Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Mexican Pastries, Street Tacos, American Hockey Game With Rest and Recovery on Sunday and an Early Birthday Celebration for Louis Dean on Monday! It's Been a Busy Few Days....

 Saturday was a planned Hockey Day - Harrison's game at 2:30 and then an American  game at 7:00 with Alan Texans vs Kansas City with a gathering at the Bells in Dallas for street tacos in between!

I was just about to leave for the Mexican grocery store here in Irving to buy a bunch of Mexican cookies and chips to take to Amber's along with a big bowl of Texas Beef and Cheese dip when Buster drove up. 


He parked and hopped in the car with me and away we went!
I had  told Louis Dean our plans and said I would be right back and then we would be going to Richardson, Texas for Harrison's game.

Alas, when Buster and I got home - Louis Dean had left in his truck!
Long story short - I tracked him with my air tag and we chased after him but never caught up with him. I may need to invest in a real GPS system instead of the tags which ping off of iPhones.

We stopped to fill up with gas and when we got home - there he was on the driveway with the truck hood raised and checking out the radio connections.

When I asked him about where he had been - he said he had no idea where I was and that he needed to find a place to  repair his radio.

He had absolutely no memory of our plans for the day or of me telling him where I was going.

We missed Harrison's game but I had a strong reality check - the second one in the last week.

We rallied around and regrouped.
No sense in being angry as Louis Dean simply doesn't remember much these days.

We accepted the situation and I made us all ham and cheese sandwiches and we had a good lunch before we left for Dallas.
We stopped at a Harley Davidson on our way to Amber's so Buster could pick up a few things.
And a motorcycle was NOT one of them!

Jesse and Rachel, Sam and Levi met up and Amber had street tacos for everyone!
It was a great afternoon with lots of conversations and laughter and the grandsons LOVED the dip and chips I brought!

All too soon it was time to leave for the hockey game - which was in Alan and less than a mile from Buster and Anna Marie's hotel!


We had a great group at the game with son Benjamin joining us as well as Sam's girlfriend.


My sweet Kailey!
She was so attentive to her granddad as she remembered our last big outing together he had taken a hard fall. Everyone kept their eyes on him!


Amber and her nephew Levi and brother Benjamin!


It was SUCH a fun time and I loved every minute!


Uncle Ben and Trystan.....


Uncle Buster and Amber.....


Uncle Buster and Harrison, Logan, Kailey, and Trystan.

The Kansas City team WON and I was happy about that!
After all, I am from Kansas City and it felt good that 'our' team - mine and my brother's - won!

Our visit ended on a high note and it was wonderful from start to finish!

Buster and Anna Marie left on Sunday morning and had a leisurely drive home. 

I went into Rest and Recover mode and stayed there all day.
I watched Fellowship Church online and enjoyed some quiet time.


The Great Fall Take Down began and I got all the fall debris out of the den while watching Virgin River episodes back to back. I am nearly done with Season 4 and will move on to Season 5.


 I lit a candle and closed out Sunday with an episode of Anika.

What a blessing to have have had so many gatherings of friends and family with nary a touch of tension or a moment of discomfort.
We all seem to bring out the best best in each other and that's such a blessing.

I am very aware of the blessings God has gifted our family with...supernatural blessings!
Blessings of unity and thinking the best of one another.
The blessings of accepting each other as we are and where we are in life and loving and appreciating our journeys - the ones we are on together as well as the individual paths we have taken.

I found my father - Leo Everett Gage - by way of finding my brother and sister - Rita and Buster -and another sister, Lori,  on  23 and me in March of 2021 at the age of 73.
Only God could bring all of us together as he has done.


Monday mornings are my favorite!
First day of a new week with all sorts of possibilities and opportunities!

I worked on the den fall take down and went on to the foyer and living room.

Louis Dean and I went over to do the school pick up run......
Amber had a doctor appointment so we had to use my car to pick up.
That meant I had to take Louis Dean over to the Bells and leave him so there would be room for the kids in the car and the girls' musical  instruments in the trunk.

On our way to Amber's, Louis Dean said, "I don't see why three young kids can't fit in the back seat!"
I said, "They CAN! But there are FOUR kids!"
Louis Dean laughed and laughed!
"I don't want to lose any one of them!!"


We enjoyed hearing Kailey practice her trombone!


Then Logan.....she's sounding so good!
Trystan was last and I was so engrossed with her playing that I forgot to take a pic!


Amber made a surprise birthday party for her dad!
Jack Daniels BBQ, seasoned potato wedges, baked beans.....


and a beautiful card read by Kailey....


and roses and a new flat cap from Amber!

It was such a good Monday!!


We stayed and watched a good movie before coming home....


Amber and the girls have every word to every song memorized!!

I am so grateful for these special days spent with family and friends who are like family!



My heart is so full of joy and gratitude for the friends and family God has blessed me with - including YOU who are reading my words this very minute.


14 comments:

Brenda said...

Sweet blog. Prayers for this new journey. Brenda

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love Anika. Nicola Walker is our favorite actress; we have seen almost all of her shows. I have all my fall things taken down and am now in the middle of Christmas decorating. It is so good that Louis Dean is having so much fun and really enjoying life and keeping busy! I've never heard of this movie. I need to check it out for the girls.

Rita said...

Scary LD disappearing in his truck! Whew!
But the rest of your family time was just plain wonderful!!
I really like Nicola Walker, too!
I'll have to check out Spirited.
Have a wonderful day, Linda. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great blog and the pictures, too! You are indeed fortunate and blessed to be having so much of your family with you!You all look so happy!

Ed, Kristi, David and Kat will be moving this Saturday to North Carolina, to within an hour's travel from us! Ed is excited with a new job and to be closer to us. (I hope! He didn't have to move closer. He wants to! I think he thought of us getting older, too, etc.)
I enjoyed seeing all your family photos. Growing up without knowing your brother, you really have gotten a wonderful brother here later in life!
God's timing, huh! Never off!
Love, Trudy

Donna said...

There's just 12 of us now...in our family. All the rest are now gone. Larry and I are the oldest, right behind Larry's Dad, who is now 97. SO glad you were able to locate LD!!
You are so Blessed! Enjoy every moment...
hugs
Donna

Mindy Gauthier said...

I am just so full of happiness reading about your family gatherings. I feel so blessed and grateful too when I am able to spend time with my family. God Bless.

Deanna Rabe said...

I’m so glad for God’s goodness in your life Linda!

I’m sorry about Louis Dean’s memory issues. You are adjusting well, and doing what’s best for him. We’ll done friend!

We’re going to have lots of family time this next week and I can’t wait!

MadSnapper said...

what a wonderful day you had ad even losing LD for a while you managed to stay cool, and it ended well. you might be getting close to the take away the keys to the truck and only let him drive when you are with him. you have the happiest and most loving family of any i know of. you are right that you are blessed they all love each other and get along.
my sons don't speak to each other ad Bob's daughters don't speak to each other. we have each other and that is it. I think your family is the way it is because of YOU.. who could live with you and not love each other. Amber is like you and her girls are like you... that is the reason for your family full of love and kindness

Debby said...

I couldn't keep up with your pace - you are an AMAZING little firecracker! All those activities and visiting family and friends are vital as we age; it all looks like so much fun. You must sleep well at night with so much going on. I'm the only one left from my family - so we make the best that we can, with our little bunch of 6. My husband and I, my 2 sons, a daughter-in-law, and my husband's daughter. Before we moved out of the San Francisco Bay area I had friends that were like sisters to me and our families and children all observed the holidays - but 3 of them died young and so that was that. I do miss that. So many families these days are totally dysfunctional. My husband's family - his brother and his sister want nothing to do with us. They are lefty atheists and make fun of us. He even has an older daughter (they all live up in Seattle) who has disowned her dad - she too, is woke and hates us. So we enjoy and cherish the little family we have - we're all like-minded and that is what makes it work. WE never have the family drama that others have.
What is that saying, Less is more? I'll take that!!!

It's always a joy to visit you - I'm always smiling and LD is just a dear.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday to LD. He is still doing very well for a man his age, even with the memory issues. I'm thankful that even though he forgot where he was going, he came home again safely. I won't start taking down fall decorations until after Thanksgiving. I have to finish one holiday before another begins. Enjoy your family!

photowannabe said...

I'm so glad you could keep your cool when "loosing" LD. Its hard but you've got to love him...Wonderful family times and your Grands are real sweet to you and their Grandpa. It somehow makes everything worth while.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So much happening all at once...you live a very full and happy life, even with the challenges along the way...somehow God brings it all together into one big happy package! Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers and many blessings. Thank you for being YOU!

BeachGypsy said...

I am so glad Buster and Anna Marie got to come, looks like y'all HAD A BALL!! Love all the fun pictures and seeing what all you and Louis Dean are up to. Wow, you've BEEN BUSY. Fun hockey with the grands, I know they love to see y'all show up! Are all of them in Band? I was a Band mom. Loved it. It's great for kids. Hugs! Getting ready for Thanksgiving!!!!

Wanda said...

Dear sweet Linda ~ What a delightful post. So full of love, fun and family.
Too many beautiful pictures and people to comment on, so I'll just say I have scrolled up and down many times enjoying each trip.

You are handling your new role so beautifully. I love you.