

Linda, So good you could be with your mom. I know she loves being with you. She smiles all the time. I can imagine how upset she was seeing the in/out burger sign.LOL. I actually went to one with my daughter in Utah... It was way too late for me to eat...so I just had a small cola. Your sister is cute, but so are you. Hope your parties are a blast..Will LD be playing music for all of you ladies? Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Gypsy Heart said...

Great photos of your Mom! I like the laughing one best. :) Yes, your sister is beautiful but you are too. All of you are! Glad you had a good day and evening.

xo
Pat