Monday, November 20, 2023

Christmas Trees, Medicine Boxes, Football, Cell Phone Humor and A New White Tree!

Louis Dean stays busy and is happiest when he has a project.
Sometimes he goes out in the back yard to get a tool or something - and then he goes down a rabbit hole and starts sorting things in his workshop - or as in lately - begins to take just about everything OUT and reorganizing it all!

He does seem to love it when I say, "Honey, I need your help!"
We all need to be needed!


We didn't even use this tree last year but it was our living room tree in 2021 and it was way too big!
Louis Dean was all smiles when I asked him what he thought about us putting in the front yard.


He can make anything happen!


We are loving it!


I think we are all happier when we are accomplishing something and what could be better than decorating for Christmas?

We may have been a little too enthusiastic, though, because we woke up late on Sunday morning and felt like we'd been run over by a herd of reindeer!

We watched Fellowship Church online - I put it on the big TV.

Pastor Ed Young interviewed legendary high school football coach Denny Duron.


We will be watching this docuseries!

I spent Sunday afternoon doing our meds and watching the Cowboys game.


Louis Dean was going to watch it with me but he got side tracked in his room.


This was our Sunday Night Supper - easy peasy and pretty healthy, too!

Monday morning!
Is it weird that Monday is my favorite day of the week?
We slept late to catch up on our sleep, so we were having our morning coffee at nearly noon!


Louis Dean is having so much fun with his cell phone!
Since he has a brand new number, it's common to get calls from people trying to contact the one who had this number before. SO - instead of saying 'Hello', he answers, "Ajax Liquor Store!"


He gets such a kick when his phone rings!

Today, we put another tree together - this one going on the front porch!


We bought it after Christmas last year and I have been looking forward to seeing it!


Louis Dean is handier than a pocket on a shirt!


We are enjoying the season and I am trying my best to do the things we want to do and not get too tired.


Cleaning, packing up fall, decorating and baking........
our days are full of all sorts of good things!



I have started my list for the Santa giveaway.
If you are anonymous - please put your first name and the first initial of your last name at the end of the comment so I can 'find' you if I draw your number!

Happy Thanksgiving!






25 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Your outdoor tree is beautiful, so colourful >❤❤❤
Granny M

Anonymous said...

DeeAnn K, your blog is such a blessing to us all. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Louis looks like a kid out with his Christmas tree!
Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend!
Love, Trudy

Anonymous said...

(Trudy)

Donna said...

Aww, love all the trees! Makes things SO pretty!
Happy Thanksgiving!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

Louis Dean looks so happy setting up the trees and I am happy for you that he does it and does it well and willingly.. the big tree out front is gorgeous and can't wait to see what goes on the beeautiful white tree.

Brenda said...

Love it all. Brenda B

MimiG said...

The tree out front makes me want to put up some lights - but we are having some MUCH needed rain today. Love hearing the sound on the metal top of the fireplace!
I'll email you and catch up - not a lot happening, just a bit tired and trying to figure out a few things.
Much love being sent to Texas...

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Louis Dean, may blessings be abundant! Jody N.

Beth said...

Hi Linda! If you enjoy football, you might like "Kelce" on Amazon Prime, and "Quarterback' on Netflix. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Beth said...

Linda, my blogger profile (accessed when you click on my name) has an email address I no longer use. If you need to contact me, you can message me on Facebook. Beth J

Meme said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rita said...

How festive! LD is such a joy and so handy.
I had never heard Ajax Liquor Store before. That is so funny he answers the phone that way!
Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

photowannabe said...

I love the look of pure joy on Louis Dean's face while he's fixing your beautiful trees. Makes my heart sing.
Love the saying about him being as handy as a shirt pocket..Exactly!!!
And my Dear Linda, keep trying to do the things you want to do and not get tired. Pace your self..this may be a new season in your lives...I'm also giving that advice to myself too.
Sue

Debbie H said...

Your trees are lovely....the Texas star is the perfect touch for that tree top!

Susie said...

Linda, Your sweet LD puts a smile on my face. Just seeing how happy he was about the tree and liquor store recording. Hard working and a great sense of humor. Love that. I bet your home smells so good with the baking. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Love all of you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Anonymous said...

Your trees are so much fun. Louis Dean and you make the best team. Always love your blog post. Happy holiday's ~ Carol Smith

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all you get accomplished.
Norma Herrin

Anonymous said...

Your lights are lovely.
What am I seeing in the third photo, upper right hand corner, above the bushes?.
Looks like a ghost.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Luann said...

The white tree will be gorgeous. Your fruit cake cookies look delish. Yours IS the house everyone wishes their Grandmother had. Luann

Anonymous said...

Linda, you do such a beautiful job decorating! I love reading about you and Louis Dean and your life together! It is always a bright spot in my day! You are both amazing people! God bless you and your family! 🎄⛄️💕 Paula M

Jackie collins said...

Dear Linda, your home is so warm and cozy! I can't wait to get my card!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ld. Jackie

Susan~aredheadonthego said...


Ajax Liquor Store! Good clean fun! Those were the days!
Susan C

Carol said...

I am so busy trying to catch up on reading posts. I hope that I can still be entered into your drawing. CS

VintageCrafter said...

Just got back from a quick vacation and hope that I too am not too late to be entered into your draw. Your paintings always make me smile :)
Carol O