Sunday, May 21, 2023

Country Things....

It's been a good weekend at the ranch!
I slept long and well Friday night and so did Louis Dean! 

We sit with our first cup of coffee out on the front deck and come in for our second cup and read the Bible and devotional books.


Breakfast is usually ready around noon or so and what could be better than country fried potatoes and onions?


Son Dean loaned me his Induction Cooktop and it is wonderful!
It's hard to fry anything on a hot plate!


Fresh eggs and fried bacon completed our meal along with one more cup of coffee!

Louis Dean has been staying busy with projects.


It was just six years ago today that he started putting the roof on the front room!
We have come a long way and we are still working on things!


Sherry brought him in some dirt to build up a herb garden around the pond and he's been working on that.


I bought some new solar lights and he put them on the fence posts.


He's been mowing and tilling up an area for a large pumpkin patch.


It would be awesome if we could grow our own for the Great Pumpkin Project in October where we carve 31 pumpkins and set them out each night in a different place.


So far I have planted 6 tomato plants Son Dean gave us and a long row of spinach, a row of cucumbers, some flowers, three kinds of watermelon, some pepper seeds and lots of pumpkin seeds!!

Saturday ended on such a good note - Sherry took me for a ride on the four wheeler!!!

Last night I went right to sleep - and then woke up at 3:00 in the morning!
I finally got up at 4:30 - about the time my friend, Sandra, is getting up for the DAY!
I noticed Louis Dean's light was on and he was reading so I walked across the camper to check on him - and discovered a pipe under the sink had busted and water had flooded the kitchen/living area!
Thank the Lord I got up! And thank the Lord Louis Dean was already awake as he had to get his shoes on and go out around to the back and turn the water off!
He was smart and brought  in fans to blow for the next few days to dry it out.
We went back to bed but I still didn't go to sleep until 7:00!
I woke up at 8:00 because Sherry and I had planned on checking our bees - but it was cool and the grass was wet so we have put it off until she gets off work on Monday.
So I rolled over and went back to sleep for another few hours!
We have since decided that plumbing is now beyond him so I can live with no water in the camper for now. I know Son Dean will be able to repair and restore when he has time but I do not want to be a 'squeaky wheel!' He and Sherry have done so much for us!


Sunday breakfast for lunch and coffee and a book.
I can't believe I didn't bring another book to read when I finished G is for Gumshoe and I am enjoying this one by Louis L'Amour!


I've worked on my writing and my art today and rested some.
Haven't done much housework at all since we've been here - 8 days!
Tomorrow I will regroup as we begin our last week here.
There's still things I want to do before we leave!



9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So was Louis dean able to fix the pipe? I love this last quote!!! Just THINKING about getting up at 4:00 makes me sleepy...unless it's 4:00 P.M.!!

Donna said...

I'm most always up at 3am...comes from our working days.
Yes, I'm with Ginny. Did LD get the pipe problem repaired? I'm sure he must have...lol
hugs
Donna

Bergen Furniture And Design said...

Wonderful job you did in the garden, really appreciated and all are looking amazing.

In case you need info about discount furniture collection take a look at here.

MadSnapper said...

truer words never spoken on the last quote. I wish Bob had things to do like LD is doing, he loves to putter but there is not much left to putter, other than grass and pool maintenace.
your country home calls to me, but not the pipes that keep breaking. seems you have bad luck in water pipes for sure.
yay for a veggie garden.. can't believe it has been 6 years since the roof went on. wow... time is flooding by us like your pipes flood.

photowannabe said...

This 2 week "vacation" at the Ranch sounds just about perfect...except for the pipe break. Hope that was fixed quickly.
Yummy breakfasts at lunch time and a good cup of coffee and the Bible are the very best way to begin your day.
the painting of LD is awesome. I can't wait to see it finished.
Love the plaque sayings, so true.
Love you and enjoy your day with the bees.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Oh no -- the water thing! I'm so sorry!
I hope you have a wonderful week! That induction cooking thing looks like a good investment, huh? So good of Dean and Sherry to help so much.❤🤗Trudy

Debbie said...

we don't get up early, i wish we did. we both seem to require more sleep and i miss the early part of the day...

i don't need anything with fried potatoes, to me, they are a meal!! i remember the "great pumpkin project" i thought that was so fun!! ld is so handy isn't he?? and you so creative...you really compliment each other!!

four things you can't recover - awesome!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. So glad you are having an overall good time in country. The busted pipe was no fun, but so glad you discovered it and turned the water off so damage could be minimized. I love the painting that you are doing of Louis Dean. Enjoy the rest of your time in the country! See you again soon. :-)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I've never seen one of those induction cooking things before. Now my curiosity is piqued and I'm going to Google it to read more information about what it is/does.