Monday, December 30, 2013

'Under the Weather!'

Louis Dean and I are both still 'under the weather' so to speak!


Still sitting by the fire most of the day! Have not even THOUGHT of taking Christmas down yet!
After our coffee although I had a cup of tea and reading this morning I decided to do what I always do when I feel bad - go get my hair cut!!!


I have been going to the same place which was originally a Pro Cuts for 18 years!
The same lady has been there doing my hair all this time. She is a charming Korean Christian and was the one who cut my hair the year I went from LONG to SHORT! I mean she cut it really SHORT, too!!


I truly can't stand hair on my neck. Even when my hair was long - I wore it in a French braid or a twist.
Sporting a fresh hair cut I then went one door over to get my nails done.
I may still feel under the weather but at least I don't look as ragamuffin as I WAS looking!
When I got home Louis Dean was asleep in the guest room and slept most of the afternoon
I put some pinto beans on to cook and paired them with an iron skillet of corn bread. Louis Dean fried up a pan of potatoes when he got up. Comfort food.

A real pick me up was getting a phone call from our Florida blogging friend, Dawn!
Even though we still didn't feel well - we were smiling from ear to ear after hanging up!
Louis Dean is all excited talking about flying down to meet her someday!


In the mean time we have kept the home fire burning and snuggled under our blankets.
Let's just say we are caught up with 'Castle' and after the new Major Crimes episode will call this one a day!

At least I won't have to worry about doing my hair in the morning! 
SHORT means easy peasy!!


12 comments:

Wanda said...

So sorry you an DL are under the weather...but you are my kind of gal. Just this morning as I was putting in the hot rollers, I was thinking it's time for a cut and perm..and goodness my feet need a good soaking and a pedicure too.
I like your cut...I won't go that short, (did that for years) but a trim and a perm will shorten it up for now.

Kelly said...

So sorry to hear you've both been feeling bad. It sounds like a good day of rest and pampering helped immensely though. Gosh, I haven't had a fire in the fireplace in a while. I need my hubby to bring in some wood so we can enjoy it in the months ahead. January and February are our coldest months. Your hair cut is cute. I have shoulder length hair that I often pull back into a ponytail. It gets in my way too. I will probably never have ultra short hair though because mine is curly. It gets curlier the shorter it gets too!
.

Vee said...

You are as cute as a button! You'll shake your head and be done! John has a sweet Christian gal from the Philippines cut his hair. I need a sweet somebody to cut mine. I'm beginning to resemble a sheepdog. Keep lying low! Glad that Dawn was able to raise your spirits. Blogging buddies are like that!

Kathy said...

Sorry you are feeling under the weather but your new haircut looks so cute that must pick you up some. I don't know how you ran around so much for this past month, so I guess you deserve all the rest you can get now. Feel better.

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Linda,
I have been fighting a stomach virus or food poisoning since Friday night. Ugh! I hope we are all well soon!!!

MadSnapper said...

such a beautiful fire to snuggle up to.. hope you both feel 100 percent soon. after all the work you put in the Christmas, keeping it a few more days is not a bad thing. i wear my hair really short, my hubby cuts it for me, when i can feel the hair on my neck, i say i need to get and appt for a hair cut, i can feel it.

Estelle's said...

Feel better Linda...a new hairstyle and a manicure...you are a girl after my own heart! Happy New Year darling Texas girl!

Jackie See said...

Your hair looks so good Linda, glad you have a hairdresser you enjoy and can depend on. The home looks so cozy and warm. We had an oven meal last night - that means I put it all in the oven and then sat down. 2 hours later dinner was served! I love those kinds of "oven" meals. We are working today, so we are out and about till about 6, then off to a party to celebrate with friends and coworkers and clients. Have a wonderful day and welcome 2014!

Linda said...

Sorry you're both feeling under the weather. I hope you'll perk up soon and enjoy your New Year celebrations.
Sending you every good wish for a Happy New Year when it comes.

Judy said...

So sorry you are both under the weather. I'm smiling at your remedy for feeling 'down'...getting a haircut. I will keep it in mind. Cute cut, BTW!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Carla said...

Sorry to hear the bug has got you two. David and I are feeling better finally. I must say I like how you handle it. I need to get my nails done bad but I'll have to wait until Friday. Feel better

Jutta said...

Too funny! I went to the hairdresser the very same day. And got my neck area clear, too. :)