Tuesday, May 2, 2023

A Family Style Weekend.....

Saturday was a Home Day for both Louis Dean and me..... 


It was a beautiful day - blue skies and air scented with the fragrance of honeysuckle.


Everything is so lush and green - but not many flowers yet other than honeysuckle and roses.


And some wildflowers from the bird seeds that have fallen to the ground.

Billy and Brenda came over for a few minutes Saturday evening and that was a blessing.
It's a wonderful thing to have good friends who are as close as family!

Speaking of family, I had a phone chat with my sister in law, Michele AND another phone call with brother Buster! I love hearing my loved ones voices!

Sunday afternoon we drove over to Mike's home with dinner....


good old canned green peas with butter and salt and pepper....


meat loaf.....


and company mashed potatoes.


Dessert was a Chocolate Kahlua cake.


Deanie and Charlie joined us for lunch - I had told Mike we'd be there at 2:00.
Thing is - with all Mike's been going through - he didn't remember I was coming and bringing food!
His sister had just given him a sandwich for lunch a short time before we arrived so he was already full and couldn't eat with us! No worries! I left him some leftovers.

We met his sister, Gail, and she was so sweet!
She's staying with Mike for awhile in between caring for their mother.
I was happy to get to visit with her


It's a tradition to take a pic of Deanie and Louis Dean together!!


Photos are important to me and I never regret taking lots of them!

After our meal, we went over to Sheryl's next door to visit Nita's Garden.


She is a master gardener and I love every visit to her back yard.


Everywhere you look - you see something beautiful!





She and her husband came out to visit with us for a few minutes and we left them with slices of chocolate cake.
The rest of the cake I left for Mike!

It was a good day to be together and Mike is slowly healing but still has a long recovery ahead of him!
We so appreciate your prayers and he asked me to thank you for the cards and prayers.
Elizabeth - we are sad to report you will not be getting your initial investment back on the lottery tickets!!! But it was fun to sit around the table and scratch off the numbers!

 I found out something I didn't know before - Nita loved to play the lottery!
I'm guessing she didn't win all that often or we would have known about that sooner.
Deanie was the one to tell me how she would stop on her way home sometimes on a Friday to pick up a ticket.

We came home by way of Arlington where we stopped to see son Jesse's apartment!
We helped him move in but I've not seen his place after he got it all fixed up!



His apartment is such a good reflection of my son and his personality!


He loves his coffee and the Southwestern vibes complete with Native American music in the background.


He has started a new chapter in his life and I'm so proud of the man he is.


Jesse has so much patience and he spent a good long time helping us order a new laptop for Louis Dean. It will arrive on Thursday and Jesse will be putting all the programs on it for him and set it all up.
We really do appreciate all the ways our children help us!

We made it home on Sunday night before dark!

I do love a good Monday and this was one of them!

My long time friend, Shirley, dropped by with a goodie box and we had a nice long visit.


Louis Dean and I stopped at Subway for a late lunch and then did errands all afternoon.

No cooking for me today!


Tonight we watched 





and I rewatched -








14 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that last quote. I've read the book but I would love to see the movie. I'm glad you had such a good weekend! Your life is full and blessed! Hugs to you both, Diane

Deanna Rabe said...

What a happy post.

Glad Mike's sister is with him, and that he's recovering. I'm sure your yummy food will help the healing!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of family and friends. Never a dull moment at your house!

MadSnapper said...

I love Jesse's apartment and looks like he got the decorating genetics from his Mom. I love the chair and ottoman and would like it in my living room for ME and the blankets with it. I love coffee too. looks like he is his own barista with his own bar. love nitas garden.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Did you see "Where The Crawdads Sing"? It was a wonderful and memorable movie! Your hair is a bit different, maybe the bangs? You look great, and so young!! I love how you go around helping so many people, you should be a Deacon like us! You are really making your life count for something big for God.

photowannabe said...

Oh, Ginny's comments about you are right on!
You are blessed to be a blessing.
Wonderful photos of your weekend, good food, good family, good friends.
Love Jesse's home and the western decor your art piece is perfect for his "man cave".
I too like your hair style..you look so young and pretty.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Linda, it is always wonderful to read your posts about family and usually there is some good food included. It was good to read the update on Mike and too bad about the no lottery win. I can see that Jessie does love coffee with all those brewing machines and mugs.

Carole said...

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to get a new laptop - but it won't be far off...sigh. Cheers

Vee said...

You take such good, kind care of your family and friends. I'm sure that Mike enjoyed the leftovers. Praying for him to mend quickly at home. Jesse's apartment looks very cool, a cut above the usual man cave. As always, Louis Dean and Deanie look so cute in their photo. You always choose the best quotes.

Wanda said...

Such a wonderful post of love and caring. Your family are a blessing and you are MRS. Blessing to all you know, love and meet!

You make the best dinners, and act like it's no trouble, but a piece of cake. Speaking of cake...yumm your pound cake looked delicious,

Every day is an adventure and I'm so thrilled you and Louis Dean treat each day as that.

Wonderful quotes...words to meditate on and live by.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and wonderful pictures, my friend. You just do so much! If only we all were like you!❤❤❤ Trudy

little Wandering Wren said...

Yes that's me here from Phuket, Thailand just dropping in to say hi! Your life looks full and busy, and happiness is definitely the friends and family that you get to meet. Have a great week.
Wren x

Latane Barton said...

Hey, girl. Such a nice post.. I loved it. That food was really calling to me. Some of my favorites. You take care. Hugs.

Debbie said...

i enjoyed this happy, fun filled entry!! we have been home a lot lately, we've had so much rain and now chuck is sick. not covid, i tested him...it must be a cold!!

when i tell you i adore honeysuckle i really love it!! the flowers here have been coming and going quickly, the weather is so fickle. one day it is 90 degrees, then it is 50 degrees!! our tulips did terribly!!

i would love to have the recipe for that cake, it you would love to share it!!

you have a big heart linda, and it felt like a lovely weekend!!