Monday, May 29, 2023

Our Quiet Weekend....

 We have been here at the camper/cabin for two weeks and two days and have enjoyed every single minute.  Saturday we went to 'Town' and our first stop was Lowe's.


This Fallen Soldier's Table was set up just as you walked in the doors and was a good reminder on this Memorial Day weekend.
Everything on this table has meaning.

*Source*

  • "Place a lemon wedge on the bread plate to represent the bitter loss of the life of the fallen soldier. Sprinkle salt over the lemon and the bread plate. The salt represents tears shed for the soldier who is missed. Place an empty chair at the table in front of the place setting to represent the missing comrade."

Thank you to all who have served or are serving our country.
May God help us be worthy of your sacrifices.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis Dean and I had a list and we marked things off one by one,


The bonus was finding rose bushes on sale!

We had several errands - Walgreen's, HEB, Dollar Tree, Aldi, Auto Zone...
At last we headed to The Catch but found they had closed down!


Instead we ate a late lunch at Catfish King and it was good!
Louis Dean was a happy man!

Going to town takes all day!
It was 40 minutes from the ranch to Lowe's and then all the stops added up so it was around 6:00 when we got back.


I'm loving all the sunflowers here at our place!


Louis Dean and I hit on a good plan to take care of both of our ideas.
Some wildflower areas and some vegetable gardens.


I took this pic on Saturday and this afternoon they are already twice this size.
PUMPKINS!!!
I think we really are going to have our very own pumpkin patch!!!


I painted just a little more on the Bar-J canvas and then packed everything up to take home.
I do NOT want to mess this one up so I am going slow and steady!


These two came down for some sugar cubes!
I was taking a glass of tea out to the front deck when I saw them on the other side of our back fence.
They looked straight at me. So I turned around and got the sugar cubes and walked out on the side deck and there they were out on the road by the carport.
There are three horses but only the two came up for their treats.


Our kitties have had a great time down here.


Tabitha only got out once!


Sunday morning breakfast!
I'm going to miss these fresh eggs!


Louis Dean cleaned out the rose garden which had lots of wildflowers but was chocking out our three existing rosebushes and planted the five new ones!

Sunday night we were tired and sat out to watch our campfire burn all the way down and went to bed.
Watching a fire is the perfect way to relax!


Rugar was at the side door this Monday morning letting us know he was guarding the place.
Remmie doesn't come up with him most of the time anymore.
He is so well mannered - I say 'Sit' and he does and waits patiently for his treats!
I saved all the fat trimmings and gristle on the ham Son Dean smoked for us and have been giving it to Rugar when he visits us.


He's such a great boy!!


Today was our last full day here this month so we went down to finish up our laundry and water all of Dean and Sherry's plants and gardens.
Sherry has the most gorgeous houseplants and flowers!
Dean's garden already has beautiful squash - both yellow and white!


I spent some time with the goats!
There's a brand new baby I had not met before.


They are all adorable!
Amon has been doing the critter chores so I just visited with them.






Great Pyrenees make excellent work dogs and they are so good with the goats.
I don't think Dean and Sherry have lost a goat since they  got the dogs - except for the one that was killed by the bees. Normally the bees are not aggressive but last year was not a normal year!

We have worked and loved each day we have been here and tomorrow we will tidy up and head home.





12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What is this gorgeous yellow and red flower? I love your kitty photos today, they are always just so photogenic. What is cuter than baby goats jumping around?

MadSnapper said...

the sign at the end says it ALL about you and LD and your country home.. your 2nd home is in paradise for me, and I would be making it my 1st home.. just the animals would draw me like a magnet, but then I forgot the BEES. no living close to bee hives, so I guess Florida is my home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You have been busy while there at the ranch. I know it to be your happy place, but I also know you've your home too back in the city. You are at home either place. We are finally having some summer time weather here and I've got flowers blooming. All I have to do is remember to water them.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your time there. The goats are cute and I love those beautiful horses. Have a good trip back! Hugs to you both!

Deanna Rabe said...

You are living a beautiful life.

I think the goats are adorable, but I know they can be mischievous!

Rugar is a beautiful boy!

Safe travels home!

photowannabe said...

You certainly have made good use of your 2 weeks+ at the Ranch.
That's a good amount of time so you don't have to feel rushed. Safe trip back to "The City".
Love the kitties, and the goats..too cute and I love how the Bar-J canvas is turning out.
Sue

Wanda said...

You and Louis Dean make ordinary things seem like a holiday, Your trips to Lowes is like a trip to Disneyland. What a worker you man is!! Love the painting, what a tresure it will be.
You have the cutest cats, and how they love to poise. Adorable goats!! The Ranch is a bit of heaven.

Carole said...

What a Lovely break for you at the ranch. Cheers

Kathy said...

What a wonderful time you have had. Have a safe trip back to the city.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time in the country Jan


BeachGypsy said...

hi there Linda, loved catching up with you and Louis Dean! Those goats are so cute! And the pretty sunflowers! We planted ours last week, and they ARE UP....cant wait to watch them grow and bloom! I think they grow fast, if I remember. So glad y'all got to stay in the beautiful country for a GOOD LONG VISIT THIS TIME.... and fresh eggs for breakfast can't be beat, right? LOL PS....that basket of catfish sure looks delicious. Hugs!

Judy said...

I know you manage to find (and make) happiness wherever you go! Sounds like you had a lovely time in the country.