Friday, May 19, 2023

Country Days......

Thursday was a such a good day!
I did some writing and puttering around here at the camper/cabin while Louis Dean pruned up the trees around the pond area.

Sherry has been working on her kitchen cabinets.
She and Dean designed their kitchen and then RE-designed it!
They moved the dishwasher and fridge and added another cabinet and made an awesome pantry.
Now she is at the point of making her cabinets coordinate with the beautiful backsplash AND the counter tops AND the ceramic tile on the floor.

I went down a little after 4:00 to help her stain them and they are looking great!
Son Dean went out of town for a Karate event and we were wanting to get this project done before he got home to surprise him.


We were halfway through when we stopped for Sherry to do critter chores and for me to get our supper ready. I had put potatoes in the crock pot to bake so I went back to our place and grilled some hamburgers. It was a good meal and when we finished eating we decided we were too tired to go back to work on  the cabinets and made a plan to meet up the next morning.

It was a perfect country evening as we ate and watched the solar lights come on one at a time and then watched the fireflies flit around in the darkness. Earlier we saw flock after flock of geese heading North in beautiful formation!

In just 22 days we will be welcoming our Canadian friend of many years when she lands at DFW on June 11th! Her name is Linda Chapman! How cool is that? We have been Facebook friends for just about 17 years I think it is. I'm hoping she brings Kermit the Frog with her!
Linda is an avid world wide traveler and has been to so many countries!! 
What a blessing to me that she is traveling to Texas to see us!!
Texas used to be a country and I hope to show her some of our state!
I'm thinking we will do a lot of visiting.
Linda is a fascinating lady what with being a long time educator and traveled on so many mission trips and exotic vacations.
God is all about relationships!
And I am grateful for Linda!


I went to  bed Thursday night with a glass of wine and a Louis L'Amour book  Ride the River.
I just finished G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton.
I sleep in t he Girl Bunk most nights when we are down here at the ranch.
The bed in the main bedroom takes up nearly the entire space making it difficult for me to get in and out of it!
I was reading along when I looked up to see Samantha up in the Boy Bunk. 


And here was Tabitha all comfy and cozy at the foot of the Girl Bunk!

We do love our kitties!
Tabitha got out through a loose screen yesterday and Louis Dean had to fix ALL the screens so they won't pop out!

Friday is a 'Sherry' Day!
She's off and ready to go somewhere and do something!
And what a blessing it is to me ti get to spend some one on one time with her.
We are both married to 'Dean's' and we love them with all our hearts!
Still....it's good to have some Girl Time together and we always have fun!

Our first stop was at the Red Hot Deals where everything is $8!
We both found some good things and it was a lot of fun to look at all the bins full of stuff and find something that was a GOOD Deal!!


Sherry treated me to lunch at On the Border which is always like going to a party!
I had the Marky Marg...


which features Mark Wahlberg's Flecha Azul Tequilia.
It was really good but on the sweet side.

Our other stops was HEB for Louis Dean's boxed wines and Tractor Supply for dog food for the mops and Hobby Lobby just because!

It was a wonderful day and the first one in a long time that I left Louis Dean home alone.
He did well.
He's mowed and plowed and tilled and pruned up the area around his pond.


I came in from our day out and went to bed to take a nap.
I heard Sherry's tractor when I woke up and she had taken a load of dirt for Louis Dean to put around his pond.


I was late to the party but I jumped on the tractor for a pic!


Sherry is the BEST!!!
And we love her and Dean with all our hearts!


I love signs!!
These are some of the ones here in the country place.

I have been writing and painting some every day....


This canvas is for Jesse.
It's different from my usual paintings and I have enjoyed the challenge!


The second project is the mountain cabin in New Mexico for Jim who owns the place.

Both of these are still works in progress and I hope to have them finished before we leave here.


This plaque hangs on the wall across from the Girl Bunk and I read it every day that I'm here at the ranch.

Such great advice and I try my very best to be true in following these words.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

More good times! Glad you have a " daughter-in-love" along with Summer and Amber!!Love, Trudy

MadSnapper said...

your posts are always so uplifting, and happy and full of joy. you get your joy from the simple things in life and of course SHOPPING LOL... you found a winner with Sherry for sure. Both Deans found winner wives!!! I don't own any signsm but I do have four dog photos with scripture on them over the sofa. maybe no signs because i don't do well with being told what to do, LOL

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I would say that you do an excellent job of living up to the words of encouragement and positive ideas on the sign in the Girl Bunk. You are so full of energy and creativity and fun! I'm not sure how you do it all, but it sure is fun to hear about it. I love hearing about your adventures with your family and friends. Those kitty pictures are precious. And I love seeing you on the tractor! What fun! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your time at the farm/ranch/camp. What a blessing to have such a place to escape to! Thank you for sharing it all with us! God bless you!!!

Donna said...

The pond is going to be a fun feature!
Glad to hear that your long time friend will finally be able to visit you...we make such good friends here in Blogland!
Love the kitties...
Happy weekend!
hugs
Donna

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What busy days at the farm! I love the past sign...be nice to everyone is a good reminder! Enjoy your weekend....I know you will! Hugs to you both!

Deanna Rabe said...

Such happy days. This is the way to have a good life in the midst of hard things which come to all of us; surround yourself with people who love you and whom you love. Walk through life together, and with the Lord.

Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

You definitely know how to make ‘every moment count’! Thanks for sharing your moments with us. How fun to have Linda Chapman coming for a visit!!!

photowannabe said...

I can't wait to hear all about what the 2 Linda Chapmans' are going to do... How fun. I found out that I have a "cousin" on my Hubby's side that is named Susan with the same last name. Ancestry does bring people together.
You certainly make every minute count at the Ranch and I am so glad you had a special time with Sherry. She and Dean are pure gems.
Sue

LC said...

You are definitely among the busiest and most talented of all the Lindas that this Linda is acquainted with!

Latane Barton said...

Just another really fun, exciting and life-living post. You have the best time doing the worst chores. I admire you, Girl.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this pic of Samantha! I think it is the prettiest one of her you have taken...oh those golden eyes! You look very much at home on the tractor. You changed your background!

NanaDiana said...

I am glad you were able to leave LD alone for a bit and go enjoy some time with your friend. I know you worry about leaving him alone so that is a blessing to know all is well and that you CAN do that sometimes. You found some bargains to boot!

I love your kitty. She is so sweet and I miss having a kitty. I have a naughty puppy dog instead but wouldn't trade him for the world. lol

I hope you have a blessed Sunday and I know you are excited to have your name double coming to visit! xo Diana

Judy said...

Anonymous said...
You definitely know how to make ‘every moment count’! Thanks for sharing your moments with us. How fun to have Linda Chapman coming for a visit!!!

May 20, 2023 at 9:50 AM

*************

I left you a comment from my phone yesterday and it published as 'anonymous'. Just thought I'd identify myself. :) Hope you are having a fantastic Sunday!

Judy...another Canadian friend